Aldeer.com

Lake Tuscaloosa and Warrior River ramps closed?

Posted By: GomerPyle

Lake Tuscaloosa and Warrior River ramps closed? - 03/30/20 02:16 PM

My neighbor (who fishes pretty much every day) told me yesterday that the city of Tuscaloosa is "closing the lake" (closing all ramps and telling residents they can't be out on the water), and said they're also closing all the ramps on the river, but I cannot find anything about it online. Can anyone verify that is or is not accurate?

Re: Lake Tuscaloosa and Warrior River ramps closed? - 03/30/20 02:28 PM

well, after more research, the only post I could find about it was from L&L Marine's FB page, stating the city is closing PUBLIC ramps, but the lake itself is still open, assuming you have access to a private ramp. Still ridiculous, though, to discourage people from getting out on an open body of water, away from folks.
Posted By: Big AL 76

Re: Lake Tuscaloosa and Warrior River ramps closed? - 03/30/20 02:31 PM

The only warrior river ramp I know of that’s closed is the one in Fosters per some people that live there.. I’ll ride to Holt today.. per the news last night they said the water patrol would be out more now that people were taking to the water.. so I assume most every launch is still open

Since that goober is closing (city) landings I would assume Binion creek launch would be open🤔

Re: Lake Tuscaloosa and Warrior River ramps closed? - 03/30/20 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Big AL 76
The only warrior river ramp I know of that’s closed is the one in Fosters per some people that live there.. I’ll ride to Holt today.. per the news last night they said the water patrol would be out more now that people were taking to the water.. so I assume most every launch is still open

Since that goober is closing (city) landings I would assume Binion creek launch would be open🤔

B/c Lake Tuscaloosa is considered City of Tuscaloosa Property, all public landings on it are under the city's jurisdiction, so Binion will presumably be closed, along with the one by the spillway, and I thing there are a couple of others. I believe there are a few business that have their own ramps that the public can use (for a fee?) that may still be open, but not certain.
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: Lake Tuscaloosa and Warrior River ramps closed? - 03/30/20 03:58 PM

allly power been done closed their ramps. po'ed
Posted By: birdcarver

Re: Lake Tuscaloosa and Warrior River ramps closed? - 03/30/20 07:57 PM

BINION creek landing is open today, just passed by and lots of trucks and trailers in parking lot

Re: Lake Tuscaloosa and Warrior River ramps closed? - 03/30/20 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by birdcarver
BINION creek landing is open today, just passed by and lots of trucks and trailers in parking lot

good to hear you're up and about.................how long till you can wear the spots out again?
Posted By: birdcarver

Re: Lake Tuscaloosa and Warrior River ramps closed? - 03/30/20 08:25 PM

Thanks for asking , I have been released after 3 weeks ,but was told not to get the flu, so I've been staying at home other than get in truck and ride down the road just to see some sunshine
© 2024 ALDEER.COM