Aldeer.com

Deep Cycle Batteries

Posted By: gundoc

Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/15/18 07:09 PM

Where do y'all buy your batteries from. I have been all over Tuscaloosa, and Bessemer, and I can't find a group 27 deep cycle battery in stock. Everyone says they gotta order me one. Does nobody stock a group 27 battery locally anymore??
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/15/18 07:40 PM

Call Dixie Battery, if you've not already.
Posted By: William

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/15/18 08:08 PM

I'm a Batteries+ guy. I've had good luck with them.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/15/18 08:17 PM

Not really any of my business but why do you want that small of a battery?

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/15/18 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

That's all I have room for...I can only fit 2 in the area of my boat they are supposed to sit in

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/15/18 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by gundoc

That's all I have room for...I can only fit 2 in the area of my boat they are supposed to sit in

10-4. I had to do some maneuvering to get my 2, 31's in my boat. One hangs over the bilge well about 4 inches.
Posted By: tombo51

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/16/18 02:21 AM

Try the interstate battery store up on Finley Blvd I had to have a group 29 for my boat very few places had a 29 but they did
Posted By: dnolen

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/16/18 03:07 AM

Sams. Or if you come to Haleyville we keep them in the store.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/17/18 02:05 AM

Be careful about interstate batteries. We carried them in our shop for years due to corporate contracts and they were terrible. They never lasted very long. I can only attest to our location but refuse to use them anywhere lol.

Academy sports is my go to. And Sams, Walmart.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/17/18 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
Be careful about interstate batteries. We carried them in our shop for years due to corporate contracts and they were terrible. They never lasted very long. I can only attest to our location but refuse to use them anywhere lol.

I've got an interstate In my truck that's atleast 7 years old. I figure the cold will get it this winter but dang if that it good life out of a battery for me.

Now the academy batteries are pure crap but the warranty is nice. I had one I bougbt two no the ago that wouldn't charge at all then the new one boiled over the first time it charged

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/17/18 03:52 AM

I bought a Deka from Dixie Batteries this afternoon.

I'd read somewhere else Interstate wasn't what they used to be . I currently have one for a cranking battery, but it was on the boat when I bought it.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/17/18 01:02 PM

My new boat came with 3 Interstate batteries. They were new 3 years ago but one has started having trouble taking a charge. I have an inboard charger too and plug up after every trip.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/17/18 09:09 PM

Call Airport marine

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/17/18 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
Call Airport marine

I've been there 3 times. Every time, they acted like they didn't care I was even in the building. I'm not gonna beg folks to take my money
Posted By: BigEd

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/18/18 12:01 AM

The interwebs says Sams in TTown has the Duracell group 27 in stock

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/18/18 01:02 AM

I'd read somewhere else Interstate wasn't what they used to be . I currently have one for a cranking battery, but it was on the boat when I bought it.

I think you'll be pleased with the Deka batteries. That's what I'm running.

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/18/18 05:13 PM

Yeah, they told me that was the best they had without going with an AGM battery. Said the AGM was twice the price but you wouldn't get twice the life out of it.
Posted By: dnolen

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/18/18 05:24 PM

Duracell and deka just happen to be the same batterie
Posted By: bama1971

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/18/18 05:29 PM

ive got some deka's in a golf cart going on year 6, which is unheard of.
Posted By: BassCat

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/18/18 08:17 PM

I buy mine from Airport Marine off I-65 Shelby County Airport Exit.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/20/18 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by dnolen
Duracell and deka just happen to be the same batterie

And sams carries them
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Deep Cycle Batteries - 10/21/18 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Beadlescomb
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake

I've got an interstate In my truck that's atleast 7 years old. I figure the cold will get it this winter but dang if that it good life out of a battery for me.

Now the academy batteries are pure crap but the warranty is nice. I had one I bougbt two no the ago that wouldn't charge at all then the new one boiled over the first time it charged

I wont buy another interstate battery. They are pure junk. I replaced four of them in my brand new boat 1.5 years after i purchased it. By the way, the boat only came with 3 batteries, one was replaced at 6 months under warranty and it still cost me $70. Chitty batteries with chitty customer service. I now buy all my deep cycle batteries at Walmart, they are cheap and last a long time. Deka sucks too.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM