Aldeer.com

Bacon?

Posted By: canvasback

Bacon? - 02/16/20 02:40 AM

Anybody ever used it for catfish? Thought about trying it dipped in some punch bait....
Posted By: getting old

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 02:46 AM

Would probably work. Personally, I had rather eat the bacon.
Posted By: IDOT

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 03:02 AM

Catfish, will eat anything
Posted By: BuckRidge17

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 04:17 AM

It would work. But you would be better off with minners/bream or some fresh cut bait or worms
Posted By: Sandmtnslayer

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 02:38 PM

Not sure why u would use sumthing that is 6 bucks a pound to catch sumthing that is a dollar a pound
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 03:22 PM

You are gonna laugh, but spicy slim Jim's. Or, any other spicy link style sausage cooked. The oils drive them crazy. I would keep a couple of slim Jim's on the pontoon for the little kids to fish with and they would hammer them on a float.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Drake322
You are gonna laugh, but spicy slim Jim's. Or, any other spicy link style sausage cooked. The oils drive them crazy. I would keep a couple of slim Jim's on the pontoon for the little kids to fish with and they would hammer them on a float.

WHEW! I like Slim Jims BUT cost comparison puts them at about $237.23 a pound. Suckers are high as giraffe tonsils at the quick marts!
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote

WHEW! I like Slim Jims BUT cost comparison puts them at about $237.23 a pound. Suckers are high as giraffe tonsils at the quick marts!

Get the little short ones that are .25/ea. YOu can get 4 or 5 good pieces from those grin
Posted By: Bar270

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 05:28 PM

Pink hot dogs sprayed with wd-40

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 06:32 PM

It's not natural for Tilapia to eat crap. If you eat farm raised Tilapia, that is fed correctly, they are very good.

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bar270

Probably NOT something you should be putting in the river.
Posted By: canvasback

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 07:28 PM

I like this idea....the oil content makes sense!
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 09:00 PM

Old deer meat works well. Let it sit in the sun a couple of days. Somebody also said rotten potatoes are the killers.
Posted By: JBL

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bar270

I dont know why, but this made me laugh more than it probably should lol

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by canvasback

I like this idea....the oil content makes sense!

Yep, slim Jim's are some greasy eats

Re: Bacon? - 02/16/20 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by IDOT
It's not natural for Tilapia to eat crap. If you eat farm raised Tilapia, that is fed correctly, they are very good.

I've heard of foreign countries feeding them manure from other animals like pigs and cows. Shew
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Bacon? - 02/17/20 04:36 PM

I did for winter fishing back in Texas. We had a large population of roosting water turkeys on Lake Lewisville. I would find the trees they were roosting in. Early morning I would approach a tree and have my rod rigged with a piece of bacon and a LARGE float. Lob it so that the float would make a splat sound when it hit the water. Catfish hung out underneath those trees and associated the splat sound with bird poop. In the spring I would use those mini cocktail weiners. That way I could eat the bait if I got hungry.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Bacon? - 02/17/20 06:10 PM

always use a bait that you can eat if the fishing is slow....
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Bacon? - 02/17/20 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sandmtnslayer
Not sure why u would use sumthing that is 6 bucks a pound to catch sumthing that is a dollar a pound

So, your new to fishing huh?

grin
Posted By: whack-n-stack

Re: Bacon? - 02/17/20 08:27 PM

I've tried fishing with slim jims twice and didn't catch schit. The best bait I've ever used for catfish was freezer burnt red snapper and fresh tuna bloodlines.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM