Aldeer.com

Get JIGGY

Posted By: perchjerker

Get JIGGY - 04/07/19 01:40 PM

if any of you goobers are looking for some great jigs, swimbaits or chatterbaits, check TIGHTLINE JIGS out. Big Bass love crawfish and I think thats what a jig simulates most of the time. Especially when you put a plastic craw trailer on it. I love football jigs and his WoodThumper jigs. The owner is a great fisherman and a good friend of mine. He is also Clem's dad. Check'em out sometime.

www.tightlinejigs.com

[Linked Image]
Posted By: G/H

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/07/19 06:55 PM

Read a lot of people using them on Guntersville

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/07/19 07:01 PM

You don't fish jigs G/H?? They are so versatile. Swim jigs, Flipping, football and casting. I lov'em all. Caught some monsters on them.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/07/19 07:39 PM

Thanks for the heads up Perch....just ordered up a pile of Tightline swim jigs, football jigs, & chatterbaits.

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/07/19 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by perchjerker
You don't fish jigs G/H?? They are so versatile. Swim jigs, Flipping, football and casting. I lov'em all. Caught some monsters on them.

Not hardly, because of inexperienced. Just never remember to tie on one. Hard to figure out what trailers to use

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/07/19 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by G/H

Not hardly, because of inexperienced. Just never remember to tie on one. Hard to figure out what trailers to use

Net Bait Paca Craw, Gene Larew Salt Craw, Strike King Bitsy Bug, Zoom Brush Hog, etc

Any color will work as long as its Black, Blue, or Green Pumpkinseed
Posted By: Bar270

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/07/19 11:43 PM

Used one today
Posted By: duxlayer

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/08/19 12:53 AM

They make the grass jig hands down. Black and blue all day .
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/08/19 01:22 PM

Nice fish
Posted By: IDOT

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/08/19 04:37 PM

I hate fishing with jigs...hate it

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/09/19 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by BCLC
Originally Posted by G/H

Net Bait Paca Craw, Gene Larew Salt Craw, Strike King Bitsy Bug, Zoom Brush Hog, etc

Any color will work as long as its Black, Blue, or Green Pumpkinseed

Thanks
So do you fish 3/8 or 1/2 more?
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/09/19 07:28 PM

not a fan of football jigs but love swimming a jig!!
Posted By: Clem

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/09/19 07:31 PM

For me, 3/8 for swimming and 1/2 for pitching. If you want a craw with flappy arms go with NetBait or Strike King Rage Craw or Yum Papi. If you want something less expensive but still flappy, go with a Zoom twin-tail trailer or a 3-inch grub to look like a small bluegill or minnow.

Similar to BCLC, I go with black-blue, white or maybe a bream (green pumpkin) setup. I try to keep it simple. Reduces decision-making and the amount of chit I have. Guntersville Special, Mardi Gras and Ma-Ma Bream are a couple of TLJ colors that are popular.

I also like other jigs in smaller sizes. I'm not picky as long as something catches fish.

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/09/19 08:30 PM

Football jigs arten't intended to be fished like any other jig. You have a heavier head and you drag it like a Carolina rig. It will tell you about the composition of the bottom. I've caught some big bass dragging one along ledges with stumps on the Alabama river. It is basically a deep water jig. Definitely not for grassy areas.

Re: Get JIGGY - 04/10/19 01:37 AM

Got my Tightlines package in today. These jigs and chatterbaits are top notch and I can't wait to see how well the fish like them.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM