Aldeer.com

Lake George in Cullman

Posted By: BIGBUCK91

Lake George in Cullman - 04/20/09 08:08 PM

Anyone fished it? I have fished Catoma a bunch but thought about trying George. What are good patterns this time of year and what is in it, fish wise?

Thanks
Posted By: SLM Farms

Re: Lake George in Cullman - 04/20/09 09:02 PM

they just got the dam fixed, it went a while with the water real low, so I don't know how the fish are. The last time I was there it was shallow diving crankbaits and tamato worms (lite purple and white crankbait). Been a couple of years.
Posted By: SLM Farms

Re: Lake George in Cullman - 04/20/09 09:03 PM

they just got the dam fixed, it went a while with the water real low, so I don't know how the fish are. The last time I was there it was shallow diving crankbaits and tamato worms (lite purple and white crankbait). Been a couple of years.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Lake George in Cullman - 04/21/09 01:44 AM

BigBuck, what's up at Catoma and Inland?

Are the shoreline weeds up at Catoma? I want to get down there and swim a jig through the weeds if they're up or the water's over them.

Haven't been to Inland in a while. Liked it the time I was there ... tough but fun looking for bedding fish.
Posted By: Stalker75

Re: Lake George in Cullman - 04/21/09 02:57 AM

We haven't been able to catch anything of any size lately. I caught a 7.5 pounder late last summer and was shocked. I know there are some decent fish in it, but its been tough to get anything over 1.5 pounds as of late. I know the last two saturday night tournaments were won with about 3.5 pounds for 5 fish. While on the other hand I have talked to people fishing catoma that have been catching 20-25 pound 5 fish limits at catoma.
Posted By: doekiller

Re: Lake George in Cullman - 04/21/09 03:09 PM

Did they raise the HP limit on catoma or is it still 10 hp?
Posted By: Clem

Re: Lake George in Cullman - 04/21/09 05:02 PM

Still 10 from what I understand, which means you get a 9.9 sticker and put it on a 25 hp motor.

Stupid phucking rule. The lake should be at least 50 hp. It's big enough.
Posted By: jabuck63

Re: Lake George in Cullman - 04/21/09 10:38 PM

Yeah Clem its big enough, BUT IT IS THE WATER SUPPLY FOR CULLMAN ! I have a Basscat with a 200 Merc on it and i fish Guntersville and Lay with it. It is nice to take my grandson in my flat bottom and a 10 hp and not get knocked off the water. I hope I catch somebody over there with a mis labled motor. As far as lake George, give it a couple of years it will be back. Catching nice bass right across from the launch at Catoma
© 2024 ALDEER.COM