Aldeer.com

Lock and Dam Fishing

Posted By: Antelope08

Lock and Dam Fishing - 09/13/21 03:44 PM

Just moved to the area and trying to find some lock and dam areas to fish near Prattville, don't have a boat , it will be off the bank.....I have been doing some searching on the web and haven't found anything yet.....any assistance will be appreciated......
Posted By: Bronco 74

Re: Lock and Dam Fishing - 09/13/21 06:55 PM

Miller’s ferry is close to you.
Posted By: Peach

Re: Lock and Dam Fishing - 09/13/21 11:13 PM

We used to own a place at Miller’s Ferry and fished the lock and dam a lot. We did a lot of snagging when the water was moving and tossed baits in to the doors for smaller catfish. We also used to fish for flatheads across the river from the lock and damn. Had to drive through the army corp land and walk down onto the rocks. We usually fished live bream on a circle hook and had pretty good success. Every now and then we would catch a striper. Also snagged some spoonbills but they are not legal to keep.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Lock and Dam Fishing - 09/14/21 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Antelope08
Just moved to the area and trying to find some lock and dam areas to fish near Prattville, don't have a boat , it will be off the bank.....I have been doing some searching on the web and haven't found anything yet.....any assistance will be appreciated......

Fish bridges. Doesn't have to be a dam.

Re: Lock and Dam Fishing - 09/14/21 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Peach
We used to own a place at Miller’s Ferry and fished the lock and dam a lot. We did a lot of snagging when the water was moving and tossed baits in to the doors for smaller catfish. We also used to fish for flatheads across the river from the lock and damn. Had to drive through the army corp land and walk down onto the rocks. We usually fished live bream on a circle hook and had pretty good success. Every now and then we would catch a striper. Also snagged some spoonbills but they are not legal to keep.

Thanks Guys, I will look up Millers Ferry....

Re: Lock and Dam Fishing - 09/14/21 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Originally Posted by Antelope08

Fish bridges. Doesn't have to be a dam.

Thanks for that....will try it out.....
© 2024 ALDEER.COM