Aldeer.com

Bluegill

Posted By: AC870

Bluegill - 06/16/18 05:23 PM

It’s a tad late in the season for the place we fished this morning but we caught over 100. Kinda had to weed through some pipsqueaks to get to nicer fish. Mary had not got to go in several weeks so it was good for her to get out. A catfish tested the ultralight. All in all, a good morning but it got hot fast!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Reno

Re: Bluegill - 06/16/18 06:08 PM

Aint nothing like getting on them big goldies thumbup
Posted By: IDOT

Re: Bluegill - 06/16/18 10:03 PM

thumbupooo
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Bluegill - 06/16/18 10:06 PM

thumbup I've fished that same place all along there and caught some good ones. There's some crappie structure in a couple of places along there.
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Bluegill - 06/16/18 10:13 PM

My brother and I went last week and caught a bunch of good shellcracker, and about 8 or 10 catfish same size as that one...it was a good day, except that I'm peeling like a snake from the sunburn, right now!
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Bluegill - 06/16/18 10:27 PM

Good going!
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Bluegill - 06/16/18 10:32 PM

Dang i cant wait til i feel better. Wife, kid and i are normally out there tearing them up. I like bass fishing but i think i have more fun getting a 1/3 of a night crawler on a little hook with a bobber and fishin the banks. You might catch a cat or bass, you just never know exactly what your gonna catch. I catch some hoss blue gill in some areas on that lake. If that bobber dont go under rite when it hits the water....we keep moving til we find a good spot. We use to catch 150 in a few hours years ago. Im just getting back in the game and love it. We been catchin some big cats in some areas. Im gonna be targetting monster cats when we get burned out of blue gill and bass fishin. Then when the fall hits....we will be on them monster stripe!
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Bluegill - 06/16/18 11:13 PM

Is that a long eared or red breasted sunfish that Ms Mary is holding in the last picture? “Red Bellies” may be the 2nd best eating freshwater fish Ive ever had. Second only to Sauger
Posted By: AC870

Re: Bluegill - 06/16/18 11:50 PM

I believe it is a longear.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM