Aldeer.com

Piddlers never get too old...

Posted By: jb20

Piddlers never get too old... - 06/20/19 12:54 AM

[img]http://[img]https://i.postimg.cc/Z9j26npj/20190619-153543.jpg[/img][/img] nursing home down road stopped by...first thing said from lady in charge was "your granddaddy didn't tell u we was coming did he?" I lol said nope I was wondering what was happening but it's all good...they had a blast catching lil bream and bass on minnows..i really felt sorry for a couple younger guys looked to be in 30s no clue why they'd be in a nursing home
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/20/19 01:05 AM

That’s awesome! I’d love to do that for some folks once we get our pond established. We’re the 30 somethings there to accompany their loved ones? Or maybe mentally disabled?

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/20/19 01:27 AM

Jlbuc naw they were in wheelchairs...it was just surprising that they didn't have family to stay with...i didnt get to talk with them much cuz I was trying to help an older lady that had been there 20 years catch something, she hadn't got one in yet so I went n got my rod and i finally got her a bass on the line to real in...and she was stoked she was a burn victim not sure where her family was either
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/20/19 01:34 AM

Man that’s really cool thumbup I’m sure it made their day.
Posted By: inatree

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/20/19 01:37 AM

When I first got laid off a few years ago I took a job as maintenance director at one of those places. It was tough seeing some of those people. Nobody came to see a bunch of them and that's what pissed me off. They have families and don't deserve to be just dumped off and forgot about. I couldn't deal with how some of the patients were treated and I spoke my peace and turned in my notice.

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/20/19 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by inatree
When I first got laid off a few years ago I took a job as maintenance director at one of those places. It was tough seeing some of those people. Nobody came to see a bunch of them and that's what pissed me off. They have families and don't deserve to be just dumped off and forgot about. I couldn't deal with how some of the patients were treated and I spoke my peace and turned in my notice.

Ya I go by there everyday on a tractor and see one young guy out by the road in is wheel chair and i wave..im gonna make it a point to get to know him a lil..i can't imagine going there and not living life like it should be..if they'll let me I'm gonna get him once a month during good weather to fish..he was bringing in sum good bream and I knew that was prob the most fun he had since he been there
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/20/19 03:25 AM

Good on you for allowing them a good time thumbup
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/20/19 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by inatree

I work in a similar place it amazes me the lack of support from most of the families one guy had over 12 children. Not one ever came to visit except for the standard obligatory holidays like Christmas or thanksgiving. Also makes you wonder what kind of person they were when they were younger for their own children to care so little about them. you never know. we had one guy die his daughter had not visited in over 5 years probably longer I was there 5 years and she never came until the month he was on hospice waiting to die she had the funeral home roll the body out never even mentioned he died,never gave a vacate notice, didnt turned in keys or even run an obituary or have a funeral. It was like he just vanished into thin air. she emptied the bank accounts cashed the last SS check and took his car never to be seen again. he seemed like a nice guy but maybe he was a huge ahole back in the day or maybe she is just a huge POS who knows.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/20/19 11:25 AM

This is interesting.
Good deed letting em fish for sure.
Posted By: CAM

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/20/19 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by AC870

This is interesting.
Good deed letting em fish for sure.

thumbup
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/20/19 06:49 PM

Old lady living down the road never had any family come visit her. Used to talk to her when we would walk around the neighborhood. Never any extra cars in her driveway during holidays, etc. Then she passed away and there were four carloads of family over there fighting and cussing over who got her stuff. Scumbags me want to puke.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/20/19 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dkhargroves
Good on you for allowing them a good time thumbup

Indeed
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/20/19 10:06 PM

Good on you. That's awesome.
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/21/19 02:36 AM

That is awesome I am sure you made a lot of those people’s day.
Posted By: jacannon

Re: Piddlers never get too old... - 06/21/19 09:13 PM

When you see those folks ,just remember that could be you someday.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM