Aldeer.com

Illegal trotlines

Posted By: DryFire

Illegal trotlines - 05/13/21 06:29 PM

I'm getting reports of illegal trotlines being ran around the Painted Bluff area below G Dam. Illegal as in unmarked and running bank to bank. One guide wrapped one around his prop yesterday.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Illegal trotlines - 05/13/21 06:58 PM

Call the GW or Marine Police.

Montgomery number is 334-242-3465 - ask for the Law Enforcement Section, then let them know.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Illegal trotlines - 05/13/21 11:28 PM

I know good ol boys that used to run nets. Told me they sell me a 10 bass anytime. Catch 100s of crappie a day
Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Re: Illegal trotlines - 05/14/21 03:22 AM

I’ve got one in my prop near the bluff before. Wasn’t in real good shape after I brought my hook blade to bear.
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: Illegal trotlines - 05/16/21 05:45 PM

My 1/4 cable trout line still viable🥸
Posted By: SwampHunter

Re: Illegal trotlines - 05/27/21 08:02 PM

You have to hide a trotline pretty well and sink it or fishermen will cut it in a heartbeat.
Posted By: James

Re: Illegal trotlines - 05/27/21 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by SwampHunter
You have to hide a trotline pretty well and sink it or fishermen will cut it in a heartbeat.

Damn right. We rolled up on a couple of guys just as one of them was fixing to cut one of ours in the Landing Slough, several years back lol.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Illegal trotlines - 05/27/21 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by SwampHunter

Damn right. We rolled up on a couple of guys just as one of them was fixing to cut one of ours in the Landing Slough, several years back lol.

That’s a mighty fine way to tote an ass whooping all the way back to the boat ramp.
Posted By: johnv

Re: Illegal trotlines - 05/28/21 01:47 AM

Running trot lines is some of my best childhood memories. We released the big ones and the biggest we ever got was 98lbs. I spent alot of time watching my dad dive for muscle also. He made a dang good living doing it for a few years. Good times
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: Illegal trotlines - 05/28/21 08:04 PM

youall don't know yet them bassmaskers own the rivers specially the tenn
© 2024 ALDEER.COM