Aldeer.com

More Kayak Fishing...

Posted By: treemydog

More Kayak Fishing... - 06/19/19 01:49 AM

Except this time in freshwater. Me and a pal ran an 8-mile stretch of the Tallapoosa Monday below Tallassee. Paddled up to the falls, hoping to snag a stripe early, but didn't get any hits. The rest of the day went well though. I was fishing mostly with beetlespins, and caught my 50th fish right at our take out. Mostly bream, but did manage to catch a few hard fighting spots that would have weighed just over a pound. Plenty of fun on ultralight tackle. And just to let you know, a three pound hybrid will 'drag' out a lot of line on that same lightweight stuff! One of the fun things about river fishing... you never know what's going to bite.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: BCLC

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/19/19 01:58 AM

Those are some cool photos. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/19/19 02:22 AM

Awesome! I’ve got a bad hankering to do exactly what you did! Great pics.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/19/19 10:09 AM

That's good stuff man.
Posted By: AC870

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/19/19 12:02 PM

Beautiful!
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/19/19 12:20 PM

That's it...I'm floating a creek this weekend.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/19/19 02:25 PM

Nice trip! I love fishing with ultra light stuff. I been fishin for over 30 years and i always go back to pan fishing. Not knowing what you have is most of the fun.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/19/19 04:02 PM

Looks like a lot of fun!
Posted By: JDR4Bama

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/19/19 05:44 PM

I sure miss kayak fishing in the river.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/19/19 07:39 PM

That second picture is beautiful.
Posted By: birdcarver

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/20/19 12:11 AM

Awesome, The river at lock 15 is covered in a trillion willow flies and bream are on all the banks
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/20/19 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by tbest3

Sure is! treemydog you ought to print that one out and put it in a frame. thumbup

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/20/19 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by leroycnbucks
Originally Posted by tbest3

Sure is! treemydog you ought to print that one out and put it in a frame. thumbup

May have to look into that...
Posted By: AUstan23

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/20/19 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by AC870

Beautiful!
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/20/19 03:39 PM

Hey bud, did you catch any redeyes or yellow
perch.

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/20/19 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Gotcha1
Hey bud, did you catch any redeyes or yellow
perch.

Didn't catch any of those.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/20/19 05:06 PM

the "look" of kayak fishing is so appealing to me ... the reality was less so - hardest i've ever worked to catch fish in my life ... i admire you guys that do it, tho - & i can see the benefit in it (for certain situations) -- for an old man, i'd rather have a skinny *ss jon boat LOL ... granted, the kayak i went out on was not a "fishing" kayak - it was only a 10' - and every time i cast, it would turn on me - which got old quick ...

Originally Posted by treemydog
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stob

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/20/19 05:16 PM

My favorite type of fishing.

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/20/19 06:25 PM

BGD: Being minimalistic and still catching fish is one of the cool things about it. It's almost like stealing a good time. No noise, fumes, bad motors, broken trailer lights, wheel bearings, yearly registration.... all are hassles I don't want to deal with. Sure it's more work, and in certain situations its impractical, but I don't mind catching a ton of small fish on ultralight gear (or Spanish on gotchas a quarter mile past the breakers) and my doc told me I needed more cardio anyway, so I'm killing two birds with one paddle.

Also, you hit on another important part of it. The make and model of what's under you makes a huge difference with respect to paddling efficiency, comfort, and how much extra movement you have to deal with when in current or working a big bladed spinnerbait. All kayaks are not designed equally.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/20/19 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by treemydog
.... Also, you hit on another important part of it. The make and model of what's under you makes a huge difference with respect to paddling efficiency, comfort, and how much extra movement you have to deal with when in current or working a big bladed spinnerbait. All kayaks are not designed equally.

^^^ yup! i figured that out quickly; my buddy had a 14' Jackson "fishing" kayak & i could tell he wasn't having nearly the issues i was that day ...
Posted By: One Leg Dan

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/20/19 07:51 PM

Where are you putting in at and pulling out of? Behind AES or.lower?

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/20/19 08:05 PM

Put in at the ramp behind AES, and we take out at the hwy 229 bridge.
Posted By: CAM

Re: More Kayak Fishing... - 06/21/19 09:55 AM

beers thumbup
© 2024 ALDEER.COM