Aldeer.com

A few recent fish

Posted By: JBL

A few recent fish - 12/03/18 02:24 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

The hybrids have been biting pretty good lately. The bigger one is from Guntersville dam Thanksgiving weekend and the others are from the spillway below Ross Barnett reservoir in MS. Ive been getting anywhere from 3 to 10 a trip. The bait is piled up so think below the spillway it's made it harder to get ny spoon noticed. That blue cat came on a spoon yesterday. Smaller minnow is a brook silverside. Theres tons of them in the pearl river. I snagged shad just about every other cast over the weekend.
Posted By: deerchop

Re: A few recent fish - 12/03/18 03:01 PM

That look's like some fun.
Posted By: birdcarver

Re: A few recent fish - 12/03/18 03:37 PM

Cool
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: A few recent fish - 12/03/18 05:36 PM

Good fish. Congrats
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: A few recent fish - 12/03/18 07:29 PM

Those hybrids are a lot of fun. I like to get one of my 8 foot flipping sticks with 65 pound braid and an Alabama rig with small swim baits. Hang one and hold on while it swims around and hook 2 or 3 more.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: A few recent fish - 12/04/18 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by fladeerhntr
Those hybrids are a lot of fun. I like to get one of my 8 foot flipping sticks with 65 pound braid and an Alabama rig with small swim baits. Hang one and hold on while it swims around and hook 2 or 3 more.

I've hooked 2 on A-rig's a few times but one has always straightened the hook out. Never landed a pair.
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: A few recent fish - 12/04/18 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!
Originally Posted by fladeerhntr

I've hooked 2 on A-rig's a few times but one has always straightened the hook out. Never landed a pair.

I had the same thing happen a couple times. I ended up switching to jig heads made for saltwater that had a heavier wire hook and have not had one straightened out since.
Posted By: AC870

Re: A few recent fish - 12/04/18 08:59 PM

I rode down to Gville Dam today after seeing this post.
The flood gates are open and A LOT of water is rolling down the river.

Re: A few recent fish - 12/04/18 10:12 PM

Thanks guys. I would love to catch a couple on an a-rig. That would be something else.

AC870, they had alot of the gates open when I went too and the water was a little high. There was zero bait fish by the walls. First time I've never seen any at guntersville. I just thought that was odd. I experimented with different weights to get close to the bottom. I went as heavy as 3 oz plus spoon, but had the best luck with 1.5 or 2 oz plus spoon. Everything seemed to be right on bottom. I was there mid day til dark. Seemed like the bite shut off at 4. Morning would have been better but mid day wasnt bad.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: A few recent fish - 12/04/18 11:18 PM

Try a 4” pearl sassy shad on a 3/4 oz jighead. Throw it out at a 90 degree angle to the current and reel slowly or don’t reel at all if the water is running fast enough to keep it off bottom. Hold on tight.
Posted By: IDOT

Re: A few recent fish - 12/05/18 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by AC870

AC, you can fill a bucket with white bass off the bank right now. I was throwing a pearl bobby garland on a 1/16 head and wearing them out yesterday evening. lots of fun on an ultralight setup

Re: A few recent fish - 12/05/18 12:57 AM

IDOT, just make sure that bucket doesn’t have more than 15 White Bass in it. The state thinks they’re in short supply. LOL

Re: A few recent fish - 12/05/18 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by IDOT
Originally Posted by AC870

AC, you can fill a bucket with white bass off the bank right now. I was throwing a pearl bobby garland on a 1/16 head and wearing them out yesterday evening. lots of fun on an ultralight setup

Yes sir. I caught a white bass probably every other cast that trip. Probably the most I've ever caught before.

Re: A few recent fish - 12/05/18 01:08 AM

If you like grilled fish, it’s really hard to beat a White Bass. IMO, they aren’t worth a flip fried.

IDOT, hows the drum bite this week? LOL

My plan is to be below the dam Thursday sometime, in da boat, Sauger fishing.

Re: A few recent fish - 12/05/18 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
. IDOT, hows the drum bite this week? LOL.

You can only catch those god forsaken things when you don't want to...lol. I was hoping to catch a 1 or 2lbr yesterday but those pesky white bass wouldn't leave me alone grin

I was wondering why I got all those weird looks when I left with 2 5gal buckets full whistle

*****Disclaimer******

That's a joke GW's grin

Re: A few recent fish - 12/05/18 04:19 AM

Dang. I wasn’t at right place. Wasn’t deep enough. Something. Or as my Granny would say “You’re not holding your mouth just right.” I was there at mid day. Tried 3 different places on bank with A-Rig and spoon. I’d love to get into the whites.
I hear fish are stacked in the mouths of creeks below the dam. Know some guys who wore em out on Rooster Tails weekend or so back.

Re: A few recent fish - 12/05/18 04:47 AM

AC. every fish I caught was about 10ft from the bank and between 6-8ft deep

Re: A few recent fish - 12/05/18 04:53 AM

You’ve Inspired me. I will be going back.

Re: A few recent fish - 12/05/18 02:38 PM

Let us know how you do AC
© 2024 ALDEER.COM