She was sure rolling this afternoon.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: IDOT

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/07/18 12:13 AM

That's a huge gator grin

You catch anything?
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/07/18 12:39 AM

You trying to catch them fish with teeth?
Posted By: JBL

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/07/18 12:52 AM

Any luck?
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/07/18 03:01 AM

Yes, we were trying to catch toothy fish. We caught 4 nice crappie and quite a few white bass. The front of my boat was bobbing up and down so much that I couldn't keep my bait on the bottom. Even in the locks it was rough.

We started out in the locks but after about 2 hours of bobbing around I got tired of fighting it and we went down river. We caught more fish down there than we did at the dam.

The lady at Cooleys said some guy caught 10 Walleye last week. She said Cooley said those were the first Walleye he had seen or heard of in 10 years.

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/07/18 04:10 AM

I like to use a 1/2 jighead, no grub. Medium size minnow, run the hook through its mouth and back out its gills, turn it over and run the hook back in the minnows belly, to make it weedless. Let it drag on bottom, feeling the bottom constantly, instead of jigging it. I have heard a pink jighead helps at times but I have not tried them. I catch twice as many fish this way rather than jigging grubs. I think you can feel the bite betterand set the hook quicker.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/07/18 01:30 PM

Id been out there trollin for yahoos..
Posted By: IDOT

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/08/18 12:14 AM

The crappie are out there, looking forward to going back out there with an entire day to find them.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: inatree

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/08/18 01:58 AM

Nice IDOT !
Posted By: JBL

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/08/18 01:14 PM

That's a good'n there IDOT
Posted By: CD

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/08/18 02:34 PM

Spilling everywhere right now I guess. We fished on Pickwick yesterday and she was rolling.

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/08/18 02:52 PM

I'd imagine that they have the other 3 gates open today. It's gonna be a nasty day. If I didn't have some stuff I needed to get done around the house, I'd go tie up under a bridge and fish all day.

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/08/18 03:57 PM

Sounds like a good idea fur, I think thats what ill do. This recliner is starting to wear a blister on my butt.

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/08/18 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by jwalker77
Sounds like a good idea fur, I think thats what ill do. This recliner is starting to wear a blister on my butt.

Good luck! Wear protection. LOL

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/08/18 10:34 PM

Tied up under short creek bridge for about 2 1/2hours. Caught 9 good sized crappie and two 5lb bass. Thats much better than riding the day out in this recliner
Posted By: AC870

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/08/18 10:59 PM

Heck yeah!
Posted By: inatree

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/08/18 11:02 PM

Tied up under short creek bridge for about 2 1/2hours. Caught 9 good sized crappie and two 5lb bass. Thats much better than riding the day out in this recliner

Sounds like it's time to get the grease hot!
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/08/18 11:50 PM

Those 3 gates were still closed today but all the others were still open. By tomorrow those 3 may be open.

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/09/18 12:00 AM

Grease is getting hot right now. The 2bass went in a pond, well catch them again.

Re: The Gulf of Guntersville - 12/09/18 02:11 AM

Good deal!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM