Aldeer.com

Guntersville state park

Posted By: znrichie

Guntersville state park - 04/21/19 09:52 PM

Going camping there the first weekend of May, taking the kayaks and the flatbottom. Any reccomedation on areas to look for bluegills? Just looking for some headway as to I have only fished gville once and that was for bass. Looking forward to a fun weekend.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Guntersville state park - 04/21/19 10:48 PM

There some pockets just before you get to the campgrounds. Use crickets. Can catch them around the docks in D section at well.

Re: Guntersville state park - 04/21/19 11:17 PM

Thanks top cat I'll be trying them!
Posted By: klay

Re: Guntersville state park - 04/22/19 12:22 AM

Like Top Cat said. The sloughs around the cabins are great fishing. Also up in town creek. Drive around and put in at the boat ramp. There's a store there for supplies.

Re: Guntersville state park - 04/22/19 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by klay
Like Top Cat said. The sloughs around the cabins are great fishing. Also up in town creek. Drive around and put in at the boat ramp. There's a store there for supplies.

Thanks for the info!
Posted By: icducks

Re: Guntersville state park - 04/22/19 01:20 AM

Usually some good beds around the piers at the park. Possible to not even need a boat
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Guntersville state park - 04/22/19 02:58 AM

There is an old almost forgotten boat ramp at the cabins. You can drop your kayaks and jonboat in right there and then fish a couple of sloughs in each direction within a 1/4 mile or so. Last time I hit the area in May, it was full of bream beds.

Re: Guntersville state park - 04/22/19 10:27 AM

Thanks guys, I guess I'll know where I'll be trying!
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Guntersville state park - 04/22/19 02:04 PM

If you can get up Short Creek past the bridge is a good spot. The center of the creek is a long shallow hump.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Guntersville state park - 04/22/19 05:06 PM

That whole area is good to me
© 2024 ALDEER.COM