Aldeer.com

Da boat

Posted By: FurFlyin

Da boat - 11/15/20 01:00 PM

Some of you saw this on crappie.com. Here she is for the ones that didn't see it. My wife actually suggested that I buy a bigger boat so our entire family could go out at the same time. Boys when your wife tells you to buy a boat, buy a boat.

I had 4 requirements. 20', aluminum, center console bay boat, and 4 stroke motor. I really wanted and Xpress but those are rare as hens teeth unless you buy a new one and I was not buying a new one. I looked all over the SE on Craigslist for 3 days and couldn't find one. Tuesday morning I found this one near Clanton and immediately headed that way. It's a 2016 20 Bay DLX. It has a new Solix 12 SI on the bow and a new 80 lb Ultrex MSI I pilot link TM on the bow. Both those were put on this spring. I'll likely sell the Ultrex and get an Ulterra. If anyone is interested in trading on that, shoot me a PM. I'd swap it dead even for a new Ulterra I Pilot link without the SI or DI ducer built in. Klay gets first right of refusal on a trade. With Livescope I rarely use my bow mount unit for anything other than waypoints or a map.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: CAM

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 01:43 PM

Very nice rig beers thumbup
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 02:19 PM

Awesome boat congrats!
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 02:21 PM

Nice ride!
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 02:31 PM

Congrats fur. I hope you come close to sinking that thing from the Sheer weight of the fish you and the family catch out of it.
Posted By: BradB

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 03:44 PM

I will admit it. I am green with envy.Been thinking lately about fishing for the first time in years and that looks like it will get Er done.
Posted By: .308

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 03:49 PM

Sweet!

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 04:18 PM

Thanks guys. If anyone is looking for a good older boat I’ll be putting my fully restored 1998 Xpress H54 (18’ 6”) for sale once I get everything swapped over to the new ride.
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 04:31 PM

Very Nice!
Posted By: top cat

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 05:27 PM

Wooo Whoo
Love it

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 07:12 PM

Thanks guys.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 07:26 PM

That boat is worthy to have its pick taken in front of jacks πŸ˜€ πŸ‘

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by jb20
That boat is worthy to have its pick taken in front of jacks πŸ˜€ πŸ‘

I didn't have my good clothes on so I stopped at Durbin's instead of going to Jacks.
Posted By: Bar270

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 08:26 PM

Thats a nice boat fur !
Posted By: Out back

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 08:39 PM

I'm hurt. You was at Durbin farms and I didn't even get an invite. πŸ€”
Posted By: Madmax0818

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 08:50 PM

Nice rig Fur
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 08:52 PM

Great looking boat! You oughta enjoy that one.
Posted By: Megatrondiablo

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 09:02 PM

I like that thing.

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 11:43 PM

Thanks guys. It's going to expand my fishing range a bunch. I'm not use to not having to play the wind to determine where I put in and where I fish. This boat is big enough that I feel confident in crossing the big water on G pretty much any time. I'm not careless enough to go out when it's dangerous, but it's a much larger boat than my old one.

I got the Solix taken off the bow, and the Helix taken off the console this afternoon. We ate lunch after church, then got busy on it. My son took everything out of it while I removed the electronics, then we took it to the shop for a good scrubbing and hot water pressure washer bath. The boat had a lot of that most of the state red dirt staining on the insides and on the trailer. The boat is now spotless, but I may have to acid wash the trailer. I tore the hubs down as soon as I got it home, cleaned, inspected and repacked the bearings and they desperately needed it. I'm going to swap props on it before I take it back out and see if a more aggressive rake gives me a little more top end speed. If there was one thing I could change about the boat, I'd swap the 115 for a 150. I don't know how much top end speed I'd gain, but she'll run about 40 right now. I'm surprised that a boat that big isn't rated for more than a 150.

Outback, I was just there long enough to pee and get some peach ice cream.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Da boat - 11/15/20 11:47 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Da boat - 11/16/20 12:16 AM

Great looking rig Fur!
Posted By: GrandSlam

Re: Da boat - 11/16/20 01:30 AM

Only thing missing is a spare tire. I hate leaving my stuff on the side of the road. Will not pull out of the driveway without one. Great fishing machine!!!
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Da boat - 11/16/20 02:53 AM

One thing about fur he better mount that spare tire on the boat trailer cause it’ll rot if he puts it in the back of his truck

Re: Da boat - 11/16/20 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
One thing about fur he better mount that spare tire on the boat trailer cause it’ll rot if he puts it in the back of his truck

rofl
Posted By: Geno

Re: Da boat - 11/16/20 12:26 PM

Nice!! Now rip it apart down to the bones and put it all back together right. grin

Re: Da boat - 11/16/20 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Geno
Nice!! Now rip it apart down to the bones and put it all back together right. grin

NOOOOOOO! smile
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Da boat - 11/16/20 02:20 PM

Nice!
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Da boat - 11/16/20 02:34 PM

I have a Yamaha 150 four stroke. I can barely push my Lund up to 40 with it. But I'll take it over my old two stroke any day. Are you going to add a canopy? The remote on my Ulterra crapped out Saturday. It was the first time I have ever had to use the foot pedal. I ain't going back out again until I get the remote fixed or replaced.

Re: Da boat - 11/16/20 02:36 PM

Thanks Fuzzywuzzy

TN, yes I'm going to add a bimini top. I know nothing about them, so could use recommendations. I want it to fold down flat. How old is your Ulterra?

Re: Da boat - 11/16/20 06:02 PM

I bought my bimini through Empire. It will stow flat or at a 45 degree angle. I've had it open and run the boat at 35mph with no problems. The Ulterra was bought new in February. I am part of the .25% lucky owners whose remote just randomly wipes out its memory. MinnKota cannot find the problem, they are shipping me a replacement remote today. Their customer service is top notch. I fish exclusively from the back of the boat. So having to run to the front and use the foot pedal and watch my rods hanging off the back was probably why I got skunked on Saturday.

Re: Da boat - 11/16/20 08:22 PM

Is the power cord not extremely long on your foot pedal? Seems like mine is 15’ or so.

Re: Da boat - 11/16/20 08:44 PM

Don't know. I keep it stowed in a forward compartment. I pulled out enough cord to run it from the front seat. First time that thing as seen daylight since Hevishot put it on back in February.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Da boat - 11/17/20 01:08 AM

Very sharp. Congrats!

Dr. B
Posted By: Geno

Re: Da boat - 11/17/20 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Originally Posted by Geno

NOOOOOOO! smile

lol

Re: Da boat - 11/17/20 03:56 PM

Another item you may want to consider in the future, is a Ramp N Clamp. Loading the boat is so much easier now and the person driving the truck doesn't get their feet wet to attach the trailer hook.

Re: Da boat - 11/17/20 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
Very sharp. Congrats!

Dr. B

Thanks

Originally Posted by TexasNative
Another item you may want to consider in the future, is a Ramp N Clamp. Loading the boat is so much easier now and the person driving the truck doesn't get their feet wet to attach the trailer hook.

I’ll make sure I get one of those when my son moves out. LOL
Posted By: JBL

Re: Da boat - 11/17/20 09:14 PM

Good lookin boat Fur

Re: Da boat - 11/18/20 03:31 AM

Thanks JBL.

I forgot just how much I LOVE (sarcasm) rigging a boat. I got the Solix 12 moved from the bow to the center console this evening. And got the bow wired for my Helix. Now I've got to figure out howinthecornbreadhell to get my Livescope Black Box under the front deck since there's no access to the area under the compartments in the front deck. I guess by this time tomorrow, there will be access to the area in front of the compartments, below the front deck.
Posted By: JonBoy85

Re: Da boat - 11/18/20 01:00 PM

You will love that Yamaha to fur, I just bought an 18 model xpress with a yamaha and it is amazing. Good luck on the black box.... I had it in a 17'6" triton and everything was easy! The wires needed to be a foot longer for the 21 footer. Absolute pain in the butt!!
Posted By: JBL

Re: Da boat - 11/18/20 02:39 PM

Thanks JBL.

I forgot just how much I LOVE (sarcasm) rigging a boat. I got the Solix 12 moved from the bow to the center console this evening. And got the bow wired for my Helix. Now I've got to figure out howinthecornbreadhell to get my Livescope Black Box under the front deck since there's no access to the area under the compartments in the front deck. I guess by this time tomorrow, there will be access to the area in front of the compartments, below the front deck.

They are fun to rig aren't they haha. When you get done that will be one fine crappie catching machine.

Re: Da boat - 11/19/20 12:34 PM

I got all the wiring for the units done last night. I finally bit the bullet and decided to bolt the black box to the underside of the deck, in one of front compartments. I'm going to put a rubber washer between the box and deck at each bolt hole. That should be interesting. I can only get one arm in the compartment.....
Posted By: Ryano

Re: Da boat - 11/19/20 01:42 PM

I got all the wiring for the units done last night. I finally bit the bullet and decided to bolt the black box to the underside of the deck, in one of front compartments. I'm going to put a rubber washer between the box and deck at each bolt hole. That should be interesting. I can only get one arm in the compartment.....

Glue them to the black box or to the underside of the deck.
Posted By: Morris

Re: Da boat - 11/19/20 02:17 PM

Nice!

Re: Da boat - 11/19/20 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ryano

Glue them to the black box or to the underside of the deck.

Ats what ima gonna do.

Thanks Morris

Re: Da boat - 11/19/20 07:58 PM

One more thing. With those 4 stroke Yamaha's, most maintenance is based on hours. I had Hevishot install a hour meter using a spark plug wire, not when the battery power is switched on to record hours. I spend more time watching my graph anchored or drifting than actual motor time. Hevi is a great guy to have around with those computer driven motors. He likes it when I help him make a truck payment or two. grin

Re: Da boat - 11/20/20 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by TexasNative
One more thing. With those 4 stroke Yamaha's, most maintenance is based on hours. I had Hevishot install a hour meter using a spark plug wire, not when the battery power is switched on to record hours. I spend more time watching my graph anchored or drifting than actual motor time. Hevi is a great guy to have around with those computer driven motors. He likes it when I help him make a truck payment or two. grin

I gotta get the hours read on this motor. I doubt it's got 100 on it but I'd like to know for sure.
Posted By: QDMAV8R

Re: Da boat - 11/20/20 12:49 PM

Very nice rig Fur.

Re: Da boat - 11/20/20 06:32 PM

Thanks
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Da boat - 11/20/20 11:39 PM

I just now saw this thread. Nice rig Fur. Congratulations.

Re: Da boat - 11/21/20 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by metalmuncher
I just now saw this thread. Nice rig Fur. Congratulations.

Thanks. So far I'm loving it. I'm loving it more right now than I was an hour ago when I was desperately trying to get finished rigging it. LOL I've worked on it nearly every night this week.
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Da boat - 11/21/20 12:55 PM

Good stuff!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM