Aldeer.com

Gville bassmasters

Posted By: bowtarist

Gville bassmasters - 06/24/19 03:44 PM

Idk about yall, but with all the big dawgs moving to mlf, bassmasters just isn't as enjoyable to watch. I went and watched them weigh in Saturday and I only recognized 3 names. There didnt seem to be as many people there spectating either.
Posted By: Be_Cam

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/24/19 03:52 PM

Thought I taught you how to catch crappie?? Not chase them ditch pickles! laugh

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/24/19 03:55 PM

Wellllll, my boy likes it. We fished a little tournament among friends Saturday and we won. I dont think I've ever seen him that excited.
Posted By: Be_Cam

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/24/19 04:01 PM

Well, That’s what it’s all about. Glad you got him out Brent! thumbup
Posted By: klay

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/24/19 04:31 PM

I agree. I knew 2 people. Haven't kept up with either group since they split. Ruined it to ne.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/24/19 04:34 PM

I know a handful of guys but only because I've known them for 20 years. At least half, I don't know personally or barely have heard of.

I started to go Saturday but chilled out around the house. Sunday, I thought the weather would be snotty and didn't want to get caught at G'Pond in a storm.

Today? Monday? A workday? How many people do y'all think they'll have show up for the weigh-in? More people probably will watch on the internet than show up. I almost want to drive up for the final weigh-in just to see the number of people.

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/24/19 04:35 PM

[Linked Image]

Here's a pic.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/24/19 04:36 PM

I saw on the news that a kid drowned in gville Saturday and one of the guys in the bass masters tournament found the kid with his sonar...
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/24/19 04:38 PM

Future basser
Posted By: top cat

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/24/19 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by oldandwise
Future basser

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/24/19 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!
I saw on the news that a kid drowned in gville Saturday and one of the guys in the bass masters tournament found the kid with his sonar...

That would suck. I wouldnt want to see a body myself and I sure wouldnt want my kids to see it.
Posted By: klay

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/24/19 06:35 PM

Part if this is true. Bass master guy didn't find him. I know who did pretty well though.
Posted By: CD

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/24/19 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by klay

Part if this is true. Bass master guy didn't find him. I know who did pretty well though.

Dang! I’m guessing he was helping with the recovery effort?

I helped direct traffic at the launch on the first day of the tournament. Every one of the guys that trailered to the ramp passed by me. There were several that I had heard of before but only a handful that I would’ve considered “well known”. The faces of BASS have certainly changed.

Nice fish, Brent! You need to watch Seth Feider on YouTube if you don’t already. That guy is a hoot. I talked to him briefly before he launched.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/25/19 12:04 PM

I don't know any of those guys anymore of if they are any good. Back in the day they used to have some BASS guys come fish the Marks tournament on Lay and us locals would usually kick their butts. I remember they had one loudmouth BASS guy most of us know who was helping work the weighin and was heckling guys with small bags. My partner took our bag up and heckled him back cause we had a lot more weight than he did. Ha Ha loved it.
Posted By: JBL

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/25/19 02:23 PM

I went over there Sat and with the big names gone it wasnt as enjoyable. I only saw a couple people I knew a few like Jay Yelas, Rick Clunn, and David Fritts. Other than that I didn't recognize anyone.
Posted By: Sandmtnslayer

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/27/19 10:57 AM

Ur a terrible fisherman woodcock
Posted By: bobwallace

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/27/19 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sandmtnslayer

Makes sense
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/27/19 01:32 PM

huh?

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/27/19 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Beadlescomb

huh?

It's one of them lurkers that never posts. I think he has a man bun to.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/27/19 03:28 PM

Bowtarist how much did that minner weigh? grin Did you or your son catch it? He is clearly thrilled, congrats.

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/27/19 03:45 PM

U can bet the kid caught it I've saw him in action to many times. Falls out of the boat . Tries to take over the front deck just to name a few things he's does

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/27/19 03:48 PM

Here is his favorite line. Lip it man it's a giant
Posted By: Clem

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/27/19 04:46 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/27/19 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by perchjerker
Bowtarist how much did that minner weigh? grin Did you or your son catch it? He is clearly thrilled, congrats.

4lb 13oz. And I caught it. He caught more than I did tho.

Re: Gville bassmasters - 06/28/19 12:45 AM

Bait
© 2024 ALDEER.COM