Aldeer.com

Weiss Lake

Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Weiss Lake - 10/07/19 07:54 PM

We have a high-school tourney there this weekend and I've never fished it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/07/19 08:29 PM

Be sure you know where the channel is. That’s the best lake in the world to tear up a lower unit.
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/07/19 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Snuffy
Be sure you know where the channel is. That’s the best lake in the world to tear up a lower unit.

This for starters...

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/07/19 08:56 PM

I knew that from stories from the less fortunate.....

I have good electronics so hopefully that won't be an issue.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/07/19 11:51 PM

Stay close to the boat ramp. Spinnerbait and buzzbait would be what I would hope I could catch em on
Posted By: AC870

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/08/19 12:27 AM

Watch your electronics for baitfish where the channel breaks to shallower water.
Posted By: icducks

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/08/19 01:33 AM

Big top water baits. That would be all I would throw all day long. Dinner minner buzzbait, vixen, or a whopper flopper. If a fish rolls and misses the bait throw a shakey head right back on it. I would beat the banks and bridges.

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/08/19 01:58 AM

Thanks for the info guys.
Posted By: Sandmtnslayer

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/08/19 09:48 AM

U can know where ur at and still tear ur chit up over there
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/08/19 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sandmtnslayer

When does water start dropping for winter?
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/08/19 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sandmtnslayer

Amen.
Posted By: BPI

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/08/19 01:24 PM

I have fished the lower end for 30 years. If you want big spots go to the spill gate and fish the rip rap. Also , the channel where the large public ramp is between the spill gate lake and the upper large lake are is prime for large spots.. Kreture bates / soft plastics or crank baits that run around 8-12 foot are your friend there. Also the southeast end of the 411 bridge is great along the rip rap. Same baits. The islands in the lake where the spill gate is tapers down to 6-7 feet and there is a LOT of structure out from them. Stumps and trees that the cranes have crapped to death are all in the water. I've gotten many largemouths there.

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/08/19 04:40 PM

We are putting in at Leesburg Landing.
Posted By: BPI

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/08/19 04:52 PM

That's at the channel between the powerhouose lake and upper lake. Right where I'm talking about.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/08/19 04:57 PM

I'd suggest using 6" shiners.....
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/08/19 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
I'd suggest using 6" shiners.....

And all three of you fish! wink
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/09/19 03:58 PM

Our club draws for our Classic lake next Friday, Weiss is one of the possibilities. Couple of our guys went up there Saturday and said the water was substantially low, like maybe 3-4' low already. Said they had zero buzzbait fish all morning (that's hard to believe). Finally caught several fish on a shakey head, would've had 11-12 pounds they said. They didn't say where or give any details, so that's not really much help. But if I was going tomorrow I'd make them prove they wouldn't eat a buzzbait / spinnerbait.
Posted By: CAL

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/15/19 09:51 AM

How did it go?

Re: Weiss Lake - 10/21/19 08:16 PM

We caught a pile of 11 15/16" bass. We had 3 keepers in the boat. Best one was 3lb.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM