Aldeer.com

This weekend should be hawttttt

Posted By: Clem

This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/26/20 05:36 PM

Three straight days of sun and heat with temps in the high 50s at night?

If you're in North Alabama wanting some sight fishing, Saturday and Sunday might be your days before the next round of storms move in.

I'll bet any not-yet-spawned bass move up hard tomorrow and Saturday on the rivers.
Posted By: Drake322

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/26/20 05:50 PM

Neely is still muddy in main river but pockets and sloughs are clearing. I will be out Saturday for sho.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/26/20 05:55 PM

IM headed down tomorrow until tuesday.. im excite!
Posted By: JBL

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/26/20 05:57 PM

Yes sir, I'll be fishing Sat for sure. Its going to be good.
Posted By: Drew11

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/26/20 06:22 PM

got a club tournament saturday on Mitchell, I havent fished there in awhile but Im sure:

1. It will be packed
2. the fish will be biting shallow
Posted By: DryFire

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/26/20 08:04 PM

I heard that at noon, reservations were needed to fish Honeycomb. It was packed with both boaters and bankers.
Posted By: IDOT

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/26/20 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by TexasNative
I heard that at noon, reservations were needed to fish Honeycomb. It was packed with both boaters and bankers.

LOL...there was no social distancing taking place when I drove through there yesterday afternoon
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/26/20 09:49 PM

Approaching 90 in Montgomery, I have a feeling I'll be fishing closer to dark.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/26/20 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Drake322
Neely is still muddy in main river but pockets and sloughs are clearing. I will be out Saturday for sho.

A bass would have to have been sitting on top of the water in a lawn chair to see him anywhere I was on Neely today. Pockets aren't as bad as main river, but they're still bad. Best place I was at, I could see my jig about 6" under the water.
Posted By: Bull64

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/26/20 11:14 PM

They gonna be chewin’...
Posted By: Bows4evr

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/26/20 11:47 PM

How did you do at neely fur?
Posted By: James

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/27/20 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by IDOT
Originally Posted by TexasNative

LOL...there was no social distancing taking place when I drove through there yesterday afternoon

Lol. There's more boats at the camp now than I've ever seen, and they're supposed to be having a tournament this weekend? How the hell is that gonna work 😄

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/27/20 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bows4evr

One of my worst days ever on the water as far as catching fish is concerned. Wasn't just me either. I met a group of guys down there, I think 5 boats, and nobody did any good and there's a couple of those guys who are crappie slaying machines.
Posted By: daniel white

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/27/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

One of my worst days ever on the water as far as catching fish is concerned. Wasn't just me either. I met a group of guys down there, I think 5 boats, and nobody did any good and there's a couple of those guys who are crappie slaying machines.

They stacked under the docks. Y’all shoot any?

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/27/20 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by daniel white
Originally Posted by FurFlyin

They stacked under the docks. Y’all shoot any?

Every dock down there. Only thing we caught on docks were 4-5" crappie. One guy that lives there said they left the docks a few days ago.

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/27/20 01:38 AM

My buddy went up there last 2 days and hammered em under the docks. Which he’s pretty good. He been fishing with me for years here on Wedowee. When I get tired of chasing these birds I’ll get back to limiting out here in Wedowee. Plus I don’t like fishing a lot in “crappie” season. Lakes get packed.

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/27/20 01:43 AM

Y’all come come to Wedowee and try the docks?
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/27/20 02:05 AM

I'm hitting the water in the morning. I hope its right.
Posted By: desertdog

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/27/20 04:36 AM

I hope Neely is better than last year. Or I just suck which is probably the case.

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/27/20 11:21 AM

My buddy went up there last 2 days and hammered em under the docks. Which he’s pretty good. He been fishing with me for years here on Wedowee. When I get tired of chasing these birds I’ll get back to limiting out here in Wedowee. Plus I don’t like fishing a lot in “crappie” season. Lakes get packed.

Two of the guys in our "pack" yesterday are better dock fishermen than anybody I've ever seen. They weren't catching them either. I haven't shot docks with you, but I know you're really good at it. There were fish under some docks, they just wouldn't bite. Anything.

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/27/20 11:22 AM

Y’all come come to Wedowee and try the docks?

Some of the guys that I fished with yesterday were talking about going down there today. I don't know what they decided. My son and I are going to Guntersville.
Posted By: Livintohunt19

Re: This weekend should be hawttttt - 03/27/20 12:41 PM

Hey DW have you heard anything on the bass fishing at wedowee
© 2024 ALDEER.COM