Aldeer.com

Tell me about the lake master chip

Posted By: OutdoorsAL

Tell me about the lake master chip - 02/21/19 09:56 PM

I have taken up crappie fishing on Lake Eufaula the past couple years. I have an older helix 10. In what ways would it benefit me to buy one? I don’t know anything about the chip so I will not be insulted by basic info.. Thanks
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Tell me about the lake master chip - 02/21/19 10:11 PM

Does your unit have down image or side image? That is the main difference in t6hose units. Then there is the new chirp 3 just introduced.
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Tell me about the lake master chip - 02/21/19 10:27 PM

Its more detailed than the navionics card. It helps me find all kinds of places that I think fish will be holding. Ledges, points, old creek channels, etc. I've got a card in my front and back unit I use them so much.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Tell me about the lake master chip - 02/21/19 11:46 PM

One great thing about Lakemaster is that you can get the Contour Elite program for your laptop/desktop and look at the same maps from the comfort of your home. I bought that Contour Elite program about 6 months ago and have used it a good deal to help "scout" some water.

Only issue I have with Lakemaster is that it doesn't cover some lakes that I fish.
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Tell me about the lake master chip - 02/22/19 04:46 PM

You can download the fishsmart app from humminbird on your phone and then buy the lake you want to look at also.
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Tell me about the lake master chip - 02/23/19 02:37 PM

All I know is that my waypoints I had saved are probably worthless now. Most of my fishing is between Dittos and G Dam.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM