Aldeer.com

Too hot to fish

Posted By: FurFlyin

Too hot to fish - 08/17/19 10:20 PM

And I hate golf, and not cold enough at home.
Posted By: Madmax0818

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/17/19 10:28 PM

I THOUGHT about going with a friend yesterday but that’s about as far as I got with that idea.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/17/19 10:44 PM

Tha hell with fishing in this heat!
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/17/19 11:00 PM

I thpught seriously about going to the dam this afternoon. Just couldnt bring myself to hook up the boat.
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/17/19 11:21 PM

I been itching to go too, but if I do, it will be at night
Posted By: AC870

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 12:34 AM

I woulda been out there but I had a little eye procedure Thursday and I’m supposed to be taking it easy. I announced I was going. Wife made a big deal I was not. Normally not an issue but I agreed with her today.

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by jwalker77
I thpught seriously about going to the dam this afternoon. Just couldnt bring myself to hook up the boat.

I had a last minute trip planned to go late yesterday afternoon below the dam, but we ended up not going. I fished in MS last Thursday afternoon, Friday and Saturday morning. I was absolutely miserable.
Posted By: Gulfcoast

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 01:40 AM

I like bass, bluegill and trout fishing.... it's just too hot, even to head north for some good trout fishing. Come on October......
Posted By: Drew11

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 02:16 AM

I haven’t been out in like a month... too damn hot. I generally don’t fish in July and August. I’d rather be out there when it’s 30 degrees.
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Drew11
I haven’t been out in like a month... too damn hot. I generally don’t fish in July and August. I’d rather be out there when it’s 30 degrees.

That’s right
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 03:00 AM

I catched me about 30 bloogals last saturdee..i started fishin bout 5pm tho..it widnt too bad atall.. but that dusky time bank fishin is the wayy to go in this heat😀
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 03:05 AM

been yak'ing back creeks, and local pond in the late evening. not all bad. last Sunday (~95ish) a ~4lb Small mouth and ~7-8 lb Cat. and creek wasn't 50' across!
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 03:50 AM

I fished the last 2 afternoons. Air was dry and had a great breeze. I hardly sweated both days felt like high 80's days not 100° by any means. Beautiful weekend for August
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
And I hate golf, and not cold enough at home.

Makes you want to try spear fishing doesn't it.
Posted By: Bigbamaboy

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 04:59 AM

I fished yesterday evening. It was nice out. I found a tight slough that was shaded and fished it till about 7, then went to my favorite spot and fished till dark.

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by CarbonClimber1
I catched me about 30 bloogals last saturdee..i started fishin bout 5pm tho..it widnt too bad atall.. but that dusky time bank fishin is the wayy to go in this heat😀

How deep where they? I love them bluegills.
Posted By: IDOT

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 10:18 PM

It was hotter than a prostitutes cooter out there today
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 10:21 PM

Only way I fish now is wading a fast cold creek.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/18/19 11:49 PM

Ready to see the ground spewed up from a good hard frost.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/19/19 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Stob
Ready to see the ground spewed up from a good hard frost.

Me too!
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/19/19 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbamaboy
Originally Posted by CarbonClimber1

How deep where they? I love them bluegills.

Bout a foot on tha bed...theyll pop up bed on and off all summer..but the bed sizes are usually smaller with less fish. You can find shellcrackers on the bed this time of year better than earlier in the year...you gottah look forem tho this time of year...anwhere from 1ft off the bank to probly a 100ft..want be more than 3-4ft and might not be there but a few days and they will move around sometimes but not far usually...they usually eat better this time of year also and best to fishem when the sun is good and high and theyll hammer a criket,worm,or keystone minner as soon as it hits the water...also if you find one bed theys probly a few more within a 100 yards of you😃
Posted By: Brent

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/19/19 06:36 AM

I’ve been doing pretty well on the bass in this heat.
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/19/19 12:56 PM

I am in a two day tournament this weekend (inshore) and prepared to be miserable grin
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/19/19 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by gundoc
I been itching to go too, but if I do, it will be at night

I went Friday night. Called it quits at 2am. Gar and drum were the only fish we caught. But with the full moon and cooler temps, it was nice just to sit and fish.
Posted By: basspro527

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/19/19 09:44 PM

Warm fo sho!
Posted By: mman

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/20/19 12:58 PM

We went Friday to G'ville and checked out some places I haven't been in a while. I think we only caught 10-12, no real big ones but it was fun. It may be too hot to fish for a long time, but it is never too hot to fish, at least for me.
Posted By: Mike59

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/20/19 07:27 PM

I do my best not to let summer time and summer heat keep me form fishing, I'm not a summer kind of person anymore though,,,since my heart attack it's dangerous for me if I can't get cooled off...I can hack it if there is a breeze blowing but let it be one of those no wind kind of hot summer days, I'll look for a spot that you can see has some wind on it... if I have my cool off kit ( Ice chest filled with ice and a med sized bath towel) I can dip the towel into the ice water throw the towel over my head and it keeps me fishing. If I didn't bring my cool off kit I can't hardly make it unless I can find a shady bank to get on....many times taking a quick boat ride can cool me off,, so I'll do some gunning and running,,,, It doesn't matter if the bass are biting good or not just being out there is what's important to me... If I'm going to kick the bucket any time soon I'd rather be doing something I love than to be sitting back at the house waiting for it...
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/21/19 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mike59
I do my best not to let summer time and summer heat keep me form fishing, I'm not a summer kind of person anymore though,,,since my heart attack it's dangerous for me if I can't get cooled off...I can hack it if there is a breeze blowing but let it be one of those no wind kind of hot summer days, I'll look for a spot that you can see has some wind on it... if I have my cool off kit ( Ice chest filled with ice and a med sized bath towel) I can dip the towel into the ice water throw the towel over my head and it keeps me fishing. If I didn't bring my cool off kit I can't hardly make it unless I can find a shady bank to get on....many times taking a quick boat ride can cool me off,, so I'll do some gunning and running,,,, It doesn't matter if the bass are biting good or not just being out there is what's important to me... If I'm going to kick the bucket any time soon I'd rather be doing something I love than to be sitting back at the house waiting for it...

I been over heated a few times. Twice i was in bad shape. I heard once you get too hot, it ruins your body to where your more easily overheated even years down the road. I dont know for certain. I hear in army one has to wear red ribbon on sleave for medics.

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/21/19 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
I been over heated a few times. Twice i was in bad shape. I heard once you get too hot, it ruins your body to where your more easily overheated even years down the road. I dont know for certain. I hear in army one has to wear red ribbon on sleave for medics.

In my early 20's , I was carted off the 17th green from heat stroke. 40 years later the heat still effects me. That's why it takes me over 4 hours to do lawn work in August.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/21/19 05:30 PM

I still fish 3 or 4 days a week it's just from daylight till 11 or from 6pm till 10-12pm. Fish never quit biting
Posted By: CAL

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/21/19 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Beadlescomb
I still fish 3 or 4 days a week it's just from daylight till 11 or from 6pm till 10-12pm. Fish never quit biting

I hope my son doesn’t read this. I’ve got him convinced that fishing in the heat is no bueno. 😁
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/22/19 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by CAL
Originally Posted by Beadlescomb

I hope my son doesn’t read this. I’ve got him convinced that fishing in the heat is no bueno. 😁

It really opened my eyes to how effective night fishing is. I've caught some big fish and won a bunch of money over the last few months

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/22/19 02:52 AM

Caught a very nice speck at 1130 Saturday before last. It was hot but she didn't care.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/22/19 09:42 PM

Do y’all not jump in the water and cool off? Heck we do.

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/22/19 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by leroycnbucks

Um, no.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/23/19 01:58 AM

Me and the kids have done that at inland a few times, nowhere else. Inland is pretty clean.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/23/19 02:44 AM

Um, no.

It’s Keto approved. grin

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/23/19 01:09 PM

Um, no.

It’s Keto approved. grin

It might be on most bodies of water but there’s too much grass floating around in Guntersville. There’s carbs in grass. LOL

Water temp is 91. Ain’t much cooking there
Posted By: gman

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/24/19 08:36 PM

Water was coooooooollllll below smith lake dam this am. Crazy how i had sweat dripping off my nose while both legs were nearly numb mid-thigh down!

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/24/19 09:13 PM

North wind early made it manageable.
About 1000, breeze stopped and cloud cover disappeared. It got hot quick.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/24/19 09:39 PM

If you can stand it, cause it's kinda weird. Up above the dam get in the water on a sandy bank and swim under the mats and grab small mussels off the bottom and throw them in the boat. When crawl back I'm put them in a bucket with a little water. They make fantastic catfish bait above the dam.

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/24/19 10:21 PM

I loaded everything up. Put boat in water. Wouldnt crank and run good. Loade back up and retreated. Its never given me trouble before. Now i gotta diagnose and repair it tonight or asap.
Atleast it happened at dittos ramp instead of out on the river 10 miles away.

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/26/19 01:52 PM

I was hoping to go Sunday. But The Boss said something about this being our 24th anniversary.

Re: Too hot to fish - 08/26/19 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by TexasNative
I was hoping to go Sunday. But The Boss said something about this being our 24th anniversary.

Sometimes you gotta get your priorities straight. 🤣

Re: Too hot to fish - 09/02/19 01:27 PM

I didn't want to play with the wakeboats and jet fleas, so I went creek fishing on Saturday. Using cut bait, I caught and released a nice bunch of channel cats. Nice to just sit on the bank, in the shade, and just fish.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Too hot to fish - 09/02/19 01:30 PM

The boys caught a few out of the canoe on the Cahaba yesterday. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Too hot to fish - 09/03/19 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards
The boys caught a few out of the canoe on the Cahaba yesterday. [Linked Image]

That looks like a fun day ^^^^^

Re: Too hot to fish - 09/03/19 03:04 AM

It was pretty hot today to me. And all weekend.

We hit tenn river this evening. Way down river on wheeler. Used a backroad ramp in the sticks. Saw the law patrolling the ramp and back roads in morgan county. Saw the marine police boat posted up in the channel across from ditto landings harbor. Lots of tubers and jet fleas about. Few fishermen too. We launched at johnsons landing and test run a little mariner 15hp on my 14/48. Its an 80s motor with about 10hrs on it. She might hit 10mph lol. Its my backup. Backup is goin bye bye asap! I love havin the river here. Man at the acres to fish!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM