Aldeer.com

Garmin

Posted By: bamafan1966

Garmin - 11/21/20 12:03 AM

With all the positive reviews and the sales going on this week I am planing to pick up a Garmin UHD 93sv with LiveScope. What has been anyone's experience with the side scan/down scan with Garmin units?
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Garmin - 11/21/20 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by bamafan1966
With all the positive reviews and the sales going on this week I am planing to pick up a Garmin UHD 93sv with LiveScope. What has been anyone's experience with the side scan/down scan with Garmin units?

garmin is not good, hummingbird or lowrance are much better in si and di
Garmin is good on panoptics but bird has a comparable unit coming out in the spring that is supposed to be better than panoptics. May be a good time to wait and see how good the bird actually is
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Garmin - 11/21/20 03:23 AM

All I have hooked up to mine is a Livescope. No experience with SI or DI

I'm with Ben. I'd wait til March and see what H'bird has got to offer. Even if it's the best thing since sliced bread, a LS is great and you can pick up a used much cheaper. There's been a lot of Humminbird or die guys buy Livescopes. When the Mega Live whatever hits the market, they'll dump their LS's, IMO.

I'm anxious to try out my LS tomorrow. I got finished installing it on the new boat today and made a mount where I can use it in Perspective mode. Got the head unit updated to run it.
Posted By: CAL

Re: Garmin - 11/21/20 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by bamafan1966

garmin is not good, hummingbird or lowrance are much better in si and di
Garmin is good on panoptics but bird has a comparable unit coming out in the spring that is supposed to be better than panoptics. May be a good time to wait and see how good the bird actually is

Listen to Ben. He knows a thing or two about fishing and electronics.
Posted By: bamafan1966

Re: Garmin - 11/21/20 10:37 AM

Thanks for the advice. I would prefer to have the same brand at the bow and console and presently have a couple of the lower end Lowrance but would like to upgrade. I have read so many reviews and talked to some many folks that it all runs together after a bit.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM