Aldeer.com

What batteries do I need?

Posted By: R_H_Clark

What batteries do I need? - 02/23/19 08:09 PM

Guys,I don't know squat about batteries except that some have more cranking amps than others. I need some advice please.

What kind of batteries do I need to run a 24V 82 lb trolling motor? I need to be budget conscious ? Where is the best place to buy them?
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: What batteries do I need? - 02/23/19 09:56 PM

If you are ever around Decatur go to Craigs Battery and get the 2 biggest deep cycle they have. They were right at $200 out the door if I remember right.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: What batteries do I need? - 02/23/19 11:38 PM

Odyssey 31 series batteries. They are high but they are worth it.
Posted By: klay

Re: What batteries do I need? - 02/24/19 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Guys,I don't know squat about batteries except that some have more cranking amps than others. I need some advice please.

What kind of batteries do I need to run a 24V 82 lb trolling motor? I need to be budget conscious ? Where is the best place to buy them?

If it's a budget, can't beat WalMart. If I buy batteries for the boats I'm selling, they come from there.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: What batteries do I need? - 02/24/19 12:48 AM

try to save a little and never go cheap on boat batteries. you don't want to be stranded with no one around. been there done that
Posted By: .308

Re: What batteries do I need? - 02/24/19 09:36 AM

I've been using Walmart battery's for 20 something years & have gotten decent service out of them.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: What batteries do I need? - 02/25/19 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by .308
I've been using Walmart battery's for 20 something years & have gotten decent service out of them.

Me too. I did get 1 bad car battery. They swapped it. Sams has good prices too and different brand.
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: What batteries do I need? - 02/25/19 03:59 PM

Glad yall are getting good luck with Walmart batteries. I never have. And they are more than what I usually buy them for.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: What batteries do I need? - 02/25/19 04:08 PM

buy the walmart batteries take them back one year before the warranty is up to swap out
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: What batteries do I need? - 02/25/19 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by GKelly
buy the walmart batteries take them back one year before the warranty is up to swap out

Alright, which Walmart batteries are ya'll getting? We don't have many in stock at our Walmart,so I wanted the model or link to it if ya'll can tell me.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: What batteries do I need? - 02/25/19 08:15 PM

Bass Pro Shops has their 27 series XPS 175 min reserve capacity deep cycle batteries on sale right now for $114.97 each ($80 off). I run a 24v 82lb on mine too and can fish all day in the current and wind and still be showing 25-40 charge at the end of the day depending on how hard I am on the motor. I've got an on-board charging system which stays in "float mode" to make sure they stay fully charged all the time when the boat is not in use. This is the second set of them I've run in this boat and I got exactly 5 yrs out of the first set. PM me your number and I'll text you a pic of the BPS flyer with the batteries in it. If you're on a budget, this is probably the best deal going right now.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: What batteries do I need? - 02/25/19 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by GKelly

Alright, which Walmart batteries are ya'll getting? We don't have many in stock at our Walmart,so I wanted the model or link to it if ya'll can tell me.

I always get the group size 31 everstart I think they have a 5 year warranty and it's easy to swap anything at walmart I take mine back about every 3-4 years
Posted By: .308

Re: What batteries do I need? - 02/25/19 10:59 PM

Yep, I get the biggest most expensive deep cycle they have.
Posted By: dnolen

Re: What batteries do I need? - 03/01/19 10:16 PM

Sams get the Duracell they are made by deka. They currently have a rebate also.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM