Aldeer.com

Garmin Panoptix LiveScope

Posted By: FurFlyin

Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/10/19 03:19 PM

I hope to be able to post a LFLS thread Thursday. Got tied up with working (go figure) Friday so I didn't get to order it until Friday night. It won't ship until tomorrow with free 2 day shipping. If the Good Lord don't come back between now and then I plan to have it installed Wednesday afternoon.

I can't begin to explain how excited I am to be getting that thing. I may bust between now and then.
Posted By: hayman

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/10/19 04:11 PM

I just watched a YouTube video just to see what it was. That’s amazing!
Posted By: JBL

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/10/19 04:50 PM

Dang Fur I'm excited for you!! Those are the coolest things I've seen hit the fishing world. 20 years ago I couldn't have dreamed something like that would even be possible. Makes you wonder what will be on the market in the next 20 years.
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/10/19 05:24 PM

You just couldn't help yourself, could you? grin
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/10/19 06:10 PM

Man you lucky dog you! They are really nice! If you dont mind did you find a good deal on one? They are really exspensive but Id love to have one.

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/10/19 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by hayman
I just watched a YouTube video just to see what it was. That’s amazing!

Originally Posted by TexasNative
You just couldn't help yourself, could you? grin

The videos are amazing but fishing on a boat with one was more than I could stand.

Originally Posted by JBL
Dang Fur I'm excited for you!! Those are the coolest things I've seen hit the fishing world. 20 years ago I couldn't have dreamed something like that would even be possible. Makes you wonder what will be on the market in the next 20 years.

If this type stuff is commercially available, I can't imagine what the military must have.

Originally Posted by outdoorobsession
Man you lucky dog you! They are really nice! If you dont mind did you find a good deal on one? They are really exspensive but Id love to have one.

No, no deal on the LiveScope system. I got the head unit (Echomap Plus 93sv) for $300 off so that helped.
Posted By: CD

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/10/19 10:54 PM

You gonna have any Birds for sale? wink

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/10/19 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by CD
You gonna have any Birds for sale? wink

Very possible. If so it will be a Mega 9 SI G2N that I bought new in the fall of 2017.

That's my bow unit. I figure the only thing I'll use it for is the map, which I use quite a bit while trolling. I may "downgrade" to a smaller, less expensive 'bird if all I use it for is mapping.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/10/19 11:32 PM

I been watchin videos bout this thing...bout the neatest thang since sliced apple pie

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/10/19 11:53 PM

Let me know if you go that route, I’m kinda sorta looking for a DI for the bow.

I have a 7 SI I’m gonna ditch if that might be of any interest for your mapping. It’s non-networkable tho.

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/11/19 12:42 AM

CD, I had a DI on the bow before I put the SI up there. Whether you get mine or not, get the SI. You can always put it on DI if you want but with the screen speed set correctly it works just as good as they do at the console.

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/11/19 01:07 AM

10-4. I’m mainly looking for something to can share waypoints from the mega at the console. I keep hearing mixed opinions of SI on the bow. I had a Lowrance up there before this 7 SI and I really didn’t like either. But I think it’s mainly because I can’t network them to the console. I don’t mind even fishing with 2D after I’ve marked em with the console unit, I just need to be able to navigate back to and stay on the waypoint. I was thinking DI to save a lil money over a SI unit.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/11/19 02:13 AM

I want to see this LiveScope thing in action!
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/11/19 03:17 AM

Ordered me one to go beside my bird!

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/11/19 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote

We can do this

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/11/19 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
Ordered me one to go beside my bird!

That’s where mine is going for now.

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/11/19 05:47 PM

No you dont. Once you see it you will want one. I had a friend pull up on a place I was catching some on the other day with one. He says there are 5 on that point just right of where I was getting a few bites. He catches 2 on his first 2 casts to the point and says they are gone now. I never got another bite.
Posted By: Bcbama260

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/12/19 01:01 AM

Must be nice lol can’t hide money brad hope to see U posting pics of some slabs soon

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/12/19 02:52 AM

No you dont. Once you see it you will want one. I had a friend pull up on a place I was catching some on the other day with one. He says there are 5 on that point just right of where I was getting a few bites. He catches 2 on his first 2 casts to the point and says they are gone now. I never got another bite.

That’s a fact. I wanted to see a video of somebody fishing a “post” dock for crappie with one. I posted a request for that sort of video on a crappie forum I’m on. A guy from Huntsville invited me to go with him one day to check it out in person. We ended up in a stump bed. Every time he told me which direction and how far away to cast, I either caught or missed a fish. It was incredible. My son told my wife he was going to sell one of his kidneys so we could buy one. LOL We didn’t have to resort to that but it was nice to have a back up plan if needed.

I installed the 93SV tonight. I’m not impressed with the feel of the unit at all. Feels like cheap plastic. The gimbal is made from plastic. I just don’t see it being as durable as a ‘bird. Ben one thing I did read is DO NOT use the quick disconnect faceplate to remove the head. I will just unscrew mine from the gimbal and disconnect the two plugs.

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/12/19 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bcbama260
Must be nice lol can’t hide money brad hope to see U posting pics of some slabs soon

Shoot, I can hide money with the best of them. I rat holed enough to get that LS. LOL
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/12/19 02:59 AM

I'm rat holing for a 360 myself. I want to be able to see what's coming ahead of me so bad. You could steer your boat right in on a stump and just let them minners sit there on both sides of it and do their thang.

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/12/19 02:59 AM

Have you seen a 360 in person?

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/12/19 03:08 AM

Haha I’m just giving u a hard time, I guess since deer season ended it’s time for me to get back on the water.

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/12/19 03:09 AM

If I could make myself buy one those panoptics are hard to beat

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/12/19 03:23 AM

Hey Fur how long did it take yours to come in. It said 3-5 weeks when I ordered
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/12/19 03:33 AM

Been watching a few videos. Fur, after I see yours I'm likely to be on that bandwagon.
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/12/19 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

I havent. Just a ton a of videos.

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/12/19 01:31 PM

Hey Fur how long did it take yours to come in. It said 3-5 weeks when I ordered

I haven’t got it yet. I ordered it Saturday and it’s supppsed to be here tomorrow. I ordered it from the GPS store. It was in stock with free 2 day shipping

Re: Garmin Panoptix LiveScope - 02/12/19 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by bowtarist
Originally Posted by FurFlyin

I havent. Just a ton a of videos.

I’d suggest getting in a boat with one in use before you buy. I was not impressed. Some people may be able to tell what it shows but to me it just looked like a 2 color weather radar. Just blobs On a screen. Fish? Baitfish? Treetop? I couldn’t tell
© 2024 ALDEER.COM