Aldeer.com

Pigeon Forge area fishing

Posted By: countryjwh

Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/23/18 03:27 AM

In laws bought a house in pigeon forge. There are a few creeks or streams that run through the property and surrounding areas in the neighborhood. Would love to fish and catch something in them. It would be with light spinning tackle if I had the option. Any advice? Even if I had to travel somewhere else. We are going up there next month. Also what would be here to catch? Assuming some type of trout.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/23/18 11:51 AM

Probably rainbows a little rooster tail is what if throw
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/23/18 09:15 PM

Corn trout hook and a split shot is all you need
Posted By: Stob

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/23/18 09:30 PM

Black or Brown UL Rooster tail with a gold blade.
Berkley Gulp makes some lil maggots and worms
that work pretty good too.
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/23/18 11:06 PM

Salmon eggs
Posted By: inatree

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/24/18 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck

Exactly!

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/24/18 02:20 AM

thanks folks. anything to look for.. will i see the fish? fish the eddies from the rocks? deep holes?
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/24/18 02:38 AM

For the most part feeding trout make their living in the seams between fast and slow current.You may see them rising on a hatch,or stationary in the water. Just remember they can see you too.Lots of variables, but with a small river or creek,you shouldn't have a problem covering all of it. Keep your line light(2-6lb test),with just enough lead to tick the bottom.Make your casts upstream and keep your rod high as the bait flows with the current.
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/24/18 07:34 PM

Get a 3-4wt fly rod, and throw some tiny dries
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/25/18 03:18 AM

They stock Rainbow trout two times a week in the creeks around town for fishing. Go fish around every bridge as that is where they stock them. I caught one was a 3lb trout. You can't fish day of stocking but can the next day.
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/25/18 02:27 PM

How much is a fishing license?
Posted By: doekiller

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/25/18 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck

That isn’t legal bait on some of the streams. You need to check and make sure.
Posted By: Super Dave

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/26/18 08:05 PM

I fish the National Park. With a park license you can also fish in the park on the North Carolina side. The park has only wild fish. Stocking in the park stopped in the late 80's if I recall correctly. In the park you are limited to a single hook and artificial lures, no bait. The park trout are picky about fly presentation, has to match the drift of the current (fly fishing). It is cool when you do catch one, especially a native brook trout. Don't expect big fish either a 6 to 8 inch brookie is a good catch. Be stealthy as you move along the creek. if the fish see you they won't bite. Waders are a plus. You can fish without them in the summer time but legs get cold. There are miles and mile of fishable water in the park, limited only by how far you want to get off the beaten path. Gatlinburg does stock as mentioned above and you have to get a city license as well to fish in the city limits. There are a few sites on the internet that can help you out with tips and techniques.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 04/27/18 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Snuffy
How much is a fishing license?

Last time I bought one I think the state license was about $40. non resident, for a 3 day all species to include Trout. I don't remember for a Gatlinburg or a park license. That was 3 or 4 years ago, so may be more now.

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 05/18/18 06:01 PM

Welp. Going to try my luck tomorrow.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 05/19/18 04:28 AM

Go get em. Good luck.

Re: Pigeon Forge area fishing - 05/20/18 12:49 AM

[Linked Image]

On a dry fly. It was fun. But honestly ain’t my kind of fishing. I’ll probably go again but it ain’t like a bream bed smashing or perch jerking trip.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM