Aldeer.com

Fish Consumption Advisory - Lifted?

Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Fish Consumption Advisory - Lifted? - 06/20/18 08:35 PM

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/05/alabama_fish_consumption_advis_1.html

anybody know how long these types of advisories last? not being able to catch/eat largemouth bass at Binion creek is crampin' my style
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Fish Consumption Advisory - Lifted? - 06/20/18 09:25 PM

Probably won’t be lifted for a long long time. In 20 years we’ll probably all have to be vegetarians because no meat will be safe to eat, all because some rich arsehole wanted to save a dollar instead of disposing of their chemical waste the right way and usually the epa is letting them do it. If my memory is right, there is a certain amount of waste they let some or all factories and plants dump in the water.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Fish Consumption Advisory - Lifted? - 06/20/18 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by tfd1224
Probably won’t be lifted for a long long time. In 20 years we’ll probably all have to be vegetarians because no meat will be safe to eat, all because some rich arsehole wanted to save a dollar instead of disposing of their chemical waste the right way and usually the epa is letting them do it. If my memory is right, there is a certain amount of waste they let some or all factories and plants dump in the water.

i was almost on the jury against russell atheletics in alexander city bc of this very issue back in the lat 90's . But i got out of it!
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Fish Consumption Advisory - Lifted? - 06/21/18 12:19 AM

There isn't ONE bit of industry along Town Creek on Lake Guntersville. It's on the list for Mercury. Mercury that naturally occurs in the soil.

I'm completely against industries dumping waste or allowing run off into our rivers, but that's not where some of this is coming from. Now the Widows creek (I think that's right) part up north of Scottsboro is because of whatever is getting pumped in there.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM