Aldeer.com

Some cool chit for the crappies

Posted By: tfd1224

Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/20/18 06:45 PM

I found this fire dye at 2 different Walmarts in the clearance section. I wanted to try it last year when i saw it on Facebook but it was about 13 bucks a bottle. I found it at Walmart for 3 and was able to buy about 8 bottles of it between 2 stores. They also make red and blue but i only wanted the chartreuse because of the way it makes the minners stand out. They look like a freakin glow stick. The crappie went crazy over it the first time i used it. Gonna try it out again tonight. Also if anyone wants to tag along tonight and hopefully catch some 2 lb crappie at lay lake then send me a pm.
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/20/18 07:04 PM

so you just drop it in the minnow bucket and they absorb it?

Dr. B
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/20/18 07:05 PM

That is wild!
Posted By: Stob

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/20/18 07:09 PM

Chernobyl minners.
Posted By: Broken Arrow

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/20/18 07:27 PM

After mixing and Dyeing a batch of minnows ,can the dye water be saved for future use?
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/20/18 07:45 PM

That's cool. We have used the red kind on grubs for inshore fishing. It will stain your boat!!

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/20/18 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
so you just drop it in the minnow bucket and they absorb it?

Dr. B

No, you mix it in a little water in a different container and leave them in it for 15 minutes.

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/20/18 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Arrow
After mixing and Dyeing a batch of minnows ,can the dye water be saved for future use?

Don’t know but I’m going to try it.

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/20/18 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by toothdoc
That's cool. We have used the red kind on grubs for inshore fishing. It will stain your boat!!

This actually washes off stuff that you get it on

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/20/18 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by tfd1224

This actually washes off stuff that you get it on

Gotta get some. The stuff we used would not come off hands, seats, floor, you name it.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/20/18 08:06 PM

pretty darn neat

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/20/18 08:11 PM

Just looked it up on line and something different. Go ahead and take my money. Think a bass would hammer a flouresent bream?

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/20/18 08:26 PM

Just looked it up on line and something different. Go ahead and take my money. Think a bass would hammer a flouresent bream?

Most likely. I know it will stand out from the rest of them.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/21/18 12:23 AM

That is really cool. Exactly how did you dye the minners? I read you put them in a smaller thing of water. How small and how much dye mixed in the water?
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/21/18 12:28 AM

Going to have to give this a try
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/21/18 01:57 AM

Well, you learn something new every day. I'll have to try that.

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/21/18 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
That is really cool. Exactly how did you dye the minners? I read you put them in a smaller thing of water. How small and how much dye mixed in the water?

1 bottle of dye and 3 bottles of water i dye them in a mason jar with an aerator going in it. Leave them in for 15 minutes

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/21/18 12:07 PM

Thanks. I read some reviews online and it said the dyed minnows only lived about 12 hours. Did you notice they didn't live as long?

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/21/18 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Thanks. I read some reviews online and it said the dyed minnows only lived about 12 hours. Did you notice they didn't live as long?

I’ve kept them until after the dye wore off. I’ll go downstairs in a minute and see how many are floating. I didn’t use that many last night because fishing sucked.

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/21/18 02:23 PM

Zero dead since 2:00 this morning. Dyed them at 1:00 pm yesterday

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/21/18 02:57 PM

thumbup
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/21/18 04:40 PM

Uhhh, yes. Big goldfish will kill the bass. For a while they were specifically listed in the regs as being illegal for use as bait in FL. Not sure if they still are called out in the regs but, yeah, I'd bet my last dollar a bass would crush a fluorescent bluegill.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/21/18 05:48 PM

Neat
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/21/18 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by abolt300

Uhhh, yes. Big goldfish will kill the bass. For a while they were specifically listed in the regs as being illegal for use as bait in FL. Not sure if they still are called out in the regs but, yeah, I'd bet my last dollar a bass would crush a fluorescent bluegill.

Or a big ol mean flathead
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Some cool chit for the crappies - 06/22/18 02:43 AM

So did you notice the crappie hitting the special minnows better?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM