Aldeer.com

ALDEER get together

Posted By: bankhead

ALDEER get together - 02/16/18 04:06 PM

Around mid May we all need to get together like we did years ago at guntersville. But somewhere mid state where it would be closer for most of us. Maybe smith or Logan Martin I’m down for anywhere. Maybe do a tournament and a fish fry.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/16/18 04:30 PM

may is always booked for me. But wil ltry and make the cookout part if possible.!
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/16/18 04:55 PM

I'm down with it. Let's plan it and go.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/16/18 05:24 PM

I'm down but #3 is due late may so I'll have to wait and see.

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/17/18 02:56 PM

Smith or where?
Posted By: Reno

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/17/18 05:19 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me.. I prefer Logan Martin for the better fishing and the water isn't as rough as smith lake from the pleasure boaters
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/17/18 05:46 PM

Keep coming further South boyz! Further South!!!! Maybe Millers Ferry And James can host it. I hear he'd be happy to cook for about a hunerd goobers! rofl

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/17/18 06:40 PM

Where would be a central location for everyone?
Posted By: Ben2

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/17/18 09:27 PM

I probably cant come anyway but warrior river or lay lake are about as central as it gets

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/18/18 12:23 AM

Central is irrelevant, before they've been on Guntersville that sure isn't central! Martin, Millers come South you yankees! grin
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/19/18 07:12 PM

I suggested ANYTHING south of B'ham a few years ago and was almost burned in effigy by the North Alabama crowd. Lake Martin or anything Clanton or south sounds good to me.

Holy Ground campground between Mtgy and Selma off 80? Pretty centralized, and shouldn't be too hard to get reservations. I don't think it fills up real often.

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/19/18 09:37 PM

Great suggestions Robert! Yeah, the guys in North bammer can drive. In the words of the immortal Monty Hall,Come on down!
Posted By: Reno

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/19/18 11:31 PM

Have boat, will travel..
Posted By: Brent

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/19/18 11:50 PM

If I’m off work I’ll come. I think the reason the north Bama guys kept it at Guntersville is because they knew who would show up. Lots of guys say they will come then they don’t show up. Did y’all see last fall when I was gonna host a golf tourney? 28 guys said they were coming. One week before the tourney I asked for a head count and it was me and one other guy. It would have sucked for the Huntsville guys to put together a tourney somewhere in south Bama and they were the only ones there.

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/20/18 12:15 AM

looks like most of this crowd is in central Alabama guys. How about Saturday before Turkey season lay lake.gorman park in Vincent has a nice public launch with grills,provilions, tables and a bath rooms. Im not a bass guy so I won't be in a tournament but we could throw a few burgers on the grill at lunch. just an idea. It's hard for me to commit to anything a couple months out.

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/20/18 12:26 AM

I know exactly what you mean Brent, hell some goobers expect you to come to their house. Too lazy to meet several other members for dinner! yeah TROX , I'm talking about your sorry azz! mad

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/20/18 12:48 AM

Why I said May is I’m about to order my boat and it takes a little while for it to come in.

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/20/18 12:55 AM

10 4
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/20/18 02:37 AM

It doesn't matter which weekend it is, someone somewhere is gonna already have plans for it. It sucks, bUT the best thing to do is pick one and go with it.
Posted By: AC870

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/20/18 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by bankhead
Why I said May is I’m about to order my boat and it takes a little while for it to come in.

What you ordering? Give us all “boat envy.”
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/20/18 01:34 PM

I’m in as long as I’m not fishing a tourney that weekend. I was gonna say lay or Mitchell
Posted By: NickC

Re: ALDEER get together - 02/20/18 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Brent
If I’m off work I’ll come. I think the reason the north Bama guys kept it at Guntersville is because they knew who would show up. Lots of guys say they will come then they don’t show up. Did y’all see last fall when I was gonna host a golf tourney? 28 guys said they were coming. One week before the tourney I asked for a head count and it was me and one other guy. It would have sucked for the Huntsville guys to put together a tourney somewhere in south Bama and they were the only ones there.

As one of the guys that helped put that event together that is EXACTLY why we kept it up here. We did have a decent turn out and a good time though! Just DONT call it an ALDEER Tourny or all hell will break loose! Let me know what yall come up with and I might come south if I can.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM