Aldeer.com

Academy Sale FYI

Posted By: bama1971

Academy Sale FYI - 02/02/19 03:19 PM

Just dropped in to pick up some line,...

Left with $30 of crankbaits

They must be getting rid of their H20 Express brand
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Halfrack

Re: Academy Sale FYI - 02/02/19 03:59 PM

If its the academy in inverness,they're closing the store.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Academy Sale FYI - 02/02/19 04:28 PM

I haven't used the H2O cranks or lures. How do they compare to other more expensive brands?
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Academy Sale FYI - 02/02/19 04:35 PM

Just left the one in Gadsden, no dice.

Larry, I like them. Have caught hundreds of fish on their baits. Colors are good and hooks too.
Posted By: bama1971

Re: Academy Sale FYI - 02/02/19 05:34 PM

This was Montgomery. They literally took the whole H20 aisle and put them in buckets
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Academy Sale FYI - 02/03/19 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by perchjerker
I haven't used the H2O cranks or lures. How do they compare to other more expensive brands?

They're awful. Won't reach the advertised depths, run left/right/circles, can't be tuned. I also noticed on their deep crankbaits, you can't feel them, it's like they have no wobble. Pull a 5XD and it shakes your rod tip, but it's like you're just pulling a rock through the water with the H2O's.
Posted By: Luxfisher

Re: Academy Sale FYI - 02/03/19 08:57 PM

I'll take all the awful square bill's with rattles I can find for 1.98. especially the chartreuse & black, they want catch nothing especially in the spring.
Posted By: Nick344

Re: Academy Sale FYI - 02/03/19 10:41 PM

Madison had a bunch left and the Decatur store had Bandit’s on sale for 1.98 also. That was last week though. I ended up with some suffix line and and a ton of hooks.

Re: Academy Sale FYI - 02/04/19 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Luxfisher
I'll take all the awful square bill's with rattles I can find for 1.98. especially the chartreuse & black, they want catch nothing especially in the spring.

rofl grin thumbup
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Academy Sale FYI - 02/04/19 04:45 PM

I use them and they work excellent. Love their square bills and spooks
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Academy Sale FYI - 02/04/19 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Shaneomac2

I use them and they work excellent. Love their square bills and spooks

I have a ton of them.

Re: Academy Sale FYI - 02/04/19 06:28 PM

They have nice looking finishes, and come with pretty good hooks. Their topwaters are fine (they make an indentical lure to a Lucky Craft Gunfish that I use, legit can't tell ANY difference). But their diving crankbaits are just poor (or to me they are)

That one they make that looks like a Gunfish, they make it in "bone" (which Lucky Craft does NOT offer)
Posted By: Dallas County

Re: Academy Sale FYI - 02/04/19 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Luxfisher
Trolling in the fishing forum......nice smile
Posted By: Luxfisher

Re: Academy Sale FYI - 02/05/19 12:05 AM

Not trolling just have a different opinion of them than ikillbux. The square billl's are hard to beat.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM