Aldeer.com

Any Bowfishing experts here?

Posted By: Powpow65

Any Bowfishing experts here? - 05/25/19 06:09 AM

By expert I mean if you have been once then you have more experience than I do. Gonna give it a try and looking for any advice I can get. Especially stuff like what type areas of the lakes rivers and creeks you target? I'm close to Mitchell, Jordan and Hatchet Creek so any experience with these would also be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Any Bowfishing experts here? - 05/25/19 12:32 PM

shallow weedy areas. the carp spawned about 3 or 4 weeks ago but they can still be found in the shallows.

Re: Any Bowfishing experts here? - 05/25/19 06:53 PM

Ok thanks gonna try it out tonight
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Any Bowfishing experts here? - 05/25/19 07:09 PM

make sure you post pics of the results POWPOW.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Any Bowfishing experts here? - 05/25/19 07:38 PM

aim low and if they are swimming dont stop swinging on them. imagine shooting a dove with a shotgun
Posted By: Hayzeus

Re: Any Bowfishing experts here? - 05/25/19 07:56 PM

Bass are easy to shoot with a bownarow
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Any Bowfishing experts here? - 05/26/19 04:35 AM

I shot fish in the daylight everyday...good pair of polarized sunglasses an thowdown...you aint gotta do it at night as id rather shoot fish when the sun is high an your glasses are most effective.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Any Bowfishing experts here? - 05/28/19 01:24 PM

Are you shooting out of a boat or will you be wading/bank walking? I've been bowfishing the coosa/elmore/montgomery area for about 12 years now. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you some pointers, but I won't tell you my spots grin

Re: Any Bowfishing experts here? - 05/28/19 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Coosa1
Are you shooting out of a boat or will you be wading/bank walking? I've been bowfishing the coosa/elmore/montgomery area for about 12 years now. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you some pointers, but I won't tell you my spots grin

Boat, I don't need GPS coordinates just detailed directions

Re: Any Bowfishing experts here? - 06/02/19 03:26 PM

Well I found a good spot last night. Stuck a big ole carp and he got wrapped around the trolling motor as I was getting him up to the boat. Sucker got off mad. Thought he was about to break the arrow when he had it bent around the trolling motor shaft. I'll have my net handy next time. He would have went 30lbs or more
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Any Bowfishing experts here? - 06/02/19 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Powpow65
Well I found a good spot last night. Stuck a big ole carp and he got wrapped around the trolling motor as I was getting him up to the boat. Sucker got off mad. Thought he was about to break the arrow when he had it bent around the trolling motor shaft. I'll have my net handy next time. He would have went 30lbs or more

hay hook from tractor supply. sharpen it to a needle point on the bench grinder

Re: Any Bowfishing experts here? - 06/02/19 05:42 PM

I'll do that, thanks
© 2024 ALDEER.COM