Aldeer.com

Slime machines!

Posted By: FurFlyin

Slime machines! - 07/12/18 12:13 AM

Well, I done screwed up. Fur lite really likes catfishing. Of course, we had to clean the big flathead. I made him skin it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 01:04 AM

thumbup Below the Dam?
Posted By: klay

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 01:11 AM

I seen you pass by the river bridge ramp around lunch today. I was test running a boat with a guy.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 01:27 AM

Nice cats. Fish grips are your friend when catfishing.

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote
thumbup Below the Dam?

Yes. They're eva where. I was way below the dam though. I tried drifting in that fast water. That ain't for me. At least not unless somebody showed me how to fish that way.
Posted By: blade

Cool. Flatheads are the easiest to skin and good eating.

Originally Posted by klay
I seen you pass by the river bridge ramp around lunch today. I was test running a boat with a guy.

If I had seen you, I would have given you a mess of catfish, then I wouldn't have had to clean them. LOL

What are they doing to the southbound bridge?

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!
Nice cats. Fish grips are your friend when catfishing.

Yeah, I need to get me some of those.

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by blade

I have never been a cat fisherman. Except in a pond when I was a kid, I've never tried it, never thought I'd like it. I'm not a big fan of eating catfish unless they're less than a pound in size. I'll say this, I did have fun today and that's the first flathead I've ever cleaned. It was very easy to clean and has some pretty white meat. He also caught a flathead "squealer" as I'd call them. It was just right eating size. I just skinned it whole. I'm not sure that big one will be very good eating, but we're gonna find out.
Posted By: countryjwh

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Originally Posted by blade

I have never been a cat fisherman. Except in a pond when I was a kid, I've never tried it, never thought I'd like it. I'm not a big fan of eating catfish unless they're less than a pound in size. I'll say this, I did have fun today and that's the first flathead I've ever cleaned. It was very easy to clean and has some pretty white meat. He also caught a flathead "squealer" as I'd call them. It was just right eating size. I just skinned it whole. I'm not sure that big one will be very good eating, but we're gonna find out.

That big one will be just fine. Hopefully you got the belly meat also.

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by countryjwh

Yes. Had a buddy advise me on that. There was a lot of belly meat too.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 02:06 AM

They’re replacing the sewer line attached to the bridge. It had some corrosion. New line has some special coatings supposed to prevent that issue in the future.

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by AC870
They’re replacing the sewer line attached to the bridge. It had some corrosion. New line has some special coatings supposed to prevent that issue in the future.

thumbup
Posted By: James

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 07:22 AM

Nice! Them yellers are like eating a chicken nugget grin They're my favorite...
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by countryjwh

Yes. Had a buddy advise me on that. There was a lot of belly meat too.

I've ate flatheads over 60 lbs. I won't eat a blue over about 6.

I've grilled steaks from the belly meat on a big one before, and folks didn't know it was fish. It will stay together on the grill pretty good.

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 12:31 PM

Flatheads are good any size. All others more than a couple pounds go back.

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 02:15 PM

I may try grilling this. I really don't want to have the mess of frying it and I nominated myself to cook fish tonight....
Posted By: Clem

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 02:43 PM

Get you one of these for the big ones. It works and is worth the money. Once it's gripped on, it ain't coming loose until you turn it loose:

https://www.bogagrip.com/
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 03:23 PM

Dammit. I got to get my boat fixed. Bait?

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by TexasNative

Skipjack

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 03:33 PM

Let us know how it turns out if you grill it.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by TexasNative

Skipjack

Yeeeeahhhhhhh buddy. Catfish candy!

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 11:20 PM

I didn't grill it. I baked it. It is excellent. There was some red meat under the "silver" skin. I cut that off before cooking. I put Old Bay seasoning and salt on it.
Posted By: jono23

Re: Slime machines! - 07/12/18 11:38 PM

Looks like a ton of fun and sounds delicious. I keep trying to get my buddy to focus on some catfish but I guess I'm not convincing.
Posted By: Bigbamaboy

Re: Slime machines! - 07/13/18 12:24 AM

Millinium seats in a boat? Atta baby.

Re: Slime machines! - 07/13/18 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbamaboy

They're awesome. They are boat seats too, not tree stand seats. I would never go back to a vinyl seat.

Re: Slime machines! - 07/13/18 12:35 AM

They're awesome. They are boat seats too, not tree stand seats. I would never go back to a vinyl seat.

I’ve never seen such. I’ve sat in a millinium. Very comfortable seats.

When I get another boat, I’ll be looking for some of those seats.

Re: Slime machines! - 07/13/18 12:39 AM

I’ve never seen such. I’ve sat in a millinium. Very comfortable seats.

When I get another boat, I’ll be looking for some of those seats.

I had never heard of them until this winter. I found out about them when I was redoing my boat. They make the ones like I have and a saltwater model. Both are 400 lb rated. I have sat in both but I like the ones like mine better and that's good because they're cheaper. They are about $80 each with free shipping with Amazon prime. Cheaper than a high quality vinyl seat. Best thing about them is they aren't hot like a vinyl seat.

Re: Slime machines! - 07/13/18 12:42 AM

So one of my nephews from FL is up here for the week. He went fishing with us yesterday. He was also out there yesterday when we were cleaning fish. I think he was sort of shocked by the whole fish cleaning thing. He didn't eat supper tonight. Said he wasn't hungry. Dang city boys. LOL

Re: Slime machines! - 07/13/18 03:24 AM

So one of my nephews from FL is up here for the week. He went fishing with us yesterday. He was also out there yesterday when we were cleaning fish. I think he was sort of shocked by the whole fish cleaning thing. He didn't eat supper tonight. Said he wasn't hungry. Dang city boys. LOL

That’s one thing that has never bothered my boys. They know where meat comes from and how it gets to the table. They get some kinda strange joy from cleaning (really just helping) fish and deer. Must get it from me. I kinda enjoy taking a hanging deer and turning it into clean, sliced and wrapped meat for the freezer. I get a sense of satisfaction like I accomplished something valuable.
Posted By: .308

Re: Slime machines! - 07/13/18 09:09 AM

A buddy of mine will skin a big flathead, make 1" slices down the side then fillet off the nuggets. That is some good eating.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM