Aldeer.com

I'm worn out but it was fun.

Posted By: FurFlyin

I'm worn out but it was fun. - 04/21/18 03:12 AM

I took a customer fishing today. I wanted to crappie fish, but since he was the guest I asked him what he wanted to fish for. He said he didn't care what we caught, he'd just like to go after whatever I thought we'd catch the most of and he'd prefer to single pole fish instead of longlining. Well, that pretty much ruled out crappie fishing for me. I went Wednesday afternoon and only caught one casting a jig, then caught several longlining.

So what to fish for this time of year on the Big G when numbers are all that matters? White bass.

I'm telling you guys, my arms feel like they're full of lead. We caught more dang yellow bass than we did white bass, but we caught way over 200 fish in 5 1/2 hours. I've caught that many in a shorter period of time, but it's been a long time since I've done that.

I think pound for pound, in current, nothing is going to outpull a decent sized White Bass.
Posted By: jb20

Re: I'm worn out but it was fun. - 04/21/18 04:17 AM

Dang.. bet that was fun
Posted By: .308

Re: I'm worn out but it was fun. - 04/21/18 08:34 AM

Good job Fur!
Posted By: Drake322

Re: I'm worn out but it was fun. - 04/21/18 10:15 AM

thumbup
Posted By: CAM

Re: I'm worn out but it was fun. - 04/21/18 12:42 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Stob

Re: I'm worn out but it was fun. - 04/21/18 12:54 PM

Yes, The Saltwater Stripes Little Bro.
Lots of fun!!!
Posted By: IDOT

Re: I'm worn out but it was fun. - 04/21/18 11:03 PM

What is a saltwater striped bass?
Posted By: IDOT

Re: I'm worn out but it was fun. - 04/21/18 11:04 PM

Good job fur.... thumbup
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: I'm worn out but it was fun. - 04/24/18 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by IDOT
What is a saltwater striped bass?

a regular striper. you know, the only fish in the lake that actually fights, and commonly reaches weights of 30 to 50 lbs. the landlocked saltwater striper world record of just under 70 lbs was caught a couple years ago here in bama and blew everyones mind because they though it would come from the cumberland river in tennessee or kentucky.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM