Aldeer.com

Taxidermist for crappie?

Posted By: FurFlyin

Taxidermist for crappie? - 11/29/18 09:36 PM

Not mine, but a guy is looking for a good taxidermist to mount a scrawny little ol 3 lb crappie he caught last weekend. Anybody got a good recommendation especially with pictures?
Posted By: Stob

Re: Taxidermist for crappie? - 11/29/18 09:40 PM

Good thing you spelled out Taxidermist.
Posted By: Bar270

Re: Taxidermist for crappie? - 11/30/18 12:36 AM

He had to use spell check

Originally Posted by Stob
Good thing you spelled out Taxidermist.
Posted By: Peach

Re: Taxidermist for crappie? - 11/30/18 12:42 AM

I don't know where you are located, but Kevin Glover in Milton, Fl does the best crappie and bass mounts I've ever seen anywhere. Pm me and I will send some pics of some he did for me.
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: Taxidermist for crappie? - 11/30/18 01:35 AM

Send a picture to Archie Phillips Taxidermy with measurements for a replica and then eat the original
Posted By: MIB

Re: Taxidermist for crappie? - 12/01/18 02:47 AM

Scottie Ringanouldis in Spanish Fort did one for me... if someone can post the picture for me, I'll send it to them. It turned out really nice. He won the world championships back in the 90's with a crappie mount.
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: Taxidermist for crappie? - 12/01/18 03:24 AM

Wow, that's close to home. I caught those crappies for Scotty and traded in return a duck mount! Scotty is/was as good as they come. I'm not certain he is still in business. I do know this....he was so good he was being inundated with work so badly he doubled his prices and it didn't slow up. If any of you have ever seen all those full body mount deer at the mall in Mobile during the holidays he is the one who mounted them.

Re: Taxidermist for crappie? - 12/01/18 04:25 AM

He is still in business, but is very selective in what he does. He will not take a fish with a broken fin. He's done several mounts for my family over the years. The one he did for me was a shade over 3lbs caught in Lucedale, MS.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Taxidermist for crappie? - 12/01/18 02:49 PM

MIB, I'm sending you a PM so you can send me the pic.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Taxidermist for crappie? - 12/01/18 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by MIB
Scottie Ringanouldis in Spanish Fort did one for me... if someone can post the picture for me, I'll send it to them. It turned out really nice. He won the world championships back in the 90's with a crappie mount.

Does he just do fish? I'm still looking for a good "Taxi" down here in Baldwin.

Re: Taxidermist for crappie? - 12/02/18 04:19 AM

He has a showroom with all kinds of animals in it. His work is top notch, but it isn't cheap and it takes him a while.
Posted By: James

Re: Taxidermist for crappie? - 12/03/18 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tigger85
Send a picture to Archie Phillips Taxidermy with measurements for a replica and then eat the original

Uhhh he said he caught it last weekend
Posted By: wmmoorejr

Re: Taxidermist for crappie? - 12/06/18 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Stob
Originally Posted by MIB

Does he just do fish? I'm still looking for a good "Taxi" down here in Baldwin.

Lester Williams in Bay Minette does good work and has reasonable prices. https://www.facebook.com/pg/lesterwilliamstaxidermy/photos/?ref=page_internal
Posted By: Flychucker

Re: Taxidermist for crappie? - 12/10/18 09:56 PM

Still Life Oneonta
© 2024 ALDEER.COM