Aldeer.com

I feel so dirty

Posted By: FurFlyin

I feel so dirty - 01/12/19 09:09 PM

No water to see this afternoon. I got invited to hunt a large piece of private property close to Jemison this weekend. No fishing for me a Fur Lite. First time and last time this season we’ve chased pine goats. I’d rather be fishing but enjoy spending the time with my son regardless of what we’re doing

[Linked Image]
Posted By: birdcarver

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/12/19 09:21 PM

My friend fished a tournament on lake Tuscaloosa today rained on him for 3 hours and he caught fish all the time it was raining
Posted By: Bar270

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/12/19 09:40 PM

U needed to let the fish rest a spell anyway
Posted By: top cat

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/12/19 09:44 PM

Good luck
Posted By: CAL

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/12/19 10:22 PM

I’d rather be fishing too. Saltwater variety though.
Posted By: IDOT

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/12/19 11:22 PM

Its hunting season? grin

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/12/19 11:45 PM

I feel pretty good about my decision to quit hunting and fish all year when my son looked at me and said,”I’m glad we quit hunting and stared fishing, this is boring.” I agreed with his assessment. 2700 acres of highly managed private land in one block and one hunter out of 5 saw a deer this afternoon. We’re half way between Chelsea and Jemison on the east side of the interstate.
Posted By: hayman

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/13/19 12:02 AM

You thinking about buying that property ( if it's where I am thinking)? grin
There are some sure enough good ones there.
Posted By: AC870

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/13/19 03:06 AM

Pretty place!
Heck I saw one on my “intensively managed” 11 acres!!
Posted By: gundoc

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/13/19 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
I feel pretty good about my decision to quit hunting and fish all year when my son looked at me and said,”I’m glad we quit hunting and stared fishing, this is boring.” I agreed with his assessment. 2700 acres of highly managed private land in one block and one hunter out of 5 saw a deer this afternoon. We’re half way between Chelsea and Jemison on the east side of the interstate.

Should of let me know you were coming that far south. I could have gotten with you and given you those rods.

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/13/19 11:18 AM

Gundoc, that never crossed my mind. Maybe next time I’m headed south I’ll remember
Posted By: JBL

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/13/19 02:18 PM

You've hunted more than me this season. Hunting isnt what it used to be for several reasons. I'll leave it at that.
Posted By: Stob

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/13/19 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

I'm getting there.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/13/19 07:04 PM

I have to disagree....i grew up 75 yards from the water and a 5 min walk to the boathouse and a pefectly good bass boat...ive been rough on a fish my whole life...an my daddy moved to sauty creek for that very reason....but we fished so dang much come deer season we couldnt wait to git in the woods...i like to fish....but...i dont get the joy out of it i do huntin..specially hearin a turkey gobble. I do however still like to catch a crappie...but i aint even mad at them as we used to be...we used to catchem by the 50 gallon drum....i aint got nothin for a bass no more...i used to hate them too but i could care less if i ever catch anothern.....offshore fishin excluded from this....id sell everthang i own to fish in the ocean everday.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/14/19 02:31 AM

If i had to only choose one forever...it would be fishin!
Posted By: gundoc

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/14/19 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
If i had to only choose one forever...it would be fishin!

Me too

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/14/19 03:21 PM

Me 3. Back in the 90’s when a bad day hunting was seeing 5 deer and a good day was seeing 25-50 I would have picked hunting over fishing. Now I’d take fishing 100 times out of 100. I can do both but hunting is so very boring now a days.

My son looked at me yesterday and said, “I am SO glad you bought the boat, the only thing more boring than this is reading a bad book for school. I’d rather read a good book than deer hunt.”

The state needs to take notice of statements like that. When a 16 year old country boy would rather read a book than go deer hunting, our states deer herd is in one hell of a mess.
Posted By: Stob

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/15/19 02:12 AM

My 14 y/o is the same way. Says he don't ever want to sit in a deer stand again.
Too boring and never see ANYTHING, He says its not hunting, its just sitting in
a tree waiting for something to come by.
I cant argue with his logic.
I put away our hunting stuff yesterday so we can start fishing a little early this year

Re: I feel so dirty - 01/15/19 12:26 PM

It’s so sad that hunting has become this way. My son is not a video game junkie like a lot of kids. He spends a lot of time outdoors but sitting in the woods is too boring when nothing is going on. I got to admit it’s got really boring to me too.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM