Aldeer.com

Turnover?

Posted By: FurFlyin

Turnover? - 10/14/19 12:54 AM

I went fishing yesterday. The creek that we started fishing in had spots every 8-10 feet that had bubbles coming to the surface. Columns of them. Not small aerator sized bubbles. Nickel sized bubbles. I could see them on my DI and SI too. Acres and acres of this going on.

Is that a sign that the turnover is happening? If not, anyone got any ideas what that was?
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Turnover? - 10/14/19 01:39 AM

Never noticed that when our ponds turned over.
Posted By: mackdaddy

Re: Turnover? - 10/14/19 11:21 AM

I seen it just not sure what was going on
Posted By: Stob

Re: Turnover? - 10/14/19 11:44 AM

Fish Farts. Big Fish Farts.
Posted By: birdcarver

Re: Turnover? - 10/14/19 05:21 PM

Methane Gas happening at lock 15 today in back of two creeks I was in

Re: Turnover? - 10/14/19 07:38 PM

I wonder why the gas would release all of the sudden and in such a huge area?
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Turnover? - 10/14/19 11:06 PM

I've seen it do that up in Town Creek a few times over the years. Once there was a huge release that almost looked like the boil below Guntersville Dam. It was about halfway between the bridge and the power lines. It made a hump on the surface that looked to be about 6-8 feet in diameter and about 4-6 inches high. I've never seen anything like it before that or after it. It only lasted for a moment.
Posted By: strikeu

Re: Turnover? - 10/14/19 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Stob
Fish Farts. Big Fish Farts.

turtle farts too....I have them in my pond..
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Turnover? - 10/15/19 12:03 AM

A huge alligator snapper walking along the bottom will sent up a lot of bubbles.
Posted By: icducks

Re: Turnover? - 10/15/19 12:12 AM

If ya was in short creek it was probably just air bubbles. It gets real bad if a boat comes running through there. That bottom in there is just a muck at be gases too .

Re: Turnover? - 10/15/19 12:20 AM

It was Short creek. It did that for hours.
Posted By: birdcarver

Re: Turnover? - 10/15/19 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by metalmuncher
I've seen it do that up in Town Creek a few times over the years. Once there was a huge release that almost looked like the boil below Guntersville Dam. It was about halfway between the bridge and the power lines. It made a hump on the surface that looked to be about 6-8 feet in diameter and about 4-6 inches high. I've never seen anything like it before that or after it. It only lasted for a moment.
Saw this twice at lock 15 last year very weird, also saw two 50 # plus logger head turtles yesterday on the river
© 2024 ALDEER.COM