Aldeer.com

Map study

Posted By: bowtarist

Map study - 05/05/19 03:01 AM

I had an idea hit me today while looking over some maps. I thought it would be cool to post a pic of an area of a lake and have some of the more experienced guys tell how theyd go about attacking that area. May not even be an experienced person but it would give folks ideas that they may not have thought about. What yall think about this?
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Map study - 05/05/19 11:38 AM

Get on with it. smile

Also, if you have a laptop or home computer, you need to buy the Contour Elite program. I can sit in my recliner with my laptop and dissect most any lake in the country.
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Map study - 05/05/19 02:50 PM

Alright, here is a spot on chickamauga. Let's do tactics you'd try seasonally for bass and crappie.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bar270

Re: Map study - 05/05/19 03:38 PM

For the carappie i would get in the boat with fur

Re: Map study - 05/05/19 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bar270
For the carappie i would get in the boat with fur

That's just because you don't know Bowtardo is a better crappie fisherman than I am....

Brent the first place I'd look for crappie, on that map, right now is the left side of that top island on the drop off, or out on the edge of that channel. If all I could fish was what's on that map, I'd try to catch spawning crappie in the spring, first along the south end of that top island. North banks warm up fastest due to the low angle of the sun in March. That 25-30 foot area on the West and SW of the islands and more shallow water in the center of the map looks like it could be good during the summer and fall. The docks are all on the east side, so they aren't going to have much shade under them in the afternoons so I don't think they'd be good, unless there are some in that pocket that have evening shade.

My 2 cents.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Map study - 05/05/19 07:56 PM

For crappie, hit all the docks first and let the spider rigging guys hit all the open water grin

Re: Map study - 05/07/19 02:48 AM

I was hoping more people would participate in this thread. I think a thread like this is a great idea.
Posted By: Be_Cam

Re: Map study - 05/07/19 04:26 AM

If it was me right now. I would assume the water temp is around mid 70s, I would SI the docks first, then the creek Channels, then lastly points. If I found some fish on the docks, I would have 3 rods ready. 1/32, 1/24, and a 1/16. Start light and work my way up shooting them. If no good there, I’d go to the points and creek channels, and look for fish on structure. If they was there, I’d DI and maybe flip out about, then I’d free line a few jigs and maybe a few on slip floats. Let the ripple give my jig action under the float. If there is some structure or maybe some old stumps on the edge of the creeks channel, they should be some crappie on it.
Posted By: IDOT

Re: Map study - 05/08/19 05:06 AM

I’d hang out in the circled area all day. You’ve got everything a fish needs in that area from a crappie and bass standpoint imho

[Linked Image]
infiniti q50s 0 60

Re: Map study - 05/08/19 04:16 PM

IDOT, good eye.
Posted By: firemanrob12

Re: Map study - 05/13/19 06:54 PM

[img]https://imgur.com/TS8k03z[/img]

Red X - Post Spawn
Blue X- PreSpawn
Purple X- Spawn
© 2024 ALDEER.COM