Aldeer.com

Mo Crappie

Posted By: IDOT

Mo Crappie - 12/09/18 11:15 PM

Starting to feel like I'm getting addicted here. Fished the dam for about 3hrs and it took 2hrs to find the fish. Cold, rainy, pretty much just hell fishing but it was still more fun than sitting on the sofa. I caught everyone of these fish in the same spot and I mean it had to be in the EXACT spot, depth. direction. Finicky critters these crappie are grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 12:06 AM

Nice fish there. I was gettin an itch today for crappie myself. But it was cold and windy So me and the boy decided to run a few miles from home to ditto landing. We just fished the banks for 20 minutes and froze in the wind. Light rain. Struck out. Only 2 boats were launched and they were fishin Aldridge creek up in ditto. That wind was wiphin and cold. We were unprepared lol
Posted By: inatree

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 01:00 AM

The older I get the more I like crappie and bream fishing. Guess I'm getting to old to chase bass.

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by inatree
The older I get the more I like crappie and bream fishing. Guess I'm getting to old to chase bass.

The funny thing is, you catch a TON of bass jig fishing. They almost get annoying grin
Posted By: inatree

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 01:05 AM

^^^^ true!
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by IDOT

The funny thing is, you catch a TON of bass jig fishing. They almost get annoying grin

My man! Congrats on a good catch.

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

Damn ditch pickles grin
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 02:17 AM

Fishing from the bank too no less. I am impressed.
Posted By: antlerhunter

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 02:56 AM

I went down there just to show my son the water today, lot of water running through. Cold, windy and raining so we didn't stay too long.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 04:49 AM

Good job idot. thumbup
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

Damn ditch pickles grin

Atta boy
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 12:52 PM

Who does your French manicure?

[Linked Image]

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 01:19 PM

LOL...I don't know why they look that white. Cold and rain I reckon. grin
Posted By: JBL

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 03:35 PM

Nice! How deep did you find them?

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBL

6-8ft

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBL

6-8ft

Cool. Just curious, because I've never crappie fished below the Guntersville dam. At the dam where I'm at they've been getting them at about 9 ft lately. I personally haven't chased them since last winter.
Posted By: CAM

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 07:54 PM

Nice!!

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBL
Originally Posted by JBL

6-8ft

Cool. Just curious, because I've never crappie fished below the Guntersville dam. At the dam where I'm at they've been getting them at about 9 ft lately. I personally haven't chased them since last winter.

It's really hard to tell the exact depth, but it's somewhere in the depth range. Between the current and the wind, it was hard to make the exact cast and depth on any two casts. Strangely enough, the white bass were absolutely gone.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 09:05 PM

Those rocks look like the ones on the north side near the lock wall 😏

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote
Those rocks look like the ones on the north side near the lock wall 😏

whistle whistle

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/10/18 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBL
Originally Posted by JBL

6-8ft

It's really hard to tell the exact depth, but it's somewhere in the depth range. Between the current and the wind, it was hard to make the exact cast and depth on any two casts. Strangely enough, the white bass were absolutely gone.

That is strange the white bass disappeared like that. The guys over here at this dam use 10 ft crappie poles and mark off 1 ft increments on their rod with a white marker. They use a slip float to change their depth. Once one someone gets on them, they'll yell out the depth and everyone will change their cork stop to that depth. Theyre serious about some crappie over here now.
Posted By: jckroner

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/11/18 10:03 PM

Nice IDOT!!! I have ben trying to teach myself and my daughter how to crappie fish from the bank, with ZERO luck. Congrats
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Mo Crappie - 12/12/18 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by jckroner
Nice IDOT!!! I have ben trying to teach myself and my daughter how to crappie fish from the bank, with ZERO luck. Congrats

Gotta keep movin over foot by foot if you cant find them. One cast to the left and you might not ever see one. Keep playin with different colors. Try 4lb line and small jig heads with the common bobby garland colors. You will find them if you keep movin. Crappie bite all year no matter what. They gotta eat eventually. My buddy in scottsborro can absolutely kill them every trip with minnows only. Its crazy. We fill the boat when i go with him. We fish the small creeks in scottsborro and they stay loaded it seems.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM