Aldeer.com

Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday

Posted By: Peach

Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/10/19 04:46 PM

Tarpon fishing was insane yesterday. There were many times throughout the day that 10 - 20 or more tarpon were hooked up. I ended up catching four. Hope this storm doesn't muddy things up.
Posted By: CAM

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/10/19 05:46 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/10/19 08:10 PM

Congrats man sounds fun.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/10/19 09:05 PM

Hopefully they are there next week
Posted By: birdcarver

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/10/19 09:39 PM

Pics or it did not happen gun

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/10/19 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!
Hopefully they are there next week

Next week should be good as long as this storm doesn't muddy the water. There probably wont be as many large schools coming by, but lots of small hungry pods. I'll definitely be there.
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/10/19 11:23 PM

10-20 at one time is crazy. WOW!!

I'm in GS now hoping it's good beginning Sunday
Posted By: AC870

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/10/19 11:46 PM

Peach’s Pics:

[Linked Image]

Peach on the left and a friend on the right fighting tarpon on both sides of the pier.

[Linked Image]

90-lber
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/11/19 12:22 AM

Nice!! thumbup Congrats
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/11/19 12:25 AM

I’m gonna have to hit up the pier next time I’m down there. Never given it much thought, but all your threads have made me second guess it. Are you allowed to fish with a boat or kayak near the pier?
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/11/19 12:26 AM

How do you get em up on the pier, a rope gaff?
Posted By: duxlayer

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/11/19 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by jlbuc10
I’m gonna have to hit up the pier next time I’m down there. Never given it much thought, but all your threads have made me second guess it. Are you allowed to fish with a boat or kayak near the pier?

I wouldn’t lol
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/11/19 02:49 AM

JLBUC, evidently you haven't spent any time pier fishing. When ANY boat gets inside cast distance the folks on the pier start throwing 1 oz or bigger lead at them. Sasq, nobody kills Tarpons if possible.
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/11/19 02:57 AM

So couple of questions. What y’all catching em on? Second, when the fight is over and they are pier side, what do you do then? Just break em off?

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/11/19 02:58 AM

Gonna hafta get me one of them 9 foots rods before next summer....
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/11/19 03:38 PM

Nice job Peach. AC870, those are not your standard "off the shelf rods" just in case you were thinking you could just pick one up. Peach, glad to see Kevin is back on his feet and back at it with you. Hope this storm doesnt mess it up for you guys while they are here.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/11/19 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by perchjerker
JLBUC, evidently you haven't spent any time pier fishing. When ANY boat gets inside cast distance the folks on the pier start throwing 1 oz or bigger lead at them. Sasq, nobody kills Tarpons if possible.

I saw a fella throw a big pyramid sinker THRU the hull of a 40 foot sport fisherman one day when he came around for a second pass.... would of killed someone if it had hit em.

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/11/19 04:08 PM

It’s poor form for anglers in boats to interfere with bank bound anglers. It happens to my nephew all the time. He’s a good fisherman, especially around bridges. Guys in boats see him start landing good fish and they soon encroach. He picks up chunks of riprap and starts throwing it.

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/11/19 08:26 PM

Boats are supposed to stay 300ft. from the pier. You are allowed to keep one tarpon per year if you purchase a tag. (really no need in doing it). We pull them up to the pier and break them off. Abolt300, Trying to keep Kevin healthy enough to fish has been a chore this season.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/11/19 09:14 PM

He's definitely had a rough go of it in 2019. You need to get him to get some of that extra weight off. That'll help a bunch with his recent ailments. How many have y'all caught in total so far?
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/11/19 11:39 PM

Man that is awesome!

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/12/19 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by abolt300
He's definitely had a rough go of it in 2019. You need to get him to get some of that extra weight off. That'll help a bunch with his recent ailments. How many have y'all caught in total so far?

I have caught 15 and kevin has caught 2. He has only been able to go a few times.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/13/19 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred

I saw a fella throw a big pyramid sinker THRU the hull of a 40 foot sport fisherman one day when he came around for a second pass.... would of killed someone if it had hit em.

I stay well away from the pier while kayak fishing out of respect but i have had times while catching bait or something and not looking at the pier that the wind blew me sort of close, 350 or 400 yards. If i did however get so caught up in what i was doing that i got blown within casting distance and one of those a holes hit me or my kayak with a weight and didn’t kill me, i would pedal up to the base of the pier, pull my yak on the beach, pay the fee and walk out to the end and beat that person half to death.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Epic tarpon day at Okaloosa Island Pier Yesterday - 07/13/19 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by tfd1224
Originally Posted by BhamFred

I stay well away from the pier while kayak fishing out of respect but i have had times while catching bait or something and not looking at the pier that the wind blew me sort of close, 350 or 400 yards. If i did however get so caught up in what i was doing that i got blown within casting distance and one of those a holes hit me or my kayak with a weight and didn’t kill me, i would pedal up to the base of the pier, pull my yak on the beach, pay the fee and walk out to the end and beat that person half to death.

beat them half to death twice!!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM