Aldeer.com

Night time spinnerbait fishing

Posted By: Beadlescomb

Night time spinnerbait fishing - 08/16/18 04:25 AM

I've done it a few times and caught a few fish but someone give me a crash course on it
Posted By: Reno

Re: Night time spinnerbait fishing - 08/16/18 11:01 AM

It works on Logan Martin.. I usually throw a gold blade with black/chartreuse skirt
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Night time spinnerbait fishing - 08/16/18 11:16 AM

Guntersville over grass, medium size round blade(has a name, I cant remember it) ,black with red streaks, flavored crawfish trailer any dark color
Posted By: Stob

Re: Night time spinnerbait fishing - 08/16/18 12:09 PM

Colorado Blade. My favorite. Copper Blade, Black Skirt.
Posted By: Zkd22

Re: Night time spinnerbait fishing - 08/16/18 01:33 PM

I throw a #5-7 Colorado blade depending on how deep I’m fishing it. Deep I like a short arm #5 and shallow I like a long arm #7. Uncle josh #11 is the best trailer but sadly they quit making them. I usually use all nickel or gold blades. Sometimes on full moon nights the fish will hit the blade and not eat the bait so I always have a black sharpie to color the blade if that starts happening. I like it on 15-17 fluoro or 30# braid. I have caught a lot of big fish on a spinnerbait at Guntersville over the years.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Night time spinnerbait fishing - 08/16/18 02:10 PM

Black blade and skirt. Black scented trailer too. I've caught boat loads of Bass night fishing. When catfish are spawning they will hit it too at night. I prefer riprap areas most, but will fish humps or channel breaks. I love dark nights best and like to fish around lights over the water. Around lights i like a white crankbait or a blue plastic worm. If a full moon lights are not a factor. Marinas can be awesome. Sometimes its a slow steady retrieve and others its a retrieve drop retrieve drop. Those nights they usually hit on the drop. I have caught bass over 7 pounds on a blk jig at night too.
Posted By: gman

Re: Night time spinnerbait fishing - 08/16/18 04:58 PM

When you get that bait tuned right, you should be able to feel every "bump" of the rotation of the blade. I always did it slow rolling off rocks or stumps. And a catfish will absolutely destroy the wire on one. Really aggravating when they do right after you get it tuned just right. smirk
Posted By: Clem

Re: Night time spinnerbait fishing - 08/16/18 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Stob
Colorado Blade. My favorite. Copper Blade, Black Skirt.

This, or in purple-black skirt. Nothing fancy.

Hang on to your britches, too, because when they hit it'll often be violent.
Posted By: Zkd22

Re: Night time spinnerbait fishing - 08/16/18 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by gman
When you get that bait tuned right, you should be able to feel every "bump" of the rotation of the blade. I always did it slow rolling off rocks or stumps. And a catfish will absolutely destroy the wire on one. Really aggravating when they do right after you get it tuned just right. smirk

Yeah or a 10# drum
Posted By: dnolen

Re: Night time spinnerbait fishing - 08/16/18 09:31 PM

Brass Colorado blade 5 or 7 3/8 oz. stumps and rocks. Or a 3/4-1oz with a 7 or I think 10 for fishing ledges. I don't make the 1 oz. baits I buy the ledge busters I'm not sure what blade is on them. I either throw black and blue or black with some flash.
Posted By: Sharpshooter69

Re: Night time spinnerbait fishing - 09/17/18 12:09 AM

I like a 1/2 oz with a #5 or #7 Colorado blade. Nickel blade on most nights, black on full moon nights. I prefer black and purple with a few strands of pink in the skirt. I use a dark colored Zoom Fat Albert as a trailer. I usually fish it on 15lb mono. A catfish or a drum will dang near snatch the rod out of your hand and totally destroy the wire. (I prefer 0.40 wire on Guntersville). Anywhere else I downsize to a 3/8 oz with a #5 blade and 0.35 wire. As previously mentioned, hang on to your britches if they are on it.
Posted By: .308

Re: Night time spinnerbait fishing - 09/17/18 01:17 AM

I started rethinking this subject, shad dont change colors when the sun goes down. The last night we fished I out caught my son in law, him with a black sb & me with a white. I think it has more to do with the blade than the color.
Posted By: Sharpshooter69

Re: Night time spinnerbait fishing - 09/17/18 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by .308
I started rethinking this subject, shad dont change colors when the sun goes down. The last night we fished I out caught my son in law, him with a black sb & me with a white. I think it has more to do with the blade than the color.

Bass do see better at night than a human does. I think the blade is a big factor as well. That’s why on a brighter night you will get more “blade strikes”, therefore I go to a black or black chrome blade. Never tried white at night. May just do that next time I go after them at night.

May have to trade out a saltwater trip for a good bass fishing trip since I now live on the coast and have an offshore boat. I’m thinking I’ll sell her as soon as I pay it off, buy a new Ranger, and go back to the freshwater for the green backs. Heck, anybody can catch fish in the bay or offshore. Like shooting fish in a barrel. Bass fishing on the other hand requires skills and tactics. I miss that.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM