Aldeer.com

Here she is.

Posted By: countryjwh

Here she is. - 05/30/18 01:14 AM

He needs some tlc but that ain’t no issue. I grew up on this boat and learned what I know from this boat diving and fishing. Neighbor has had it from new. His knees have gotten bad and it hasn’t been moved in three years. Well. My brother, Neighbor, and I came to a great deal from him and looks like we will continue the killings that took place on this boat. It may be ready this year but really shooting for next year having it ready in the beginning of the year.

[Linked Image]image upload no limit
Posted By: jbc

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 01:16 AM

Nice!
Posted By: woodduck

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 01:34 AM

Nice. I miss hitting the gulf on wknds. Nothing like it.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 01:39 AM

Nice boat bub .
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 02:05 AM

That's a beast.

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 02:15 AM

For the boat mechanics, shade tree or professional, what do you recommend on the motors, I know we are going to replace all oils/lubricants, replace fuel hoses, new fuel, water pump, and clean replace the filters in the hpdi engines before even thinking about trying to crank them. I know they were running like a top last time out.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 02:25 AM

id have that sucker in the water this weekend. very nice boat and great motors too

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by tfd1224
id have that sucker in the water this weekend. very nice boat and great motors too

Yea. I plan on fishing her this year but I got to pinch my pennies to get what I want. I like to deep drop and play in the dark so will take a bit to get her like we want. But very possible to have her fishing in a few months.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 02:40 AM

Thats a big boat with some power it looks like. Nice!
Posted By: Peach

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 02:40 AM

Nice! Is that the 27? I used to know the boys that made those boats pretty well. We do a lot of deep dropping as well.

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Peach
Nice! Is that the 27? I used to know the boys that made those boats pretty well. We do a lot of deep dropping as well.

No. I could only wish. That’s really what we wanted but the 24 will have to do.
Posted By: Peach

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 02:53 AM

I have fished out of the 24 and the 27 quite a bit. You can do a lot out of the 24. You just have to pick your days.

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 02:53 AM

Tear it down to the bare hull and redo EVERYSINGLETHING! Oh wait, no don't do that. LOL

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Peach
I have fished out of the 24 and the 27 quite a bit. You can do a lot out of the 24. You just have to pick your days.

Oh yeah. I have fished this boat a many of times. She will handle a lot more than I want. I’m a fair weather fisherman. I don’t hate em enough to go get beat up.

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Tear it down to the bare hull and redo EVERYSINGLETHING! Oh wait, no don't do that. LOL

grin
At least there ain’t no carpet.

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by countryjwh

grin
At least there ain’t no carpet.

Then I AIN'T going, unless I bring my rug.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 02:06 PM

That's a beast.

apparently its a he-she
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Here she is. - 05/30/18 02:28 PM

Nice!

Re: Here she is. - 06/18/18 01:32 AM

Started the cleaning on the boat. Gonna take a little bit but we will get her there.

[Linked Image]

[u[Linked Image]rl=https://postimg.cc/image/e3mpthz8n/][Linked Image][/url]

Re: Here she is. - 06/18/18 01:58 AM

Wow, that sure makes a difference. Looking good. You got the motors running yet?

Oh, and I think you could put at least 32 rod holders on that. She'd make a fine deeper water crappie boat. laugh

Re: Here she is. - 06/18/18 02:06 AM

Wow, that sure makes a difference. Looking good. You got the motors running yet?

Oh, and I think you could put at least 32 rod holders on that. She'd make a fine deeper water crappie boat. laugh

Gonna look funny trolling for white perch with outriggers. Probably all I can afford after getting her ready. The motors are not running yet. Let me rephrase that. I have not even tried to turn them over so they may run perfectly. I want all filters, injectors, etc changed or cleaned and I was gonna do it myself but changed my mind. Gonna take it to a professional. I know the gas is bad also. The gauge that sits on top of the tank is broke and it’s full of gas and water. Got to get that out too.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Here she is. - 06/18/18 02:36 AM

Was that cleaning just bleach and pressure washer because it was kind of incredible.
Posted By: Bigbamaboy

Re: Here she is. - 06/18/18 02:36 AM

Man. That’s awesome. I love the water, and being on the water. I live about 20 min from Lake Guntersville and learned what little I know from that water. I used to stay out there, especially loved being on the water at night.

The last 4 years I’ve found myself working like a dog and my boat is in terrible shape. It’s just a 16’ with a Yamaha 50, but I still enjoyed it. I pulled it up to the house and was fixing to totally redo it, but life happens. I’ve got the floor torn out and that’s it. I may just wait and get a bigger hull bc I’ve got 3 boys.

Anyway, I’ve rambled on to say congratulations on the boat and I hope you get it just like you like it. You only live once and you better enjoy it. Don’t wait and get out there!

Re: Here she is. - 06/18/18 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by AC870
Was that cleaning just bleach and pressure washer because it was kind of incredible.

I tried spraying some bleach and mean green on it a few days ago and scrubbing it but that was it. Today was just power washing with nothing else added.
I’m gonna try to keep this post running on how everything is going. I’ll get a complete picture when it’s all washed.
Posted By: James

Re: Here she is. - 06/18/18 03:03 AM

Gonna look funny trolling for white perch with outriggers. Probably all I can afford after getting her ready. The motors are not running yet. Let me rephrase that. I have not even tried to turn them over so they may run perfectly. I want all filters, injectors, etc changed or cleaned and I was gonna do it myself but changed my mind. Gonna take it to a professional. I know the gas is bad also. The gauge that sits on top of the tank is broke and it’s full of gas and water. Got to get that out too.

I've seen a few that size around millers ferry rofl One guy runs a big ole Carolina skiff that looks like a damn barge coming down the river lol.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Here she is. - 06/18/18 03:03 AM

That'll sure nuff be a great boat when you get it ready. I can already picture it sitting under a rig in the gulf lit up in the dark and rods bent. thumbup

Re: Here she is. - 06/18/18 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by metalmuncher
That'll sure nuff be a great boat when you get it ready. I can already picture it sitting under a rig in the gulf lit up in the dark and rods bent. thumbup

Or divers rolling off the side. Either or. grin
Posted By: hunting13

Re: Here she is. - 06/18/18 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Shaneomac2
[quote=FurFlyin]That's a beast.

And it is a giant boat... that is him standing between the boat and the truck
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Here she is. - 06/18/18 02:46 PM

That thing is bad. I'm tuned in on the project.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Here she is. - 06/19/18 03:13 AM

What motors are on the boat? Lols like 200 HPDIs.. What part of South Alabama you located in?

Re: Here she is. - 06/19/18 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by gatorbait154
What motors are on the boat? Lols like 200 HPDIs.. What part of South Alabama you located in?

there 150's. i would love to have the 200s. West Mobile.

Re: Here she is. - 06/20/18 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by hunting13
Originally Posted by Shaneomac2
[quote=FurFlyin]That's a beast.

And it is a giant boat... that is him standing between the boat and the truck

I had to go back and look. Thats funny there. LOL

Re: Here she is. - 06/21/18 12:07 AM

Been working with a scrub brush today and power washer a little. Gonna work on gas tanks tomorrow and attempting to get cowlings off tomorrow. One has a stick latch and the other I broke a latch. Don’t look good for that one.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Here she is. - 06/21/18 12:16 AM

Man that's looking good. Tear those motors apart! Ain't nothing but a thang!
Posted By: bama7x57

Re: Here she is. - 06/21/18 12:32 AM

A Magic Eraser will likely get those last few stains off.
My Cape Horn is only 7 feet shorter than yours...

Re: Here she is. - 06/21/18 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by bama7x57
A Magic Eraser will likely get those last few stains off.
My Cape Horn is only 7 feet shorter than yours...

Yep. That’s the plan tomorrow. Didn’t have any at the house. Magic erasers are a life saver.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Here she is. - 07/02/18 04:22 AM

Pressure washer....fix t top.....fish. Ooooooooooo diddy....ide hurtem in dat tang.

Re: Here she is. - 07/23/18 09:49 PM

Well. Been busy with work. Finally got the gas pumped out then flushed out both tanks again with some fresh gas and hopefully got most the junk out. One side was mostly water with the sending unit off the top and the other tank looked like pine sol with the old gas. After flushing it looked a lot better. Greased all the bearings but Gonna change them out after I get motors running. Also finally got the cowlings off since the latches were froze up. After drilling holes, looks like I shot it with buck shot on a few latches. Going to the mechanic tomorrow. Hopefully I will kill some jacks this year with it.
[Linked Image]
Measure twice. Cut once right. Went with what a mechanic told me on first hole. Realized he was wrong then I went to the wrong side on the next hole. Stupid me.
[Linked Image]

Re: Here she is. - 07/23/18 11:57 PM

Looking good. A little JB Weld in those holes, with a dab of clear spray paint over them and they'll barely be noticeable.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Here she is. - 07/24/18 12:43 AM

Congratulations! That’s a fine looking Cape Horn!

Re: Here she is. - 07/24/18 12:57 AM

Looking good. A little JB Weld in those holes, with a dab of clear spray paint over them and they'll barely be noticeable.

So you think jb weld will work? I’d love to have an easy solution like that. I was just thinking 1/2 inch plugs of some sort.

Re: Here she is. - 07/24/18 01:11 AM

Any advice on fixing small fiberglass dings?
Posted By: auburn17

Re: Here she is. - 07/24/18 02:32 AM

It might be a little late now, but if you want to clean that boat extremely easy go to West Marine and buy some On and Off. Apply with a sponge and let it sit for 2-3 minutes, hose off. It will actually clean the trailer too. It will need wax when you are done, but it probably needs it anyway.

Be warned, wear old clothes. It has acid and will eat through a pair of Columbia shorts in a heartbeat.

Congrats on a tank of a boat. I have fished on Cape Horn 17, 19, 21, 24, and 31’s. They are all fishing machines
Posted By: rulebreaker

Re: Here she is. - 07/24/18 01:41 PM

I wanna smell some smoke!!!!

Re: Here she is. - 07/25/18 12:00 AM

I said JB weld because I thought it would match the color close enough if you put some clear coat or clear spray paint on it.

You could definitely fix the holes with "kitty hair" bondo. It's a bluish color too so it might match good enough with clear on it.

It's not real easy to color match Yamahamer blue.

Re: Here she is. - 07/25/18 12:10 AM

Yeah... ain’t got to be perfect, close will work as long as it’s functional. Hope fully a few years I can afford a couple 200s. Just dropped it off at the mechanic. He seemed very optimistic but said there was a little corrosion but nothing that can’t be fixed. We will see. Stay tuned.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Here she is. - 07/26/18 09:23 PM

I'm not even a boat person and I'm excited for you as you get this thing ready! Looks great so far!

Dr. B

Re: Here she is. - 07/27/18 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
I'm not even a boat person and I'm excited for you as you get this thing ready! Looks great so far!

Dr. B

Thanks!
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Here she is. - 07/27/18 04:22 PM

You better change all three fuel filters on each engine because if not, you will have to new new high pressure pumps sooner or later. The filters are expensive, for what you need with be $300 or so, but the pumps are $1600 a piece. Those filters are an absolute must every year for those engines

Re: Here she is. - 07/27/18 05:12 PM

Which three ? I know of the bay and we talked about that one only cause I asked. The mechanic said he’s going to do 100 hour service and check all pumps and what not. Reckon it’s covwred in that? He did say he would replace all filters though but I don’t know how many that consisted of.

Re: Here she is. - 07/27/18 11:44 PM

I'm kinda like Eyedoc, I wanna see pics of this thing headed out of the pass with the throttle open. Or better yet, a pic with you or your kids holding up a huge Cobia, Snapper or Grouper. I'm in your corner buddy.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Here she is. - 07/27/18 11:53 PM

Which three ? I know of the bay and we talked about that one only cause I asked. The mechanic said he’s going to do 100 hour service and check all pumps and what not. Reckon it’s covwred in that? He did say he would replace all filters though but I don’t know how many that consisted of.

There’s an in-line strainer directly above the VST, it’s $100. Then the filter that mounts to the electric fuel pump inside the vst, $35. Then the canister filter. Plus 10 micron filters in the boat
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Here she is. - 08/01/18 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13

There’s an in-line strainer directly above the VST, it’s $100. Then the filter that mounts to the electric fuel pump inside the vst, $35. Then the canister filter. Plus 10 micron filters in the boat

This!!

Re: Here she is. - 08/03/18 01:48 AM

Mechanic called. Not so good news. He said compression was good but the hi pressure pumps are shot on each motor. Yep. The expensive one. I really think I can get one after you cross reference thenpukps numbers for half the cost though. He’s getting power to them but they ain’t hitting on nothing. Also said my gas tanks are warped. Said he can’t get the sending unit to stay tight and thinks my best option is new tanks. That’s not cheap since you have to cut out the floor. Don’t know what to do. Gonna think on it a couple days I reckon.
Posted By: auburn17

Re: Here she is. - 08/06/18 01:14 AM

When you fill the tanks up again shouldn’t that mold the tanks back to how they used to be, or at least close? I don’t think I would replace tanks, at most I can’t see it robbing you but about 5 gallons per tank at most

Re: Here she is. - 08/06/18 01:38 AM

Yea. I don’t think I am. I talked to Cape Horn and they didn’t think it to be an issue.

Re: Here she is. - 08/11/18 03:32 PM

Well. I got the parts ordered and be here Monday it sounds like. I think I gonna have pretty much every pump, filter, and hose new. Also he’s fixing the back sending unit and also going to run New pick ups to both tanks and make them where I can pull from either tank on either motor with some valve installment. I will fix the fron tank sending unit. From what Cape Horn said It should be that difficult. I’ll have to cut a bigger hole probably like a 6 inch instead of the 4 that’s there but I can get a cover for that. He said motors should be running Wednesday. Fingers crossed.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM