Aldeer.com

Possible world record out of Blount county

Posted By: Reno

Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 04:59 PM

Here's a link to the story
http://m.wbrc.com/story/37708162/big-fish-al-man-awaiting-official-word-on-world-record-catch
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 05:27 PM

big cat
Posted By: William

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 06:10 PM

There's no way this dude didn't eat that fish.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 07:12 PM

I believe the current record is north of 80 pounds......
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
I believe the current record is north of 80 pounds......

World record is 143 lbs. I don't see a current 14-lb line class record for blue cats on the IGFA site -

http://wrec.igfa.org/WRecordsList.aspx?lc=Species&cn=Catfish,%20blue
Posted By: Clem

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 07:45 PM

This horribly written story said he'd checked with the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame in Wisconsin, not the IGFA. That's two different organizations.

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Clem

This horribly written story said he'd checked with the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame in Wisconsin, not the IGFA. That's two different organizations.

Man nothing gets by you does it? smile

But yes it is pretty poorly written.
Posted By: whack-n-stack

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 08:39 PM

The state record was 120 and some change and took up a whole Tacoma tailgate. I'd be surprised if that fish was even 80.

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 08:42 PM

I just looked at IGFA site and two of my fly rod world records still stand. One of my wifes also.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 09:05 PM

Not trying to pee on the parade, but that fish does not look like 80 lbs.

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Stob
Not trying to pee on the parade, but that fish does not look like 80 lbs.

I thought the same thing. Not taking anything away from the dude bc that's a big ol' cat, but I don't see 80 lbs.
Posted By: BuckRidge17

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 09:26 PM

Dosent look 80, but most of my big cats have been yella cats. There head makes them look heavier than the really are. But Blues are pretty heavy for their body size. So maybe it is 80
Posted By: Reno

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 09:29 PM

Did y'all read the story? Supposedly it was caught on 14lb line... That's what makes it a record if everything is as it says
Posted By: jbc

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 10:25 PM

Probably had a 40lb scale and weighed it twice
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 10:28 PM

i thought smith lake had some that would consider this one a minner? or so ive been told.lol
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/13/18 10:54 PM

Big fish but it's not 80 # . I'd say 45 ish . There must not be any current or submerged trees in that lake. I think a guy landed a 40 stripe there last spring with 12# line from the bank on a bass setup. That's hard for me to belive.

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!
Big fish but it's not 80 # . I'd say 45 ish . There must not be any current or submerged trees in that lake. I think a guy landed a 40 stripe there last spring with 12# line from the bank on a bass setup. That's hard for me to belive.

Blues will roll over and float up once they make a good initial run. I wouldn’t believe it if it was a flathead.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 01:34 AM

Meh. I was just expecting more. I saw an 80 lb cat once. Well. I think it was 80. Scales went 76 and tail was still on floor. [Linked Image]

I just like pulling that picture.
I know nothing about catfish, except I have a friend who does and he let me tag along one day.
I don’t even like catfish.
The largemouth bass is the King of freshwater sportfishing.
Note: No catfish were harmed in the making of this photo.

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 01:45 AM

I'd have to see a certified scale hit 80 with the 14-pound test line possibility. I don't believe it's 80 but think it's more than 50.

Great blue, AC!
Posted By: jono23

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by mcninja

Daggum. Maybe I should start writing for outdoor online sources. Some of this stuff is worse than Buzzfeed.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 02:38 AM

Maybe it's written backwards. Looks like a nice bluecat caught an 80lb man.

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by jono23
Originally Posted by mcninja

Daggum. Maybe I should start writing for outdoor online sources. Some of this stuff is worse than Buzzfeed.

It's written by 25-year-olds who don't know chit about the outdoors and are trying too hard, and who have no editorial oversight.

It's why our "local news" has stories about a 2-seater airplane crash in Idaho or a Jerkin' the Gerkin' Festival in Vermont. No one in a TV newsroom is old enough or empowered enough to say "Hell no, you're not doing that. Rewrite this story."
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 02:48 AM

I could have fished for that fish while piddling on the Bham water works property that joined the club I use to be in.
Posted By: paulfish4570

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 02:54 AM

might be 80 pounds if that guy is 6-7 and 300 pounds ...
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 04:03 AM

That fish doesn’t look like it weighs 40 lbs

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 04:04 AM

Ida put some lotion on before grapplin that guppie
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by whack-n-stack
Originally Posted by !shiloh!

Blues will roll over and float up once they make a good initial run. I wouldn’t believe it if it was a flathead.

Shiloh has caught 1 or 2 good blues. Probably 1 or 2 this morning and 1 or 2 yesterday lol. That striper was 43 lbs. how many good blues you caught on light gear whack and stack? I caught a 43 pounder last year on 30 lb braid with 20 lb flouro leader on a med heavy veritas spinning rod that didn’t get that 1 run and submit memo.

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 10:14 AM

I haven’t ever caught a good blue on light gear, but I’ve caught plenty on 30lb mono.

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 02:32 PM

I have caught a 67# blue that is still a IGFA world record on 6# tippet, that fish is bigger than my 67 pounder.

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 02:36 PM

I have caught a 67# blue that is still a IGFA world record on 6# tippet, that fish is bigger than my 67 pounder.

That is nuts. How long did it take you to land it?

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 02:41 PM

one hour and fifteen minutes, took three folks to net it at the bank.

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 02:42 PM

Very very cool.
Posted By: jono23

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 02:56 PM

I want to go fly fishing with you shocked
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/14/18 09:47 PM

I feel uneducated after reading that story
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/15/18 12:57 AM

Just wondering, what is the ifga record striper on 4lb test, alabama or world?

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/15/18 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by jwalker77
Just wondering, what is the ifga record striper on 4lb test, alabama or world?

44 pounds out of Watts Bar Tn.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/15/18 02:20 AM

Im thinkin 35-45 pounds. I sure dont see 80. Not even 60
Posted By: Jasper4531

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/16/18 02:19 AM

I was there for this fish being landed in the video I’m the guy standing beside the guy picture does no justice! I’m 6’7 300 lbs do not know the guy at all just launched my boat and was there for anything he needed it was a giant y’all can say what y’all want but the fish was took with the angler and a county sheriff to a certified scale and was weighed with county law enforcement for it to be qualified as record I had to meet guy Monday to fill out paperwork as to what rod he was using and my accounts of events for paperwork in Wisconsin was a great fish and guy said was one of best moments of his life seemed like a decent guy
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/16/18 02:28 AM

Im happy for the guy. I hope it all checks out but the pics are piss poor but that being said it's hard to hold an 80 # cat out like a 5# bass..
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/16/18 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
Im thinkin 35-45 pounds. I sure dont see 80. Not even 60

That thing is all of 80 lbs its just harder to make an 80lbs fish look bigger on camera because you cant hold it out at arms length to make it look bigger like everyone does with bass. This one is at least 55 https://photos.app.goo.gl/GVPBHOP0WWBA5dot2 we put it on the scale at the fish camp and it bottomed out the scales that maxed 45 that was about 10 years ago though i look like a damn baby in that picture

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/16/18 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jasper4531
I was there for this fish being landed in the video I’m the guy standing beside the guy picture does no justice! I’m 6’7 300 lbs do not know the guy at all just launched my boat and was there for anything he needed it was a giant y’all can say what y’all want but the fish was took with the angler and a county sheriff to a certified scale and was weighed with county law enforcement for it to be qualified as record I had to meet guy Monday to fill out paperwork as to what rod he was using and my accounts of events for paperwork in Wisconsin was a great fish and guy said was one of best moments of his life seemed like a decent guy

Holy punctuation Batman!
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Possible world record out of Blount county - 03/17/18 05:21 AM

Yeup. Pics dont do justice most of the time
© 2024 ALDEER.COM