Aldeer.com

Buying a brand new boat

Posted By: BULLY

Buying a brand new boat - 06/10/19 11:37 PM

Guys I haven't posted in a while and back when I did, I kinda poked the bear, so of speak, but I'm looking to buy a brand new boat. I've owned several, from a 88 model venture to a tracker 17' to a 90 something 20 ft hydra-sport. Looking to buy a new boat with a 250 hp. Right now looking at a nitro cause for the $$ more boat for the $$. It will be loaded whatever I buy, electronics, trolling motor and Max hp. What and where y'all suggest to buying?
Posted By: bama1971

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/10/19 11:42 PM

I thought Nitro was a bass pro exclusive brand, if so, I suggest there

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/10/19 11:46 PM

Apparently some dealerships can sell them cause duckett sells them also.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/10/19 11:49 PM

I would consider a Triton 20 patriot with a power pole and 2 hummingbirds. Go see Ryan or gene at Airport Marine. They have the best service department in the state

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/10/19 11:49 PM

Nice. I’ve always loved looking at bass boats, but never owned one personally. My dad always had us one growing up.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 12:12 AM

I love skeeters...always have...ive been on several an i do lovem...they are expensive tho..i have personally always thought nitros wer among the sharpest and most economical boats on the water..i have never run one but i likem. As for where...id bet bass pro has more promotional deals an such...or at least that makes sense to me....ive also never had anything nicer than a 1989 stratos 201pro...it was hideous...but as the operator of that motorized floaty machine....it caught fish awwtim

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 12:14 AM

10 to 13k more for a Triton. Probably the best all around boat I've owned was a late 80s to early 90s bass hawk.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 12:18 AM

Gonna be fishing big g and coosa from mitchell up to neely. Prbly
Posted By: top cat

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 12:18 AM

Bass Cat

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 12:23 AM

I would like to spend 75k to 90k for a new boat, but I'm a poor azz railroader.
Posted By: Madmax0818

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 12:26 AM

Too many good deals on used boats to think about new. You can get so much more in a slightly used one for a lot cheaper

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 12:54 AM

Man ,I've went thru the getting a good deal about buying used and I've got burned more times than not. Got a couple good deals but few and far between. This will be the last boat I will buy.
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 01:14 AM

Go get a Phoenix you will be more than happy with it.

BULLY, my dad owned a bass hawk in the 80's with a 150 evinrude and I've heard him talk about that boat my whole life and how much he loved it. The only reason he got rid of it was because I was born in 1990 and he wanted to upgrade to something bigger with more room for me to run around on and got a stratos 201 pro.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 01:20 AM

That's one boat that I haven't went and looked at. I've seen a bunch on the road and all. Seems like I had the bass hawk 181 or something like that with a xr6 and the best boat Ive ever owned. Numbers may not be exact.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 01:32 AM

How bout the 250 proxs 4 stroke??
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by BULLY
How bout the 250 proxs 4 stroke??

Can't give you any sort of advice on that motor other than what I've heard which has all been good. I'm currently on the waiting list for a 250 pro xs 4 stroke since my 250 pro xs 2 stroke dropped a cylinder back in march and a new powerhead is 12 months out with only 1 year of warranty and I could spend 4k more and get a whole new motor. The crazy thing is anybody can go buy a brand new boat tomorrow with the new 4 stroke on it but if you just wanna repower your looking at 1-2 years waiting for just a motor unless you get extremely lucky.
Posted By: klay

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 01:56 AM

If you go with Nitro, or any tracker brand, buy from a dealer with a good service department that is somewhat local to you. Duckett marine, Florence marine center, someone like that. Tracker sets their prices. They'll be basically the same anywhere you go, so get it from someone that actually knows something about boats.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 02:57 AM

Appreciate all the advice.
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 03:10 AM

If I had my choice and was buying new I would look into a Blazer always wanted one. Just never ran across a used one when I was in the market.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 03:32 AM

I am about to sell my 2017 Triton. 250 pro xs, helix 10s let me know if you decide to consider used. It jas been a great boat with 0 issues
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ben2
I am about to sell my 2017 Triton. 250 pro xs, helix 10s let me know if you decide to consider used. It jas been a great boat with 0 issues

Ben are you buying another Triton?

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 03:54 AM

Ben appreciate it. What's really sad is the price on a new boat is more than what the house and property I was raised on. A stone foundation house on 10 acres.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 12:05 PM

what about one of those boats they are building in clanton?

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 01:45 PM

Is that the thunderhawk?
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 02:07 PM

I understand your concern about buying used, but at least see what Duck River Marine in Columbia, TN has to offer. They warranty their motors and do a heck of a job on refurbishing boats before selling. You will get more bang for your buck.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 02:10 PM

Is that the thunderhawk?

yeah they look like nice boats and i think they are pretty affordable

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by TexasNative
I understand your concern about buying used, but at least see what Duck River Marine in Columbia, TN has to offer. They warranty their motors and do a heck of a job on refurbishing boats before selling. You will get more bang for your buck.

dang, they do have some nice stuff on their site, good prices too.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 02:35 PM

I'll check them out. Appreciate it.
Posted By: daylate

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 03:26 PM

Swing for the fence and get a new Ranger Comanche. They start at 80k. I know because I looked into buying one...briefly.
Posted By: 1955Retiree

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by top cat
Bass Cat

This

IMHO this is the best boat made. Ranger, Triton, etc are good , but Bass Cat are a step above. Also, their warranty and customer service are second to none.
They ride great, are fast and hold their value as good or better than any boat out there. If you don't believe me take a test ride. That is all it will take.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 04:11 PM

Yea only thing with ranger is they ain't got a crapper, cause if I paid 90-100k for a boat I'd have to live in it..

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 04:14 PM

Any of y'all or know someone who has bought a boat from bass pro shop? Good and bad?

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 04:17 PM

Any of y'all or know someone who has bought a boat from bass pro shop? Good and bad?

id find a dealer like l&l marine in northport that sells nitro and buy from them. id rather be able to shake hands with the owner than buy from sales person at a big retail store

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 04:28 PM

Yea that was what I was thinking. I've been looking around and on the nitro everyplace Ive been to they don't wanna jew much. Only thing I can really save on is the accessories. Whatever I get is gonna have 2 helix 10s on front and console ,2 power poles, and spot lock.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 04:57 PM

Power poles or talons?

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 05:09 PM

Power poles or talons?

always made sense to me if you are going to have Humminbirds and MinnKota, might as well have talons.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 05:30 PM

Yea only thing with ranger is they ain't got a crapper, cause if I paid 90-100k for a boat I'd have to live in it..

Allison Bassport is your huckleberry....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by hunterbuck

[Linked Image]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lol

I saw one Saturday on Neely with a 4 stroke 250 Yamaha. NICE!
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 06:30 PM

No serious bassfisherman would buy an Allison. How many Pros fo you see running one?

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by perchjerker
No serious bassfisherman would buy an Allison. How many Pros fo you see running one?

Allison doesn't pay tournament rewards for winning tournaments or being a top finisher in tournaments.

THAT'S the reason you don't see pros running them. Plain and simple.

Follow the money, perch.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 06:39 PM

Nope, there are Pros that aren't getting paid because they don't win enough or place regularly. Nobody runs one because a tournament fisherman can't come off the water when its rough. Light boats are not made for rough water, they'd beat a guy to death.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 06:56 PM

Nope, there are Pros that aren't getting paid because they don't win enough or place regularly. Nobody runs one because a tournament fisherman can't come off the water when its rough. Light boats are not made for rough water, they'd beat a guy to death.

So, they're willing to just forfeit $5-10K if by chance they happen to win a tournament?

Nope...I don't believe you.

Sponsorship money is a big deal for professional bass fishermen. Allison just doesn't pay it.

If you haven't ridden in rough water in an Allison Bassport, you're simply speaking from a position of ignorance. Do an internet search, and see for yourself. I've ridden in two different ones, in rough water, and their superior design for handling rough water is second to none.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 07:03 PM

So, they're willing to just forfeit $5-10K if by chance they happen to win a tournament?

Sponsorship money is a big deal for professional bass fishermen. Allison just doesn't pay it.

If you haven't ridden in rough water in an Allison Bassport, you're simply speaking from a position of ignorance. Do an internet search, and see for yourself. I've ridden in two different ones, in rough water, and their superior design for handling rough water is second to none.

every allison ive seen is just ugly as all hell
Posted By: BPI

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 07:09 PM

Skeeter or Ranger with BassCat in 3rd.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 07:22 PM

The best rough water hull is a Big-O, designed on an offshore hull for Lake Okeechobee. They are expensive too and you never see them on the Pro Trail. Allisons have never been anything but a speed boat. never a serious bassboat.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 07:27 PM

my buddy just got an older basscat sabre and im super impressed with the boat. the livewells are enormous

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 07:30 PM

The best rough water hull is a Big-O, designed on an offshore hull for Lake Okeechobee. They are expensive too and you never see them on the Pro Trail. Allisons have never been anything but a speed boat. never a serious bassboat.

Grant Goldbeck used one in 2014 on the Bassmaster Elite series as a test...here are his comments....

"Grant Goldbeck. "...The Bassmaster Elites are a different bird. Its expensive really expensive that’s why pros get team boat deals...its a necessity...when I drove the project boat (Allison Bassport Pro Elite) in the 2014 Elites. It was to test its fuel efficiency, its rough water ride as we experience in the Elites and to expose its fish-a-bility. That boat was amazing. Allison didn't sponsor me it was a partnership by several of us. We ran that hull with only a Yamaha SHO 225...lol Elite pros are running 250's for a reason (speed) Yep they can stay up with the next guy. Most of the field was running 67 to 73 mph loaded two guys’ true speeds. Yes a few are running faster. But the truth of it is with a 4-stroke stock 225. We ran over 80 and were clearly the fastest Bassmaster Elite boat. And if we hit chop we out ran the field even more. I have fished /ran/ teamed out many boats. I have fished Basscat (great boat, great family); I have fished Skeeter FXs (great boat good company). The Allison Bassport isn't for guys really wanting to go fast lol...they have much faster boats. This boat was to take competitive challenges pro anglers experience and make their lives easier like 10,000.00 in fuel costs. Now cut those costs in 1/2. I would say 5,000.00 are a huge savings per month (A four hundred dollar monthly payback? Someone check my math lol). Can you imagine a boat company giving you back each month 4 or 500.00. Fishability in the Bassport shocked me honestly, it stable (great for fishing heavy cover pitchn flipping) and when you hit the trolling more you were in and out twice as fast other boats. Burn down the bank in the Bassport was almost funny. I would pass guys ON THE TROLLING MOTOR covering water. There were several very well known pros (I wont mention names for many reasons) that asked me in person if Allison had a factory deal. I could have put 10 Elites in a Bassport the first month. I know Allison sells their boats and doesn't give away the farm or have a ton of profit. I know for a fact their boats are built better. The project is done. I decided to buy a Bassport with my own $$$. That should say enough. I own a Allison Boats because of what I experienced in one season on the Elites in an Allison Bassport." - Grant Goldbeck"

But hey...perchjerker knows it all....

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 07:42 PM

It's clear you are a moron. One freaking guy and who is he? Nobody knows that goofball. Clearly he is a morons hero!

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 07:43 PM

It's clear you are a moron. One freaking guy and who is he? Nobody knows that goofball. Clearly he is a morons hero!

He is someone who makes money as a professional bass fisherman.

Who are you, and why is your opinion better than his? What are your career winnings? rofl

You can stop with the childish namecalling too. I'm not going to kiss your ass like some others do here. Not sure what you think gives you the right to be a complete ass to folks you disagree with.
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 08:31 PM

There will never be a lot of these out there because they are made in limited numbers. It is really shocking to see the numbers of "die hard brand" guys that have switched over to Allison. There were several on the TX trail my son fished when he was still in high school. They are more popular than what most people give them credit for. Excellent boats.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 09:36 PM

[Linked Image]

First one I've seen with built in toilet 🤣🤣
Posted By: BPI

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 09:58 PM

No one can argue that Allison has the fastest hull on a bass boat. Don't doubt they are very fishable at all.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/11/19 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Drake322

There will never be a lot of these out there because they are made in limited numbers. It is really shocking to see the numbers of "die hard brand" guys that have switched over to Allison. There were several on the TX trail my son fished when he was still in high school. They are more popular than what most people give them credit for. Excellent boats.

Correct. 100% hand built and hand laid. No chopper guns or other such that mass-producers use to cut corners. Fit and finish are second to none, as is their ability to hold up and hold value.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/12/19 01:25 AM

Hell naw. Went and got a price on a new z20. Base price was 43k and change, so I thought well by the time I added what I wanted, won't be a whole lot more. 4 helixs 10, spot lock tm, 2 power poles, deck lighting. After that added and so called dealer fees shipping and bulldoodoo like that, 68k and change.. K

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/12/19 01:45 AM

Hell naw. Went and got a price on a new z20. Base price was 43k and change, so I thought well by the time I added what I wanted, won't be a whole lot more. 4 helixs 10, spot lock tm, 2 power poles, deck lighting. After that added and so called dealer fees shipping and bulldoodoo like that, 68k and change.. K

Cheaper than I figured it would be with all that

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/12/19 02:11 AM

2 helix 12 will do the work of 4 helix 10s
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/12/19 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by top cat
Bass Cat

This or a Skeeter.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/12/19 02:44 AM

And then there's this...

http://www.tndeer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=375011

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/12/19 02:56 AM

I thought bout 2 of the 12s but I was gonna run one mapping and the other structure scan cause my eyesight ain't like it used to be. And I got to thinking, i could wrap both truck and boat with a moving companys logo and such for jus a small fee. Lol.

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/12/19 03:35 AM

I thought bout 2 of the 12s but I was gonna run one mapping and the other structure scan cause my eyesight ain't like it used to be. And I got to thinking, i could wrap both truck and boat with a moving companys logo and such for jus a small fee. Lol.

I will gladly provide you logos like on my boat but I will never wrap another boat. When I wrapped mine other fishermen cut me off and acted pissed at me all the time. It really opened my eyes up to what pros have to deal with. I have a boat with 2 10s and a panoptics, spot lock, 1 power pole and Motivated Movers logos all can be yours for about $20,000 less than that Nitro you priced. It is also a proven fish catching machine with good mojo
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/12/19 03:51 AM

[Linked Image]

hmm.. I could use that as the pleasure boaters pass by

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/12/19 04:28 AM

How do you like the panoptics? Does water clarity make a difference?

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/12/19 12:41 PM

How do you like the panoptics? Does water clarity make a difference?

No clarity does not make a difference imo
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/13/19 12:43 AM

Man those allisons are ugly. Look like something you would see on a kids ride at the state fair.
Posted By: mman

Re: Buying a brand new boat - 06/13/19 10:53 AM

[Linked Image]

Reminds me of the story told by Troy Jens and his sudden urge to go, a livewell, and a game warden. Does anyone know how he passed away???

As far as boats, several years ago, I bought a couple year old Ranger for about 60% of what a new one cost. The price of new boats today is out of control...but I guess they are selling them, so someone is buying.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM