Aldeer.com

Wedowee

Posted By: Fleahopmayor

Wedowee - 11/06/19 04:52 PM

Guys we have a small club tournament on Wedowee Saturday and I'm looking for any helpful info. I've been on Wedowee twice about three years ago and have no clue regarding where, what , or how deep. It's going to be a crap shoot for us at best. Any helpful pointers? Greatly appreciated!
Posted By: .308

Re: Wedowee - 11/06/19 09:42 PM

I went Monday by myself & caught a few spots for the skillet. They were scattered on long river points in about 15-20' of water. As for tourney fish I would follow the bait up the creeks & throw crank baits & big plastic but what do I know....I fish for food when I go to Wedowee.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Wedowee - 11/06/19 10:28 PM

I went last Friday morning and wasted two hours in the back of creeks shallow. Moved out to the main river, mouths of pockets, and found them plentiful. Any main river seawall had fish on it, and if the pocket had a decent tapering point at/near the mouth, the spots were stacked about 10' deep. The fish had been all the way back for weeks, so I don't know what changed it other than the quick cold snap. Friends went back Sunday and said they found the fish about halfway back in the creeks....not sure of any more detail besides that. Water dropped from 67 Friday morning to 60 on Sunday afternoon they said.
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Wedowee - 11/07/19 04:05 AM

Fish the little river, and Wedowee creek,
Posted By: ChiefO

Re: Wedowee - 11/09/19 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by daniel white

Anybody wanting to fish wedowee needs to listen to DW. I don’t live there anymore but I’d pick him for a guide 8 days out of a week.

Re: Wedowee - 11/09/19 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by ChiefO

Anybody wanting to fish wedowee needs to listen to DW. I don’t live there anymore but I’d pick him for a guide 8 days out of a week.

And if there's a dock shootin' contest, save your time and just hand him your money! laugh
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Wedowee - 11/09/19 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by ikillbux

And if there's a dock shootin' contest, save your time and just hand him your money! laugh

yall lying to these folks, i fish with a old black gal, cane poles ans all... grin hope yall doing good
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Wedowee - 11/09/19 08:14 PM

yall lying to these folks, i fish with a old black gal, cane poles ans all... grin hope yall doing good

rofl rofl rofl
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Wedowee - 11/11/19 12:37 AM

^^^ X 575 duzen!

Re: Wedowee - 11/11/19 01:24 PM

Thanks guys for all the help. We enjoyed the day and caught fish most of the day, just couldn't get any big bites. We ended the day with 7.86 of cookie cutter spots. 11.72 won the day and a 5.42 large mouth was big fish.

Re: Wedowee - 11/13/19 11:49 AM

Good job, those Wedowee LM's are hard to pinpoint most of the time. I catch them more during the late winter/early spring when they first move up but most of the time I fish for eating size spots.

Re: Wedowee - 11/14/19 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by .308
Good job, those Wedowee LM's are hard to pinpoint most of the time. I catch them more during the late winter/early spring when they first move up but most of the time I fish for eating size spots.

You know, I have remarked before that you just never know what you'll catch today at Wedowee.... you can literally run the same banks, with the same lures, and on different days you'll catch all spots, or all largemouths. Or you may go catch all 2 pounders, then the next time there'll be some 5+ pounders mixed in.

Re: Wedowee - 11/17/19 01:56 PM

Went yesterday and caught 25, all spots, ranging from about 10" to 3-1/2 pounds. Water was 59-61 degrees, and all the bait everywhere was DEEEEEEP, like 30+ feet and sucked down to the bottom. The fish were not relating to the bait either, they were just random down the banks, at all stages of the creeks. The fish were on steep/deep banks, but they were super shallow., most of them would bite within the first few turns of the reel. ZERO topwater, zero A-rig, zero jig or plastics, caught them all on Shad Raps and jerkbaits.

Re: Wedowee - 11/17/19 09:17 PM

We gonna try them one day this week, prolly around Swagg like DW said.

Re: Wedowee - 11/19/19 02:28 PM

Went yesterday and caught 25, all spots, ranging from about 10" to 3-1/2 pounds. Water was 59-61 degrees, and all the bait everywhere was DEEEEEEP, like 30+ feet and sucked down to the bottom. The fish were not relating to the bait either, they were just random down the banks, at all stages of the creeks. The fish were on steep/deep banks, but they were super shallow., most of them would bite within the first few turns of the reel. ZERO topwater, zero A-rig, zero jig or plastics, caught them all on Shad Raps and jerkbaits.

Now that's just rubbing salt in the wound grin

Re: Wedowee - 11/19/19 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Fleahopmayor

They had some sort of high school derby down there, saw where 10-something won it (10.77 maybe?). That's basically what we had too, we might've had closer to 12, but same general size fish....seemed to be all we could find, and we fished a lot of differing stuff over several miles of lake.

Re: Wedowee - 11/19/19 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fleahopmayor

They had some sort of high school derby down there, saw where 10-something won it (10.77 maybe?). That's basically what we had too, we might've had closer to 12, but same general size fish....seemed to be all we could find, and we fished a lot of differing stuff over several miles of lake.

Thanks for making me feel better...you know how fragile our egos are!!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM