Aldeer.com

New toy

Posted By: klay

New toy - 11/28/18 02:26 AM

I know most of you hate fast bass boats, but I like them, a lot! Haven't had one that would get over mid 70s in about a year, so I set out to find one. 1999 Bullet 20 XF with a Yamaha 225 ox66. Now for the real fun part, it's built by a company called Hydro Tec Marine. If you've never heard of them, look them up. This one is a stage 2 build and the whole motor was sent to them. It Dynoed at 284 hp. Haven't got to open it up yet do to weather. The are videos on YouTube of some of their motors. One's on a stratos running 94 mph.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: New toy - 11/28/18 02:33 AM

You gonna have a helmet on when you drive it?

Re: New toy - 11/28/18 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
You gonna have a helmet on when you drive it?

Naw. But the guy I bought it from wore one while I drove it today.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: New toy - 11/28/18 03:13 AM

Those Bullets and Gamblers are purty fast. I'll bet that one what with the 284HP Yammy will be scary fast at WOT. Prolly back off the trailer at 30 mph. grin

I wouldn't be interested in buying it, (too much for me), but I'd be kinda curious as to know how fast it would run when you find out.

Re: New toy - 11/28/18 03:16 AM

He said he had been to 86 with his fishing partner in it, but got nervous and backed out.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: New toy - 11/28/18 07:47 AM

Wayne and the boys at HydroTech know how to turn up a Yammer.
Posted By: Drake322

Re: New toy - 11/28/18 01:11 PM

Chris Bailey out of Louisiana had one on a Stroker that I THINK went 103. It was a stage III also. Hydrotec makes some bad boys.

There was a guy on Neely a couple years ago that had a Bullett with a 3.2 Stroker on the back and had it to 96 before, in his words, "got real stupid".

BTW, great looking boat.
Posted By: William

Re: New toy - 11/28/18 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by klay
He said he had been to 86 with his fishing partner in it, but got nervous and backed out.

Yeah. No thanks....
Posted By: JBL

Re: New toy - 11/28/18 02:03 PM

I like fast boats too klay. I love me some Allison's, bullets, and strokers. I like the new rig! You're gonna love it.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: New toy - 11/28/18 02:43 PM

Cause,everyone really needs to run 94 mph across the lake? What could possibly go wrong?

Congrats on the pretty boat,but please be safe.

Re: New toy - 11/28/18 03:09 PM

I'll be careful. Won't run it that way but a few times. Get it out of my system and sell it. I'll get rid of it in January or February.

Re: New toy - 11/28/18 03:30 PM

Find out how fast it goes, then I want to ride with you, but I've got to find a helmet large enough to fit my head first.....

I know you won't be able to hear anything going over 75 mph so if you see me pull my pistol, that means slow down. LOL
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: New toy - 11/28/18 03:43 PM

I know you won't be able to hear anything going over 75 mph so if you see me pull my pistol, that means slow down. LOL

lol

Re: New toy - 11/28/18 05:12 PM

Find out how fast it goes, then I want to ride with you, but I've got to find a helmet large enough to fit my head first.....

I'm in!
Posted By: AC870

Re: New toy - 11/29/18 12:28 AM

I’ll load up with y’all if you need more “ballast.”
If you see me piss my pants or you smell shucks, slow down.
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: New toy - 11/29/18 09:32 PM

Love those Bullet hulls! They look like they're doing 70 just sitting on the trailer.
Posted By: eclipse829

Re: New toy - 11/30/18 01:54 AM

That should be a 92-93 mph loaded to fish with 2 guys on board, all day long.

Re: New toy - 11/30/18 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by eclipse829

In that case, I may retract my other post...

Klay if I yell slow down, are you gonna slow down?

Re: New toy - 11/30/18 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by eclipse829

In that case, I may retract my other post...

Klay if I yell slow down, are you gonna slow down?

Definitely. I've been on the other side too many times. Everyone that test drives a bass boat thanks they're a pro. I've told more than one to let off, they can experiment after they pay me.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: New toy - 11/30/18 12:34 PM

Sharp boat but I am too old and like living too much to run in the 90's in anything. Crap I dont even run 70's unless I am alone on the lake. During blast off I just wait til everyone else is gone then run 50 mph to the first spot.
Posted By: AC870

Re: New toy - 11/30/18 01:37 PM

50 feels good. High 30s feels good if it’s cold.
Posted By: Drake322

Re: New toy - 11/30/18 01:38 PM

Definitely. I've been on the other side too many times. Everyone that test drives a bass boat thanks they're a pro. I've told more than one to let off, they can experiment after they pay me. [/quote]

laugh
Posted By: Ryano

Re: New toy - 11/30/18 02:26 PM

If it don't have an oh chit handle on the passenger side be sure to mount a trailer ball in the middle of the seat. At 90 mph I bet you couldn't budge them an inch.

Re: New toy - 11/30/18 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ryano
If it don't have an oh chit handle on the passenger side be sure to mount a trailer ball in the middle of the seat. At 90 mph I bet you couldn't budge them an inch.

I'll be laying down in the floor.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: New toy - 11/30/18 09:50 PM

Real pretty boat, man. Screw that kinda speed though. I prefer around 30 or so. About 50 is the max I care to drive or ride.

Dr. B
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: New toy - 11/30/18 10:24 PM

Good looking job on that lower unit, too. Not many that enclose the hose for the coned lwp like that. Titus, JC's, and Tooter (don't think he does them anymore) are some of the very few that do it...and they're all in Alabama.
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: New toy - 11/30/18 10:51 PM

We all do dumb things some times. You only live once right?
Posted By: top cat

Re: New toy - 12/01/18 03:19 AM

Big boy toy fo sho thumbup
Posted By: TravisBatey

Re: New toy - 12/05/18 01:38 AM

Sharp boat! Dad has a 21XD in the black and silver flake combo. Redone all the carpet,trailer etc and it's a mighty sharp boat...I've been waiting on him to buy a different boat and offer that one to me for a good deal , but hasn't happened yet. laugh
© 2024 ALDEER.COM