Aldeer.com

how do I CATCH these freaking bass

Posted By: strikeu

how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 12:48 AM

all along the bank, Bass are spawning and churning the water.

Tall grass in spots, I'm certain Bass are spawning in these areas. I can see them darting out to get the bluegill. I'm dragging spinners and crank-bait all along the bank...the bass give me the middle finger.

I caught 3 this week, some around the 5lb mark, but last couple of days nothing. Texas rigged worms all colors...nothing.

hook me up..shotgun? dynamite?
Posted By: JBL

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 01:02 AM

I tore them up yesterday on a zoom super fluke when they wouldnt touch anything else
Posted By: top cat

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 01:05 AM

You see them and know they are bass. They usually don't make much noise. Sounds like carp.
Posted By: trmcmahon

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 01:06 AM

Fluke
Posted By: BCLC

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 01:08 AM

Pink or white trick worm
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 01:12 AM

Lizard, no weight
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by top cat
You see them and know they are bass. They usually don't make much noise. Sounds like carp.

X2

Those are carp goober. Bass don't splash like that. Carp spawn by impacting the female and dislodging the eggs.
Posted By: Auburn_03

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 02:28 AM

You could be fishing too much and over pressuring them. Trick worm in watermelon or green pumpkin or lizard in the same colors usually work good in ponds. Senko type baits in natural colors also work good.
Posted By: Stob

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by lefthorn
Lizard, no weight
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 02:52 AM

5 inch red worms worked good for me
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 03:05 AM

Treble hook
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 03:13 AM

Corn
Posted By: Ben2

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 04:21 AM

Wacky rig senko. Pitch it to wherever they boil along the bank just let it sit there if you cant see the bass. If you can see the bass pitch a lizard at them until they bite it
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 10:50 AM

If they are on bed hook lizard with a Alka seltzer, toss it in the bed and hold on.
Posted By: hayman

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 11:03 AM

Posted By: OutdoorsAL

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 01:07 PM

IFthey are bass and they are eating bream, why not try some small bream?
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 01:59 PM

You could be fishing too fast --- take some of what you read from others, lizards, worms, etc. ---- Throw it into the bed and let it sit there, every now and then twitch it, you have to be willing to let it sit there a while, eventually she will get tired of it and nail it.

I'm like some of the above, it sounds more like carp. If you want carp, throw a bobber and bream hook into the area, and use some cut up salad tomatoes. I have used the flour and jello mixture, but it takes more time than grabbing a few older tom. and heading to the pond.
Posted By: jb20

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by RCHRR
If they are on bed hook lizard with a Alka seltzer, toss it in the bed and hold on.

Sounds like good idea
Posted By: strikeu

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Davyalabama
You could be fishing too fast --- take some of what you read from others, lizards, worms, etc. ---- Throw it into the bed and let it sit there, every now and then twitch it, you have to be willing to let it sit there a while, eventually she will get tired of it and nail it.

I'm like some of the above, it sounds more like carp. If you want carp, throw a bobber and bream hook into the area, and use some cut up salad tomatoes. I have used the flour and jello mixture, but it takes more time than grabbing a few older tom. and heading to the pond.

ok, this is good info, I thought I might be a little impatient.

Yes I can see them they're in very shallow water, they're bass. with costas I can see through 3 feet of water--they even break the surface sometimes..
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 06:34 PM

Texas rig unweighted lizard. Just pull it up slow and let it fall.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 06:37 PM

IF its carp get a snatch hook and hold on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: JBL

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/24/20 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by strikeu

ok, this is good info, I thought I might be a little impatient.

Yes I can see them they're in very shallow water, they're bass. with costas I can see through 3 feet of water--they even break the surface sometimes..

I had to fish the fluke pretty slow Sunday to get then to bite. I didn't get a one working it fast.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/25/20 01:12 AM

Frog
Posted By: Peach

Re: how do I CATCH these freaking bass - 03/25/20 10:10 AM

This!!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM