Aldeer.com

What lure do you need help with?

Posted By: perchjerker

What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 01:55 AM

This place has a lot of knowledge and guys willing to share.
Posted By: AC870

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 02:04 AM

Swim jig.
Swim bait.
Jig.
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 02:05 AM

I need help with making fish bite on tough days. You know the days where you cant buy a bite but you get to weigh in and someone has a sackful? That's what I need help with. I struggled yesterday on the crappie. I think I caught 4 in 12 hours of fishing. I did catch some monster sized bluegills tho.
Posted By: jb20

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 02:15 AM

Best line for a 6:3:1 baitcaster
Posted By: joshm28

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 02:21 AM

AC there’s multiple ways to work a jig. I’m very partial to a PJs jig. It’s a little smaller and seems to work better for me. I work it the same as a lite worm. Let it drop on a slack line a watch for a strike. Then pick up and shake a little and set it back down. Rinse and repeat.

I’d love to learn how to swim a jig better too. Maybe someone will chime in.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by jb20
Best line for a 6:3:1 baitcaster

12lb big game or 25lb power pro braid. Depends on what you are throwing
Posted By: jb20

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 02:49 AM

I was walking down a creek today and found a waist deep part about 100ft long... a lizard crawled by my foot so i threw him in and it took about 3 seconds and he was lunch for a bass..never seen a live lizard swim but after today I'm tempted to try to create a battery powered on with moving feet and a hook lol
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 03:03 AM

Yall a buncha papermouths....Maybe yall ought to take up a reading class or maybe knit some pillers or something.... crazy
Posted By: desertdog

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 03:12 AM

Being a better Spotted Bass Fisherman. I know that's a General Statement. I feel like it's one here one there and I should be finding schools of them. Edit. I just now realized this post was about a lure.

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 03:45 PM

Several of you really need reading comprehension classes. WHAT LURE DO YOU NEED HELP WITH? DUH?
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 03:47 PM

I couldn't think of any lures perch. Calm down!
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by AC870
Swim jig.
Swim bait.
Jig.
Posted By: desertdog

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by perchjerker
Several of you really need reading comprehension classes. WHAT LURE DO YOU NEED HELP WITH? DUH?

I'm not even going to respond to this
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 05:33 PM

Perch what’s the biggest fish you’ve caught on these? grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: top cat

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 05:35 PM

Banjo Minnow

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 05:42 PM

Tell the truth TC, you need help with helicopter lure too! rofl

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 05:44 PM

bowtarist it wasn't directed at you either! grin
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by desertdog
Being a better Spotted Bass Fisherman. I know that's a General Statement. I feel like it's one here one there and I should be finding schools of them. Edit. I just now realized this post was about a lure.

I'm more of the opposite, I'm a spot guru, I don't often catch the big largemouth. It's not really a know-how thing for me, but rather a mental block. First, I'm mostly talking about on tournament days during the Summer time of the year. I actually do catch a lot of largemouths, even some big sows, THIS time of year. But this is about the only time of the year that I'll actually stay shallow and beat the banks. When it gets hot Summer, especially on a crowded tournament Saturday, I cannot convince myself that there's a @#$#@ largemouth up there in that grass or under that dock that has been fished 15 times already today, has snotty nosed kids jumping and swimming around, and been crashed with a million waves from ski boats and pontoons. I spend all day long offshore fishing for spots. Then I come in and some dude has 20# of largemouths, and I don't know if he's lying or not, but will always say "we skipped jigs under boat docks all day". BULLSHUX!!!!!!!!
Posted By: top cat

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 06:25 PM

Tell the truth TC, you need help with helicopter lure too! rofl

YEP laugh

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 06:35 PM

I caught just one reloader blow fish! grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 07:12 PM

I can't think of a "lure" I need help with. There are some techniques that I need to be better at (skipping with a baitcaster would be first)

Otherwise for me it's just the mental aspect, boat traffic spins me out mentally. Not necessarily other fishing boats, but just overall pleasure boat traffic. Like I said above, once all the jet skiers, pontooners, and ski/wake boaters get out and lather up the water, I'm done for the day. I'd like to know what successful tournament fishermen do about that?

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 07:28 PM

Ikill, we used to be able to find areas where skiers and pontoons couldn't travel safely, but jet ski's ended that. I've seen ski boats ru8nning in areas I feared to idle. It's crazy how inconsiderate they can be. I've been sprayed by skiers before, as a result I ran between skier and boat. They got the message too.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/19/19 07:43 PM

I caught just one reloader blow fish! grin

[Linked Image]

grin
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/20/19 01:23 PM

Not a dam one, for me.
Perch brought this up so you folks could
give him some ideas on how to fish.

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/20/19 01:27 PM

No psychiatric help for you here Ernie, move on GOOBER! loco
Posted By: Ben2

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/20/19 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by ikillbux
I can't think of a "lure" I need help with. There are some techniques that I need to be better at (skipping with a baitcaster would be first)

Otherwise for me it's just the mental aspect, boat traffic spins me out mentally. Not necessarily other fishing boats, but just overall pleasure boat traffic. Like I said above, once all the jet skiers, pontooners, and ski/wake boaters get out and lather up the water, I'm done for the day. I'd like to know what successful tournament fishermen do about that?

Fish and use the boat waves and wakes to our advantage since others quit and leave when they show up!

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/20/19 05:00 PM

What Ben says is so true. On several occasions, I've seen fish school in mudlines caused by boat wakes. It is especially advantageous on windless days. i admit that lately those have been few and far between.
Posted By: mman

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/22/19 08:34 PM

Crankbaits, especially deep diving crankbaits.

I've caught a few but I don't throw it often or with any confidence. I've mainly fished them along the river's ledge on Guntersville. Where do they shine? What conditions make them a good choice? It is certainly my least favorite way to try and fish, but if I had more success/confidence, I'm sure I would use them more. I guess it is like anything, tie on one and only fish it for a while.
Posted By: Mike59

Re: What lure do you need help with? - 04/22/19 08:53 PM

I've used the drop shot tech before it ever got the name drop shot.... used to on bream fishing the delta,,, but never used it for bass... whacky rigging ,,,never used it...
© 2024 ALDEER.COM