Aldeer.com

Shakey Head

Posted By: mauvilla

Shakey Head - 04/21/18 02:59 PM

Never fished a shakey head and a finesse worm until yesterday. We have two smaller lakes we have permission to fish . Went there yesterday and tore the bass up on them. It will defiantly be a new go to .
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Shakey Head - 04/21/18 04:35 PM

Shakey head is my go to.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 03:31 AM

I throw a trick worm on mine
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Beadlescomb
I throw a trick worm on mine

I was looking at the trick worm
And wondered how they would do

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 05:06 AM

I dont own a finesse worn I throw the netbaits super tmac in them and it's bigger than a trick worm. Alot more action from the bigger worms
Posted By: AC870

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 01:17 PM

I dont own a finesse worn I throw the netbaits super tmac in them and it's bigger than a trick worm. Alot more action from the bigger worms

What colors you like?
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 01:23 PM

I like the flirt from reaction innovations if I have to throw a shakey head
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 01:52 PM

I like the Zoom Trick(no salt) , usually redbud, Cali 420 or big Texan colors or Berkley Havoc Bottom Hopper, similar colors.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Berkley_Havoc_Larry_Nixon_Bottom_Hopper_625_12pk/descpage-HBH.html

Owner Ultrahead, usually 1/8 oz, :

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Owner_Shakey_Ultrahead_4pk/descpage-OSUH.html
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 02:09 PM

I use Yum Dinger, NED, and anything that size. There are a couple of regular worms I use in summer that have a lot of tail action the spots like.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 02:20 PM

Reaction innovations dirty sanches flirt screwed on a spot remover with the tail dipped.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 02:29 PM

I’m trying to add this to the arsenal.
Do you just drag and pause on the retrieve?
I don’t feel a lot of contact with the bottom when I throw it and I stepped up to quarter oz weight.

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 04:40 PM

Uhh; shake it
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 06:00 PM

I never knew what a shaky head was until about this time last year. Until them I always fished either a Texas or Carolina rig. A shaky head is my go to now though before anything else.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 06:41 PM

Wew, the color is RED BUG, not red bud. I never use over a 1/8oz. I like smaller worms. 4" senko green pumpkin/chart tail. I love to drop it next to bridge pilings, or behind if there is current. Regular Zoom finesse worms are the old standard for me. I mostly use a shakey head on spot lakes.

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by AC870

What colors you like?

Green pumpkin I dont buy anything else
Posted By: Clem

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by wew3006
Uhh; shake it

I fished with Iaconelli once and we discussed this. He said between the natural movement of our bodies - you cannot hold perfectly still - and often the rocking of the boat, you'll get enough movement with the worm on the bottom. If any movement is used it would be very small and subtle. A hard pop makes a shaky worm really really jump hard.

Not that I wouldn't try that to see if it works, but he said subtle typically is the best option. Ditto with a drop shot.

Re: Shakey Head - 04/22/18 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Clem
Originally Posted by wew3006
Uhh; shake it

I fished with Iaconelli once and we discussed this. He said between the natural movement of our bodies - you cannot hold perfectly still - and often the rocking of the boat, you'll get enough movement with the worm on the bottom. If any movement is used it would be very small and subtle. A hard pop makes a shaky worm really really jump hard.

Not that I wouldn't try that to see if it works, but he said subtle typically is the best option. Ditto with a drop shot.

PJ, mistyped, Red Bug is the color

Clem, when I "shake it" it is really subtle like a 1-2" move of my wrist. I like the light weight like PJ, usually 1/8oz and let it drop nd twitch with a slack line so the fish feels no resistance. I fish them on flouro and Loomis GLX and you will get a soft pick up feel or the line just swims away. I fish it slow; in a hurry; if you know what I mean.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Shakey Head - 04/23/18 12:14 AM

Yep, more of just a twitch or just to make the tail wiggle, more than a hard shake or pop. I enjoy throwing it because it catches a wide range of sizes.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM