Aldeer.com

Willow Flies Guntersville

Posted By: klay

Willow Flies Guntersville - 06/22/19 03:14 PM

Any of you guntersville people know where a fresh batch are? I know some hatched out about 4 days ago, they were covering my uncle's house. Just don't know where they are on the lake. My kids want to fish this afternoon and they've never seen a hatch before.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Willow Flies Guntersville - 06/22/19 03:57 PM

No idee. I've seen them on boat docks before but it's been a long time since I've seen the trees and such hanging full. If you find some, let me know where. I'll take my son tomorrow afternoon. Don't forget the safety glasses.
Posted By: gbee

Re: Willow Flies Guntersville - 06/22/19 04:35 PM

Just a few miles up river on Nickajack lake they are hatching. Seen a few million yesterday afternoon at Shellmound boat ramp. LOL.....

Re: Willow Flies Guntersville - 06/22/19 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
No idee. I've seen them on boat docks before but it's been a long time since I've seen the trees and such hanging full. If you find some, let me know where. I'll take my son tomorrow afternoon. Don't forget the safety glasses.

When I was a kid, you could find them everywhere. We're taking a pontoon that's a little faster than the speed of smell, so I won't be doing much traveling to look.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Willow Flies Guntersville - 06/22/19 07:15 PM

I don't know if they still hatch there but there used to be clouds of them between the main river bridge and Guntersville Yacht Club. They were right along close to the old ranger station or whatever it was on the Buck Island side of the river. I used to catfish not very far from there and we would pull up close to the bank and catch a mess of bream for bait first.
They were so thick in there that you could cast to the bushes and stir up the flies and then the bream would almost look like feeding catfish in a pond.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Willow Flies Guntersville - 06/22/19 07:49 PM

They wer all over the city yesterday i but there was 10k under our lights at the connors island shop.. I bet they all over boat houses around town.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Willow Flies Guntersville - 06/22/19 07:50 PM

I wish id seen this yesterday i coulda got a walmart sac full for you

Re: Willow Flies Guntersville - 06/22/19 07:59 PM

Looks like we're going to get rained out.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM