Aldeer.com

Spider rigging

Posted By: Ridge Life

Spider rigging - 09/19/21 04:50 PM

Took my first trip Friday. I enjoyed it, always been a single pole jig guy. How many of you guys been doing it?
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Spider rigging - 09/19/21 07:03 PM

I'm going the other way. Trying to quit multi pole fishing to do single pole fishing. Having said that, you can put a lot of fish in a cooler, in a hurry when you're spider rigging or long lining. If you're wanting a meat trip, that's the way to go.

Re: Spider rigging - 09/19/21 08:42 PM

That’s sorta the way I thought it would be classified. We caught several good ones, but most were average or below..
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Spider rigging - 09/20/21 02:45 PM

I like it in the winter time it's a laid back relaxing way to fish
Posted By: hitek

Re: Spider rigging - 09/20/21 04:06 PM

I do it regularly.

Re: Spider rigging - 09/20/21 04:59 PM

My mindset is I’ll prolly do it in the summer, and some in the winter when I can’t pick em apart out my tops
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Spider rigging - 09/20/21 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Life
My mindset is I’ll prolly do it in the summer, and some in the winter when I can’t pick em apart out my tops

I shoot docks in the summer when I want to catch crappie. I couldn't imagine trying to do it in the summer with all the boat traffic

Re: Spider rigging - 09/21/21 07:42 PM

Where we fish there is hardly any boat traffic, and there is only 1 dock on the lake. I wouldn’t if it were busy.
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Spider rigging - 10/03/21 12:23 PM

It’s my favorite way to fish and I typically catch my biggest fish doing it. I think it’s a more natural presentation.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM