Aldeer.com

anyone owned a blazer bass boat?

Posted By: Beadlescomb

anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 12:49 AM

im going to be looking for a blazer 202 pro v in the next yesr and was wondering if anyone had any experience with one? i started out looking at bullets but i can get a lot more boat and similar speed out of a blazer it seems
Posted By: Ben2

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Beadlescomb
im going to be looking for a blazer 202 pro v in the next yesr and was wondering if anyone had any experience with one? i started out looking at bullets but i can get a lot more boat and similar speed out of a blazer it seems

How fast you wanting to go? Blazers are good boats imo.. always been one of my favorite looking boats

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ben2

How fast you wanting to go? Blazers are good boats imo.. always been one of my favorite looking boats

id like to be close to 80 with a 250 mercury or yamaha. got some people i need to beat to the dam
Posted By: dnolen

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 04:38 AM

Had one. I didn’t like it. It was fast but rode like crap didn’t take rough water well at all. Before you go full tilt you had better know how to handle chime walk. Mine was a 190- pro v had some friends with 202 they hated them as well. If something is needed from blazer hang it up. There customer service sucks.
Posted By: Drake322

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 11:13 AM

Find you an older Stratos ASX, if you can! grin
Posted By: Young20

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 11:59 AM

Hmmm, found this on the ASX. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M82DOgIidkk That's supposed to be an ASX at 1:07. Reminds me of the good old days, around 1990 or so. We built a super light Hurst Equalizer and hung a carbureted Merc 200 on it. I got 93 out of it on radar. The run was at Lay Lake with Gene Cleckler on the radar gun. Good times.
Posted By: hallb

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 12:45 PM

I've owned numerous blazer bay boats, never any bass boats, and currently have a Blazer Bay 2200. I have about 5 different friends that have them as well. Everyone loves them. They are built in Pensacola and as long as you get your boat to him, Keith the owner has always gone out of his way to take care of us. I would guess they probably build 10 bay models to every 1 bass model. Their boats are built to be on the affordable end and to be fished hard. I have never understood why the go-fast center console bay boat models have not taken off in the bass fishing world, to me they are just an all around better boat for fishing out of.

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by dnolen
Had one. I didn’t like it. It was fast but rode like crap didn’t take rough water well at all. Before you go full tilt you had better know how to handle chime walk. Mine was a 190- pro v had some friends with 202 they hated them as well. If something is needed from blazer hang it up. There customer service sucks.

if i was looking for a smooth riding easy to drive boat id have bought a ranger
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by dnolen

if i was looking for a smooth riding easy to drive boat id have bought a ranger
That's what I was gonna say. Ain't nothing wrong with Blazers...they do just fine for what you pay for one. If you were looking to spend $40,000 you wouldn't be asking about a Blazer. The first friend I fished tournaments with back in the 90's had a Blazer (I don't remember which model), I don't remember anything bad about it.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 02:11 PM

I rode in one with a 200 on it back in the day. Seemed pretty nice to me. Fast.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 02:26 PM

Nothing wrong with a Blazer.

They will run. But, part of that is because they flat out splashed the bottom of a Bullet.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 02:30 PM

I owned one for about 2 months. mid 90s model with a 200 mariner. That sucker would scream but you had to drive it for sure.
Posted By: Young20

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by hunterbuck
Nothing wrong with a Blazer.

They will run. But, part of that is because they flat out splashed the bottom of a Bullet.

That is true and most good designs are later splashed by other manufacturers. Alan Stinson's work is a good example.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 03:23 PM

$40,000 blazers new are $60,000+ for their high end model
Posted By: Drake322

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 03:37 PM

That yellow Stroker in the vid I THINK is the one on Neely now.
Posted By: Waldo

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 05:28 PM

I like mine.

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Waldo
I like mine.

which one do you have?
Posted By: klay

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 07:04 PM

I have had 2 202s. One had a 300 Yamaha and one had a 300 Mercury. The one with the Mercury would run in the 90s depending on prop. All the way up to mid 80s, it was one of the best handling fast boats I've been in. The one with the Yamaha, never saw over 78. I think something was wrong with the pad. I've drove a lot of boats, and I could not drive that one. It was horrible. A mexican, legit with a Mexico driver's license bought it from for crappie fishing.
Posted By: Waldo

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/22/19 09:17 PM

I have a 2005 pro 180 with a Yamaha proV 150

Smaller boat but it suits me.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/23/19 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by klay
A mexican, legit with a Mexico driver's license bought it from for crappie fishing.

He wanted to be the first juan to get to the bridge at Town creek so he could tie up where he wanted to, instead of having to fish the last spot left that no juan wanted..
Posted By: joshm28

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/23/19 03:25 AM

Skip a blazer and buy a Phoenix. Ours will run low 80s and rides like a dream.
Posted By: Rooster600

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/23/19 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by joshm28

This
Posted By: .308

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/23/19 02:25 PM

They will run low 80's alright, $80k. The one my wife liked was 72, needless to say I didnt purchase a Phoenix.
Posted By: TEM

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/23/19 03:18 PM

Buy a Bullet Bass Boat. That is where a Blazer came from. It is a hellava boat. It is the Cadillac of fishing boats IMO as far as being fast and set up to fish.

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/23/19 04:41 PM

What are you looking to spend, and year models?
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/23/19 06:02 PM

This guy can find you what you're looking for, and/or tempt the piss out of you with every classifieds post. LOL

klay's a great guy too.

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/23/19 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

This guy can find you what you're looking for, and/or tempt the piss out of you with every classifieds post. LOL

klay's a great guy too.

Thanks fur. I move a lot of boats that I don't put on here. I usually just post what I think people on here would be interested in. Figured they may get tired of me if I posted everything.

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/23/19 10:54 PM

10-15,000 2000-2006 really have my heart set on a 250 Yamaha or mercury. itll be this fall before i get really serious about huying one. ive found some nice ones on Facebook marketplace. id look at a bullet too but everything ive seen is pre 2000 in that price range
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/24/19 05:34 PM

I agree get a Phoenix. I have a 721 with a 250 pro xs with dual 8ft blades and a 112 fortrex and with half a tank of gas, me (220lbs) and all my gear itll run 76. It is also the best rough water riding boat I've ever been in.

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/24/19 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by fladeerhntr

I agree get a Phoenix. I have a 721 with a 250 pro xs with dual 8ft blades and a 112 fortrex and with half a tank of gas, me (220lbs) and all my gear itll run 76. It is also the best rough water riding boat I've ever been in.

dont want a phoenix dont want to spend 60,000 on a boat
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/24/19 06:27 PM

If your wanting to run 80+ get you an Eyra with a 250 sho. Much better riding boat in big water and dont chime walk near as bad. Buddy and I fished a tournament a week ago and with a full livewell and half tank of gas all our fishing stuff we were at 79.8. By himself he has seen 84.4
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 02/25/19 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by fladeerhntr

dont want a phoenix dont want to spend 60,000 on a boat

If you go on www.bassboatcentral.com you can find a used one in really good shape for much less than $60,000.
Posted By: 1955Retiree

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 03/04/19 05:45 PM

Gamblers will get on down the lake also. Had a friend with one back in the late 80s early 90s with a mercury mod vp on it. Supposedly a 250.
It would run in the low 90 mph range, rode good too. I have ridden in about everything back when I fished tournaments every weekend .
That is the only boat I was ever really scared riding in. It was a pretty boat, Black with large red metalflake. If I remember right it was an Intimidator model.
Posted By: doekiller

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 03/04/19 06:02 PM

I had a 96 202 dual console with a Mariner 225. That thing would fly, it would run in the 80 all day. It wasn't good in rough water. It would beat you to death. It isn't the easiest boat to drive. But, it isn't the hardest either. It was a good fishing boat. I only got rid of it because I wasn't using it.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 03/04/19 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by 1955Retiree
Gamblers will get on down the lake also. Had a friend with one back in the late 80s early 90s with a mercury mod vp on it. Supposedly a 250.
It would run in the low 90 mph range, rode good too. I have ridden in about everything back when I fished tournaments every weekend .
That is the only boat I was ever really scared riding in. It was a pretty boat, Black with large red metalflake. If I remember right it was an Intimidator model.

Mod VP's came from Mercury putting out 220hp. Doesn't mean that some modifications weren't made to your friend's to get it to 250, though. Not hard to get extra horsepower out of the older 2.0, 2.4, and 2.5 Mercs.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: anyone owned a blazer bass boat? - 03/04/19 10:47 PM

I'd be careful if you're looking to get into an older model 202 model blazer (2002-2006 model years I think) on the cheap. They had some serious problems with the hulls blistering 3-12 months after leaving the factory. I was fishing a ton at the time and personally knew of two guys that bought them new, straight from the factory, roughly a year and a half apart that had that blistering problem with them on the bottom of the hulls. Now that being said, there were tons of other guys running them at that same time that I knew that did not have a single problem with theirs. They are fast but they are not a bullet and they dont drive like one. I'd definitely go Bullet if I had to choose between the two. Klay on here had good deal recently on a super clean Bullet that he might still have. Performance tuned 250 yamaha on it and it sounds just like what you're looking for. If you fish a ton of rough water, you dont want either the bullet or the blazer. Both will beat you to death and driving the Blazer is work. Never owned one but have driven a bunch of them and the ones I've been in all had a tendency to want to "walk".
© 2024 ALDEER.COM