Aldeer.com

Fishing Lease

Posted By: shollis

Fishing Lease - 12/09/21 11:00 PM

Hello all. Anyone know of any local to Bham (within an hour) fishing leases? Thinking of small private lakes that allow fishing for a membership fee. Just really looking to kill time with a little canoe or small pelican boat. Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted By: Olbowhunter18

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/10/21 01:12 AM

You missed the deadline for next years membership but fosters in Marion is hard to beat for the money. I think it’s between 15-20 ponds for $250/year. Not much more than hour drive
Posted By: top cat

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/10/21 01:46 AM

Never heard of this
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/10/21 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by top cat
Never heard of this
Posted By: 55555

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/10/21 03:00 AM

any info on fosters ?
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/10/21 03:22 AM

Depending on your location I know where one is roughly 1:45 from you In Mississippi. Pm me

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/10/21 01:45 PM

Fosters is owned by a retired veterinarian it’s roughly a 2000 acre cattle farm with farm ponds varying in size. No docks, roads aren’t great, but you can back a boat in or bank fish every lake to my knowledge. I was in it several years ago and know several others that have been in it. Don’t generally catch huge numbers of fish but there are big fish there. Membership is yearly and has to be renewed every November either by mail or in person. You can’t keep fish over 3lbs I believe and can only keep 5 fish(bass) per trip per membership. Member can bring a guest unless rules have changed. There are catfish brim and crappie in the lakes as well but I’ve never fished for them.
Posted By: HappyHunter

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/13/21 01:47 AM

I had no idea this was a thing.
Posted By: Bigem1958

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/14/21 11:48 PM

Caught crappie and bream on jigs and roadrunners or beetle spins! Nice place if you have the time to find them!
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/15/21 01:10 AM

Hell man fishing off the bank is a good way to get snakebit.
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/15/21 08:47 PM

U ice fishin yet^^^^^^

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/16/21 08:19 PM

Gotta watch for them snowsnakes.
Posted By: Jotjackson

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/18/21 01:57 AM

I have been in one in Hale County for 5 years. My largest three have been 9, 10 and 11 lbs. The lake is managed for trophy bass. Some of the best days of my life has been on this lake. Relaxing and no fighting other boat traffic. I still fish the river system but this is my Happy place.
Posted By: MyHomey

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/20/21 12:31 PM

Trying to find a fishing lease and some info for Hale county would be great.

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/21/21 06:51 PM

Is the club in hale county Webb’s?
Posted By: fillmore

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/22/21 01:47 AM

Following this thread. I’d definitely be interested in something like a fishing membership somewhere within an hour or so of Bham
Posted By: Nicholas5138

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/22/21 10:31 PM

Contact info?
Posted By: Jotjackson

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/22/21 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Olbowhunter18
Is the club in hale county Webb’s?

Are you asking me?

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/23/21 01:17 PM

Yes just curious. We were in that one for a few years along time ago.
Posted By: FreeStateHunter

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/24/21 01:21 AM

I was in one in Athens. Wish I could find a good one close to Cullman

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/25/21 01:23 AM

which one is good
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Fishing Lease - 12/25/21 02:21 AM

Foster farms in Marion is fine for the money $250 a year is what it used to be. It's just a bunch of old shallow catfish lakes but people do catch big ones out of it.

I went to donovan/bar d lakes earlier this year and it was super nice. I think it's a $1000 a year but we were able to put a 21 foot bass boat in the two lakes we fished. I caught couple nice fish on a jig and broke off two absolute Giants I just couldn't move. What was impressive to me is all the giant bream we caught on crankbaits
Posted By: FISHUNT7

Re: Fishing Lease - 01/02/22 09:55 AM

Donovan/Bar D lakes are great fishing. I was a member there for several years and never had a bad trip. Even in the dead of summer. I caught my personal best of 13.5 lb there and also caught two 2 lb bream. They used to stock the Tiger bass in the Donovan Lakes. They have piers, fishing docks, and feeders on most docks. You can bring campers also. They had a few sites set up on boat lake locations. Not sure if they were 30 Amp or 50 Amp. They keep a nice website with lots of photos from building the lake, spreading pea gravel and continuously adding structure to the lake. If you follow BamaBass on You-Tube he was a member there for a while also.

http://donavanlakes.org/
© 2024 ALDEER.COM