Aldeer.com

IS this a white bass

Posted By: birdcarver

IS this a white bass - 11/29/19 02:50 AM

[Linked Image] I have caught a lot of these in last month, never tried to eat one. Does anyone on this site eat them and what do you do to prepare them to eat, I don't know anyone here that attempts to eat them ,[maybe a reason]
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: IS this a white bass - 11/29/19 03:08 AM

Looks like a yellow or a white. They are both good to eat. You might not want to eat them if theyre 2lbs. My uncle took some bigger ones home and didnt care for them. I have ate alot of the smaller ones fried and I never got a bad one.

Re: IS this a white bass - 11/29/19 03:18 AM

These fish weigh about 1/2 pound , do they have the red meat on skin side like a stripe and if they so do you cut it off, I can catch all of these I want past month.
Posted By: Stob

Re: IS this a white bass - 11/29/19 03:19 AM

I never cared for Whites or Stripes. By the time you trim away the dark meat, aint nothing left.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: IS this a white bass - 11/29/19 03:23 AM

That there is a slam fish

Re: IS this a white bass - 11/29/19 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by birdcarver
These fish weigh about 1/2 pound , do they have the red meat on skin side like a stripe and if they so do you cut it off, I can catch all of these I want past month.

The little ones aint gona have that red meat
Posted By: geeb1

Re: IS this a white bass - 11/29/19 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Stob
I never cared for Whites or Stripes. By the time you trim away the dark meat, aint nothing left.

Catch a stripe over 8#, very good eating! Not that difficult to get the dark meat out. We grill them
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: IS this a white bass - 11/29/19 01:08 PM

I looked at the picture last night and again this morning. That doesn't look exactly right for a white bass, but the color is right. Shape wise and stripe wise it looks just like a yellow bass. I think that's what it is, just a really pale one.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: IS this a white bass - 11/29/19 04:48 PM

I always turned my nose up at stripers. Until I had one prepared correctly. Get the lateral line and red meat out, batter and fry, and it's up there with crappie for me.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: IS this a white bass - 11/29/19 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by odocoileus
I always turned my nose up at stripers. Until I had one prepared correctly. Get the lateral line and red meat out, batter and fry, and it's up there with crappie for me.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: IS this a white bass - 11/29/19 05:53 PM

a white yellow bass
Posted By: JBL

Re: IS this a white bass - 11/29/19 07:06 PM

Yella bass
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: IS this a white bass - 12/03/19 01:54 AM

That’s a hybrid striper for sure. White bass have very faint lines below the lateral line and yellow bass are yellow.

Re: IS this a white bass - 12/03/19 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by tfd1224
That’s a hybrid striper for sure. White bass have very faint lines below the lateral line and yellow bass are yellow.

Dont it look a little yellow to you?

Re: IS this a white bass - 12/03/19 02:38 AM

100% a yellow bass. There are 3 features that set a yellow bass apart from a sea-run stripe, hybrid stripe, or a white bass and that is the broken lines are distinctly broken above the anal fin, yellowish color, and their dorsal fins are joined. Exactly how the yellow bass is in the picture.

Re: IS this a white bass - 12/03/19 02:39 AM

A lot of the ones we caught were yellow looking , but never met anyone or took time to ask what they were

Re: IS this a white bass - 12/03/19 02:42 AM

If nothing else, the joined dorsal fins should give it away
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: IS this a white bass - 12/03/19 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by JBL
100% a yellow bass. There are 3 features that set a yellow bass apart from a sea-run stripe, hybrid stripe, or a white bass and that is the broken lines are distinctly broken above the anal fin, yellowish color, and their dorsal fins are joined. Exactly how the yellow bass is in the picture.

My bad, you are right. I just always assumed all yellow bass were yellow
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: IS this a white bass - 12/03/19 04:27 PM

Birdcarver that’s a odd post for you, all your other fish have a nail through their eye on the fence lol
Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Re: IS this a white bass - 12/04/19 02:20 AM

barfish
Posted By: IDOT

Re: IS this a white bass - 12/04/19 02:34 AM

100% Yellow Bass
© 2024 ALDEER.COM